Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-27-13, 01:49 PM  
gm4656271

Jillian Michaels Body Revolution + Weight lifting?

Hi,

I am a 30 year old man and I'm pretty active. I did Body Revolution back in the fall and about to start another rotation. I was wondering if anyone had done Body Revolution in such a way as to incorporate additional weight lifting or resistance band training? Specifically, I am looking to work my chest and arms more.

I feel like the Body Revolution workouts are great for cardio and toning. However, as it is a solid 30-35 minutes of interval training it is hard for me to use dumbbells that are more than 10-12 lbs because of the fast pace of the exercises.

Has anyone supplemented the workout with weight training? The Body Revolution schedule requires 4 days of strength (2 are front of the body-focused, 2 are back of the body focused) and 2 days of cardio. The routine is strength 1, strength 2, cardio, strength 1, strength 2, cardio, rest. I am wondering whether to lift weights immediately before or after doing the strength workouts of if I will be too sore/fatigued.

Any input/advice would be appreciated!
gm4656271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-13, 02:06 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

I've done JMBR as well and agree that it doesn't have enough of a weight lifting component.

I would do a JMBR workout and then follow that with 1-2 body parts of more concentrated lifting. Many of Cathe Friedrich's weight lifting dvds are chaptered so it's easy to add on 10-20 minutes of additional lifting. So I might do a front of the body JMBR workout and then add on back and triceps from something like CTX or Maximum Intensity Strength.

Hth!

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-13, 07:00 PM  
Yoyogirl72

I did a skogg kettlebell rotation with my second round of JMBR last year. Loved the results. JMBR builds my thighs while kettlebells slimmed them and I got nice ropy (but veiny) arms. Gained great core strength too. Ya know, I need to get back to this combo...
Yoyogirl72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-13, 07:07 PM  
gm4656271

Thanks for your thoughts! I don't have kettlebells, but I will add on some kind of targeted strength routine after the BR workouts this week and see how it goes!
gm4656271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 08:48 AM  
Zenara25

Cathe's Xtrain Burn Sets is a good one. Each muscle group can be used in 15min sections. Shoulders, Chest, Triceps, Back and Biceps.
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 10:01 AM  
Buttercup

You might consider Beach Body's Body Beast. They are relatively short and are body part splits.
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body revolution, jillian michaels, resistance bands, strength training