Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-31-15, 10:37 PM  
SeptemberGirl

I decided to order and just made it in time before the free shipping promo ends in less than a few hours. This thread = HUGE enabling
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 06:17 AM  
Cassy

Wow I had no interest in these until I just read about Hammer Power. After getting the pink set I really enjoy these type of moves. Now I need to look into this.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 11:04 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Chisel Iso is amazing. Incredible simply, 3/10 reps with 10 sec hold in between, no rest. If you pick heavy weights, its a killer. I'm still shaking. And only 30 minutes!

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 01:29 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I just got this set and did Chisel Balance yesterday. I LOVED it! I have a pretty dismal record when it comes to liking Beach Body sets (only really liked Body Beast) but I am very optimistic about this one!

Question for those that have done the Hammer Power workout. Would it be possible to do this one with a barbell instead of dumbbells? I would think it would be, but he doesn't show anyone doing it with a barbell. Would there be any awkward moves if I did it that way? I don't care for the idea of doing Olympic type lifts with dumbbells. TIA!!
Old 01-04-16, 02:57 PM  
Daphne M

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
Some lovely VFer posted this link (for coaches?) in one of the earlier Hammer and Chisel threads. It has the workout times.

https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answer...se-%26-deluxe)
THANKS! Very very helpful. Also thank you for sharing your impressions of 15 minute Leg Hammer. That sounds like a winner.

I'll share my impressions of the few workouts I've tried to date. I've only just dipped my toe into the set so far -- only sampling the workouts that are so clearly titled that I knew exactly what to expect and how they'd fit with my workout goals and time for the day. (I'm also trying to get through my new ICE workouts and my new Spinervals and my new Mobility RX -- it's a DVD-palooza.)

I've done:

10 Minute Chisel Abs - Alternates 1 minute of plank-type moves with 1 minute of V-up type moves. Some of the V-up variations were pretty tough and I had to modify a few. Most of the crew is doing the V-sits perched on a weight bench, but the lone guy does them on the floor. (Like me.) Solid and time-efficient and Autumn gave timely reminders about not hunching, etc.

Chisel Agility
- I had loads of fun with this one. It's about 40 minutes and consists of a long sequence of all cardio drills of about a minute each with very short recovery. You get one longer break in the middle and then you repeat the whole sequence again. The drills were simple and fun -- grapevine/shuffles, high knees, jump squat variations, plyometric lunges, etc. The fun part is that Autumn calls out random directional changes or changes in pace throughout, so you have to pay attention. I screwed up a few times but the moves are so simple it really didn't matter. The warm-up for this was way too short and there was no stretch to speak of, but otherwise I liked it a lot.

Beast Total Body - This was a bonus workout with the set. I couldn't resist a total body workout in just 40 minutes and had heard so much about the Beast workouts that I was eager to give it a whirl. This was a very solid and efficient workout with Sagi: a lightning fast warm-up (inadequate), then four rounds of four exercises repeated twice, then a cooldown.
All rounds repeated twice, most sets were 15 reps
Round 1: pull-ups, push-ups, squats, crunches
Round 2: incline chest press, double-arm row on incline bench (felt awkward and awful so I modified second set to a standard bentover row), alternating lunges, twisting planks
Round 3: military press, posterior delt raise, deadlifts, Russian twists
Round 4: bicep/hammer curls, tricep kickbacks, calf raises, side plank hip dips
I liked the workout structure and the exercises although 2 sets of 15 reps is not my favorite -- time efficient but I'd rather go heavier and do 3 sets of 8-10 for example. (Except the pull-ups - yowza no idea how that dude managed to do all those full-extension pull-ups!) I'm not sure about Sagi yet -- I'd have liked him better with a few less comments about looking good in a dress or every girl wanting diamonds. That could get old. I hope he finds other things to focus on in the Hammer workouts.
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 03:51 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
I just got this set and did Chisel Balance yesterday. I LOVED it! I have a pretty dismal record when it comes to liking Beach Body sets (only really liked Body Beast) but I am very optimistic about this one!

Question for those that have done the Hammer Power workout. Would it be possible to do this one with a barbell instead of dumbbells? I would think it would be, but he doesn't show anyone doing it with a barbell. Would there be any awkward moves if I did it that way? I don't care for the idea of doing Olympic type lifts with dumbbells. TIA!!
I don't think it matters what you use, barbell would be probably even better. I use kbells actually. I love that workout!

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 05:27 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I did Total Body Chisel today and liked it very much. I was actually able to go heavier with this one than I did with the Hammer workouts. Ten reps per exercise, three exercises per round, each round done three times. The heavy Hammer workout has you doing each exercise three times in a row. Doing the round three times gives you the opportunity to go heavier because you get a break from the exercise.

I still can't decide what to do about the bonus disc, especially since I have yet to do any of the new Cathe workouts.

Tags
21 day fix, beach body, body beast, hammer and chisel, hammer and chisel reviews, sagi kalev