Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-24, 07:41 AM  
Kitten

Pat, I some how missed you thanking me *facepalm* You're welcome!

As much as YBB Basic is one of my favorite all time workouts, I was glad I got to mix it up this week. Monday & Wednesday was Sculpt 1 + Core 2, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday was Basic subbing the abs segment for Core 1. Friday was Sculpt 1 + Core 2&3. I went to 5 Below and bought a small playground ball specifically for the way the ball is used in Core 3.

Once again my flexibility has improved. I can do flat palm forward bends now! My balance is also better. This week I did the standing ballet without a yardstick.

Little side note. The only competition Basic has for favorite is Jane Fonda's Complete Workout - the first workout video I ever bought. The Lives remind me of the older Jane's. The studio, the big classes, the fun outfits.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-24, 12:38 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Kitten, I loved reading your post! Congrats on your benefits, sounds like the YBBs still deliver.

I still haven't gotten around to incorporating them, been very lazy post-Covid.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-24, 10:39 AM  
Kitten

Week four of my YBB rotation! YBB advanced got added into the mix this week. The ballet section makes me feel so graceful and elegant every time I do it. I love the yoga section that follows it. My hips have gotten cranky as of late. I am hoping these poses help. The dance section, I don't love it. I can't quite put my finger on why. It's less fun, maybe? than the lives. I am probably going to sub out the cardio from Cardio Cabaret. It has some of the same moves and never fails to put a smile on my face.

My posture muscles seem so strong now. My core strength has definitely improved.
Old 01-20-24, 01:20 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
Week four of my YBB rotation! YBB advanced got added into the mix this week. The ballet section makes me feel so graceful and elegant every time I do it. I love the yoga section that follows it. My hips have gotten cranky as of late. I am hoping these poses help. The dance section, I don't love it. I can't quite put my finger on why. It's less fun, maybe? than the lives. I am probably going to sub out the cardio from Cardio Cabaret. It has some of the same moves and never fails to put a smile on my face.

My posture muscles seem so strong now. My core strength has definitely improved.
You’ve inspired me So I went looking for my YBB DVD, but alas I couldn’t find it. It will turn up when I stop looking lol. It always works out that way.
Old 01-26-24, 10:36 AM  
donnamp

Kitten - which rotation are you following? I recently found my YBB booklet!

it is great that you are seeing results from workouts you enjoy!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-24, 04:20 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Kitten - which rotation are you following? I recently found my YBB booklet!

it is great that you are seeing results from workouts you enjoy!!!

Donna
Thank you!!!

I've been doing the Goddess package advanced tweaking it so its under an hour every day. Tomorrow will be the halfway point. I'm thinking about adding in goddess booty to the mix. Just to keep it interesting.
Old 01-26-24, 05:04 PM  
donnamp

thanks, Kitten! And that is a good idea to throw in something for variety.

Donna
Old 02-03-24, 09:26 AM  
Kitten

The end of week 6 of my YBB rotation? Inconceivable!

Work was super duper hectic and stressful this week. I ended up cutting down on my workouts. Thirty minutes or less for me, lol. I also pulled out the two masters series and complete body shaping (one of the lives) since they fit the criteria. Yoga core is tough, y'all. I also have a copy of goddess abs coming my way. Because, as Gillian would say' "why not."

Since the masters and the lives intentions flow right into the workouts, I was doing them. I have been skipping that part as not necessary. Well, my improved mental health says otherwise. Definitely adding them in this week.

One last thought. I cannot connect to the aerobics on advanced. I'm pulling out the lives to substitute this week.

Waves!
Old 02-03-24, 12:38 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Congratulations on sticking with it, Kitten! I recall that the intentions and kriyas used to put me in a better space mentally and attitude-wise. Why haven't I dusted my YBBs off yet?

The dance portion of Advanced is a little "busy" and fast moving. Good idea to just eliminate a less-favorite section if you don't have time that day. That yoga part is wonderful, though, and the closing relaxation in star pose.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-24, 08:02 AM  
donnamp

Great job, Kitten!! And good going on making it work for you!!

Donna

Tags
results, rotations, ybb rotation, yoga booty ballet