Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-07-21, 08:50 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts:

Silver&Fit - International Mixed Format with Suaad - 5/3/21 - 30 minutes;
This workout was 10 minutes of cardio, 10 minutes of weight work (I used mostly 5lbs and felt it by the end) and 10 minutes of stretching. The setting was at Tulum, Mexico on the deck at a resort overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. The camera would pan around from time to time so you could see the resort grounds and pool or the beach, depending on which way they went. Not my favorite instructor, but truthfully, maybe this is more what an intermediate workout should be. She would introduce new moves and do them several times before finally taking it up tempo. This was only a problem with the cardio section. I did enjoy the scenery though.

Jessica Valant Pilates - Abs for Beginners - 10 minutes;

30 minute Walk

Donna - Nice job! I guess the virtual office is better than the in person office.

Pam - I'm lucky to live in an area that is relatively sparsely populated and we've walked outside all through the pandemic, even at the worst of it, without having to get very close to people. There's enough space and you can see far enough ahead that it's easy to take evasive action if people are headed your way. Plus, the wind is always blowing and our shelter in place orders never prohibited solitary activities like walking, running or walking the dog. I don't even mask outside when we walk and I'm pretty much a stickler for wearing a mask indoors - that's how few people we would/will see out walking.

Linda - Great job on your hike!

Waves to Brenda, Beth and Dana ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-21, 09:05 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s potpourri of short workouts, looks like a lot more than it is….
~taught 30 min Essentrics class on zoom
~Go Strapless in 10 Days: Day 3
~Jessica’s Barre Fitness: floor barre - This was good, haven’t done it in ages, very Pilates inspired. My only complaint is that her transitions are very quick.
~PT exercises
~30 min stationary bike
~short neighbourhood walk
~short hip focused MELT on my own
~yin on my own….forward bends, side bends, twists, hip openers

Carol - That workout sounds pretty good, especially the scenery.

Donna - I look forward to your thoughts on the CocoLime sub.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-21, 12:14 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Carol - I meant to add that we also live in a sparsely populated area. It’s been so wonderful to get outside & walk and only see a few people. Long walks have been my sanity saver and I miss them. Hopefully soon I’ll be back at it. Our area is very hilly which is great for cardio, but not great for my hip right now. So easy to social distance here and we don’t mask outside unless we are in the city. We’ve been fortunate to have a relatively low number of cases, living on an island helps.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 09-08-21, 06:07 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Carol - I meant to add that we also live in a sparsely populated area. It’s been so wonderful to get outside & walk and only see a few people. Long walks have been my sanity saver and I miss them. Hopefully soon I’ll be back at it. Our area is very hilly which is great for cardio, but not great for my hip right now. So easy to social distance here and we don’t mask outside unless we are in the city. We’ve been fortunate to have a relatively low number of cases, living on an island helps.
Bless your heart! I didn't realize you had been struggling with hip issues. Yes, hilly walking would be hard on your hip - you would love walking here (well maybe not, it's pretty ugly) - it's flat as a pancake.

I would pay big bucks - if I had them - to live on an island right now. People are driving me nuts.

Carol
Old 09-08-21, 07:23 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s collection of shorties:
~Essentrics 25 min - standing half of a friends class I saved.
~Go Strapless in 10 Days: Day 4
~BellyFit Shakti Warrior: Root to Rise
~PT exercises
~short neighbourhood walk
~MFML: Daily Hips Practice

Carol - Yes it’s nice to live on an island! I hear you about people driving you nuts. When we go to the city to visit our son, I find it so crowded. I’m seeing my PT to hopefully resolve this hip thing, but it’s not a quick fix.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 09-08-21, 09:14 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were:

Senior Shape - Floor Weights - 25 minutes;
Silver & Fit - International Cardio with Penny - 8/26/21 - about 10 minutes

I actually started with the cardio workout, filmed in Mexico somewhere with palm trees, etc., but my ankle was bothering me a lot so I bailed on it at about the 10 to 12 minute mark. I'll try it again when my ankle isn't hurting.

The Senior Shape workout is not a new one, but I will be sore tomorrow - it's all upper body focused. I do like it.

Pam - Yes, those things are never a quick fix. Thank heavens for physical therapists!

Carol
Old 09-09-21, 08:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for being MIA yesterday, just got caught up in stuff - ugh!

So yesterday was:

CocoLime 30 min Full Body workout - this was ok. Not one I loved, her stuff is nice but I often find myself feeling like it wasn't enough. But I had been sleep deprived the night before so this was not a bad workout for when you are tired.

Outdoor walk w/ my Golden. Glad the weather is getting cooler for more outdoor walks w/ my doggie.

Today, so far, has been:

Lively Ladies - 20 Min Energizing Workout - it was really 30 min b/c she does a pretty thorough warm-up, she links to a separate cool down. I do appreciate the longer warm-ups and I have used her cool downs recently and they are good as well. At this "Lively" age I'm not able to bounce out of bed and get right to working out - I definitely appreciate the longer warm up

Trifecta Pilates - 25 Min Foundation workout. Beth/Trifecta is starting a new challenge tomorrow - 5 days, approx 30 min a day. I do like her stuff and I am almost positive I will be lulled into signing up for her site for a month. I do it all the time and then I don't use it. I do think if you want to focus on Pilates as the foundation for your exercise, her stuff is very good. But my issue is, I like Pilates more as a side dish or dessert. But, I'm sure I'll cave, LOL!

Anyway - sorry for the lack of personals, but I'm super busy at work...

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-21, 12:40 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna pilates as a side dish..that's perfect! In my case it's become more of a snack

Carol I'm sorry to hear your ankle is bothering you.

Pam wow you are doing two Frankenstein's worth there.

Yesterday was PIYO Hardcore on the floor. Not an easy workout. Shoulders and wrists and core worked a bunch but I enjoyed it.

Waves to all!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-21, 03:20 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Sorry I've been missing but my happy-go-lucky Oliver is clearly not feeling well and a cat that lives to eat, hasn't been eating. I'm beside myself with worry. His vet is off today but they'll squeeze us in tomorrow. It's never a good thing when a cat doesn't eat and I fear the worst. Like a repeat of Ziggy whom we've lost few years ago. It's literally sucking the life out of me and I haven't been exercising for the past few days. I'll check back in couple of days.
Old 09-09-21, 06:51 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana I'm so sorry! I don't blame you for being upset. Do you think he has a blockage from eating something he shouldn't have? (I don't recall what happened with Ziggy.)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad