Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-24, 05:04 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Workouts similar to Gilad Express workouts?

Does anyone know of any other workouts like Gilad’s Express workouts or Denise’s Fit in A Flash? I’m looking for short segments that include cardio (no straight kickboxing please), core, balance and toning. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!!!
“My life wouldn't be easier if I were thin. My life would be easier if this culture wasn't obsessed with oppressing me because I'm fat. The solution to a problem like bigotry is not to do everything in our power to accommodate the bigotry. It is to get rid of the bigotry.”- Virgie Tovar
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-24, 05:00 AM  
Ilde

The 10-Minute Solution series comes to mind, as well as Weight Watchers 10-Minute Time Crunch Training (Stephanie Huckabee).
Each 10 minute segment in any of these programs offers a complete short routine.
I'm sure others will come up with more suggestions.
Ilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-24, 06:02 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Thank you for your reply! I should have added that I also despise dance cardio and prefer equipment free, bodyweight workouts. For example, I do all the segments on Gilad’s Express Disc 2 except compound moves and then go to disc 1 for hips and thighs and the cool down for a nice long workout. Similarly, on Fit in A Flash, I do everything but the upper body which uses dumbbells heavily. I really like the designated balance and plank/core work in both of these! But, I definitely need to add something else to the mix because I do these A LOT and need some variety!! I have workouts that have balance work but the cardio is weak or non existent. I’m having a hard time finding something like these two workouts that give you the cardio, balance, unweighted toning, and core work all on one workout!
“My life wouldn't be easier if I were thin. My life would be easier if this culture wasn't obsessed with oppressing me because I'm fat. The solution to a problem like bigotry is not to do everything in our power to accommodate the bigotry. It is to get rid of the bigotry.”- Virgie Tovar
Old 03-11-24, 10:08 PM  
bfit

You could try some of the Gilad Bodies in Motion TV shows that have been compiled without the original ads on DVDs. Each one is 22 minutes long and typically has a warm up, some upper body toning with the option of no or light weights, cardio, abs and/or lower body, and stretch. You could also look at Curtis Adams workouts for seniors; there are some DVDs and also workouts on You Tube. These are taken from TV shows too so they are about 20 minutes long. Even though they are designed for seniors they are not too easy at all. There's a nice mix of cardio, toning, and balance although some of his moves are "compound" so maybe you wouldn't like that.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-24, 01:46 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Thank you for taking the time to reply! I will definitely go check out your suggestions!!! I actually love compound moves as I, originally, started working out with The Firm Classics (didn’t we all ). I have just been on a Bodyweight kick lately (haha) but I’m not completely opposed to mixing things up if need be! As long as it is not straight kickboxing or dance cardio, I’m game! At one point, I did look into the Gilad Bodies in Motion but I could not tell which ones were low impact or which had more of his old school aerobics vs the kickboxing. I will revisit. I will also check out Curtis Adams. Similarly, I found a copy of the Time Crunch dvd Ilde had suggested and I was surprised to find I had it still shrink wrapped! Thank you again to both of you for your recommendations!
Old 03-12-24, 12:35 PM  
Karla25

Exercise TV DVDS might work for you. They have a good variety of short workouts led by different instructors.

I found a playlist on YouTube Exercise TV There are a lot more on YouTube if you’re interested in them.

There are also several forum threads about Exercise TV.
Old 03-12-24, 05:28 PM  
Kitten

YBB basic?

A short warmup (it is dance - ish) 8 minutes of standing ballet (balance and toning) 8 minutes of "cardio sculpt" (squats/plies, steps while doing arm movements with light weights, can be done with no weight) 8 minutes of yoga ( bodyweight and core) a short ab segment and then a final stretch.
The original times in at about 40 minutes, the Beachbody one is 45
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body weight workouts, exercise tv, gilad express, short workouts