Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-24-21, 03:05 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Leslie Sansone - "Muscle Mile" clip on youtube

Hi all,

see youtube clip "Muscle Mile" (uploaded by Mary):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfrmbWn4MJg

clip is in a large studio (not the bat cave) with pastel "Miami Vice" color tones.

it's titled "Muscle Mile" but the closest title i could find is "Muscle Mile One." i emailed Mary and she claims it's Muscle Mile One.

when i read the VF review for "Muscle Mile One," it's described as filmed on carpet with Mary Kay and Sandy and uses the balls:
http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=2487

if possible, provide link to DVD cover if you're able to identify the clip.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 03:44 PM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 05:35 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

thanks!!!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 02-25-21, 06:25 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I remember the Walk Diet! I bought it and posted about it in the GD. My post was immediately banned b/c of the Diet word.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 04:40 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

OK, so i made a significant discovery, and tried to see if this had been posted about previously, because it seemed familiar. If any of you can recall if this was posted about before*, please chime in. essentially, i think they made a production error:

Muscle Mile One
Gaiam
UPC 0 18713 51476 9

is really the "One Mile" from the Walk Diet.

this is what the Muscle Mile One (Gaiam) front cover looks like:
https://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sanson...4629924&sr=8-2

and the back of the cover is here - notice that it describes using the Walk Away Weights, which describes the REAL Muscle Mile One (balls) workout released in 2001 (vhs) or 2003 (GoodTimes DVD) (not 2006 by Gaiam).
Back Cover image

Gaiam also released a compilation of Muscle Mile One, Walk Strong, 30 Minute Walk on DVD and i'm wondering if the "Muscle Mile One" on that has the wrong workout. if anyone knows, please post!

*in a VF review about the "Walk Diet" Jo's review refers to the "Muscle Mile One" DVD:
http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=2638

EDITED TO ADD:
the Amazon reviews supported my discovery:
https://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sanson...4629924&sr=8-2

Old 03-02-21, 04:16 AM  
Ilde

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Gaiam also released a compilation of Muscle Mile One, Walk Strong, 30 Minute Walk on DVD and i'm wondering if the "Muscle Mile One" on that has the wrong workout. if anyone knows, please post!
I have the Walk Away the Pounds for Your Week compilation, and the Muscle Mile One it includes is the correct one.
Is this the compilation you refer to?
Ilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 12:20 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilde View Post
I have the Walk Away the Pounds for Your Week compilation, and the Muscle Mile One it includes is the correct one.
Is this the compilation you refer to?
Thank you for confirming the correct one is on that compilation. .

this is the "weight loss series" compilation - one is a 3 disc set:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Walk-Away-P...IAAOSwDBtgEauy

the other a 1-disc w/3 workouts:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Leslie-Sans...kAAOSwDkJfXsWA

Muscle mile appears on several compilations - the one you mentioned is one of them.

WATP for your week
Weight Loss Series
WATP Ultimate Walk Collection
WATP Intensity Walk

they're all dated after 2006, when Gaiam took over. also, it's hard to tell from the Amazon reviews whether the compilations contain the wrong workout.

Old 04-10-21, 07:58 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
answering my own curious question, this 3-workout on 1 disc compilation DOES indeed have the correct Muscle Mile 1 workout.

Leslie is working out with Sandy and Mary Kay in what looks like an enclosed patio (concrete floor), and two wooden, brown double doors in the background. There are green decorative vines with strings of white lightbulb intertwined. Leslie and Mary Kay use the blue 2# walkaway balls. it's an 18.5 min workout.

the other two workouts on this disc are:
30 Minute Walk (white floor with black grid lines on it, and tall square columns arranged around in the backdrop, 6 cast members)
Walk Strong (same setting as Muscle Mile 1, and there are 4 cast members - Mary Kay, Sandy, Beth and Carol; they use assorted weights including the walkaway balls; 32 min)

Old 05-15-23, 01:29 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

OLD THREAD ALERT

Does anyone know if the WATP Intensity Walk compilation has the right Muscle Mile One workout using the weighted balls??

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-23, 02:09 PM  
red1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
OLD THREAD ALERT

Does anyone know if the WATP Intensity Walk compilation has the right Muscle Mile One workout using the weighted balls??
I think that's Power Mile off of the 5 Day Fit Walk DVD that uses the balls.

Tags
bat cave, leslie sansone, muscle mile one, walk diet, which leslie is this?