Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-29-12, 01:04 PM  
rose2boys

Question abt cable...

My package did not include the cable...how is it that different from just a regular resistance tubing w/handles? I am assuming I can sub for the cable or is it worth it to purchase JM's from her site?
Old 12-29-12, 01:19 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose2boys View Post
My package did not include the cable...how is it that different from just a regular resistance tubing w/handles? I am assuming I can sub for the cable or is it worth it to purchase JM's from her site?
I bought the set from her site. The cable that came with it is just regular tubing with handles. I haven't even used the one that came with the package since I already have tubing in my workout area.

I also did her cardio workouts one time each. I used other cardio. It's the weight wos that I liked. I don't really follow rotations. I did the push wos on Tuesdays and the pull wos on Thursdays along with yoga/Tonique. That way, I can do a longer weight circuit wo and longer yoga wo on Saturdays. Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays were my TA/CS and cardio days. I'm mentioning this since you weren't sure if you can stick to one program.
Old 12-29-12, 02:01 PM  
rose2boys

Helen -
Thanks for the input. So, did you just do JM weight circiuts 2x/week?

Also, i work part-time, so 2 days/wk I only have 20 min(30 if I am really together that day- ha) to work out. Those days i sometimes just use as rest or do a quick 20 min HiiT or walk the treadmill.
Old 12-29-12, 02:04 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Helen -
Thanks for the input. So, did you just do JM weight circiuts 2x/week?

Also, i work part-time, so 2 days/wk I only have 20 min(30 if I am really together that day- ha) to work out. Those days i sometimes just use as rest or do a quick 20 min HiiT or walk the treadmill.
Yes, I only did JM weight circuits 2x a week. For example, I would do Disc 5 on Tuesday and do Disc 6 on Thursday.

I would do them on the days that you have at least 30 minutes to work out. You can do HiiT on the days you work.
Old 12-29-12, 05:08 PM  
kitty12

Quote:
I did my 1st workout today along with Cardio 1. I really liked the circuit workout...the cardio was just kinda blah for me. I really liked the music and wish there was more "movement" rather than stagnant moves in one place over & over...
Can't really see myself doing the same cardio all month -- ugh! I tend to get bored very easily with cardio.

But, I can see sticking to the other part of the program (maybe not repeating so much though) & subbing other fun stuff for cardio (kickbox, HiiT, walking hills, etc.)

We'll see...I have a hard time sticking to one program, but really have been floundering & need some structure...
I skipped Phase 1 of the workouts, although I did do Cardio 1 once. I thought I would be bored repeating the Cardio workouts over and over, and I think I would have been with Cardio 1, but I loved Cardio 2 and 3. I did the strength and cardio workouts twice a week as per the program, however, I did the strength workouts on the same day. For example, Monday I did Cardio 5 & 6, repeating them again on Wednesday. I did the Cardio workouts Tuesday and usually Friday. I think Cardio 2 and 3 are much better than Cardio 1. I really liked combining the strength workouts on the same day. I did other workouts on the weekend.

The package I had did not include the cable either. I did end up ordering the Level 2 and 3 cables. I really liked the handles - I have carpal tunnel and tubing normally bothers it but not at all with this set. I couldn't really tell the difference between the Level 2 and 3 cables, and it didn't seem it was used as much in Level 3.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body revolution, jillian michaels