Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-03-21, 08:13 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Nothing formal yesterday. I treated myself to a good nap when I got home from work. Just dropping by to get motivated.

Margot, is that really you?? It's so nice to see you. How frightening about your husband's heart attack. I wish you could join me on a walk too - or I could join you, I recall you always enjoying interesting walking routes and trails.

Carolyn, I love your channeling Zippy for yoga. {{HUGS}} I'm sure that when the time is right, you and DH will be adopted by another beautiful cat soul.

Welcome back Pam, it sounds like a fab vacation. Good luck with your PT and butt enlivening program. I was wary of picking the peaches - something about being warned to not eat wild mushrooms in the woods. Thank you for the links, I'm going to check them out right now.

Garrie, I'm so happy for you on your new living arrangements with your SO. I'm always impressed with your workouts and dedication.

Paine - I had a pile of Japanese eggplants, green peppers and zephyr squash from the farmer's market and a boatload of my own tomatoes and basil to use. I just threw it all in the IP with garlic and it was so good! I'll miss those fresh flavors when the season is over.

I hope Sandra is feeling better. Good morning Beth and Cyana and everyone who visits today.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 09:50 AM  
Twigs

Thank you all for the welcome back.

Yesterday evening I did:
- ETV Lauren's Advanced Class
- Katy Bowman - Hip Rotation is not just for standing. I thought I'd take advantage of her half price subscription for one month and see if I can pick up any more postural tips to help with shoulders and upper back.

Today:
- Jessica Smith WS2 Balance, Poise & Grace. One of her sneaky workouts. I really like the workouts she does with her Mom.
- HeathBarre - Quick Tips for Buttocks & Thighs and Quickie Waist & Abs

Pat - DH and I just got back from a walk on our local Common. There are so many baby calves at the moment - so cute. Your veggie dish sounds . We've got a glut of yellow zucchini from the garden at the moment. It's going into everything I'm making and the rest I'm giving away.

Cyana - Having to work over the weekend is no fun. I did go to my class. I felt lovely and relaxed afterwards and had a good night's sleep. I didn't realise how many tight places there were on my face! I hear you about the length of the classes. There is a lady 'Nichi' who has some shorter Yamuna classes on Ekhart Yoga. I think they range from 10 minutes and upwards. My instructor on the Zoom class said that as long as you work both sides of the face in one area, you don't really have to spend that much time all at once.

Pam - Thank you for the links. Like Cyana, I thought those socks were a hoot, especially with the formal trousers, shirt and tie. Hope you see some benefit really soon.

Beth - The classes you have on your site are all great for me. I do the ones using the strap a lot. My shoulders always feel great afterwards. Hope you can re-jiggle your work chair to feel more comfortable. I found that having my feet raised up off the floor, so I have a more of a 90 degree angle in my legs really helped ease the aches and pains.

Paine - What a terrible shock for your sister and family. That's so terribly sad. Life is just not fair sometimes. When my DH had his first attack while running a half marathon, we had no idea either that he had any heart issues. Luckily, a medical doctor was running just behind him, saw him go down and was able to administer CPR until the paramedics arrived.
I've been doing Sandra's Callanetics for 4 months. She also incorporates Somatics, Katy Bowman's techniques and pelvic floor work. I've done all these things separately in the past but never really saw any results. I do a lot of other stuff too, otherwise I'd get bored. I need to do balance work and extra stuff for the upper body. How's your grandson feeling about school, now that he has done a whole week?

Garrie - I'm so happy for you. It's an exciting new chapter of your life. I bet your parents miss you. It's amazing that Cathe is still going strong after all these years. I used to work out with her all the time. She had great step choreography.

Waves Carolyn and Sandra. Hope you're on the mend Sandra.

Edit: I just had an email from Essentrics to say they are unlocking Season 11 for the whole weekend - no sign in required.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 10:13 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

DH slept late so I didn't have access to working out in our bedroom. I will likely do a neighborhood walk today.

Cyana, I hope you get paid overtime for all the extra hours you work. If not, I would consider having a consultation with an employment lawyer.
I LOVED my peanut butter and jelly sandwich in my sack lunch when I was going to grade school. I made them for my kids sack lunches when they were going to school too. I also loved putting in short notes or a tiny prize inside their sack lunch.
I HATE picking out new passwords!!

Pat, I had to google "zephyr squash" because I've never heard about it or seen it in the market before! Your iPot dish sounds delicious. I love simple recipes like that and I'm going to have to try it.

Margot, I think my grandson has made peace with going to school but he still doesn't like it. None of my kids wanted to go to school either because they loved summer vacation.
I have CS Season 11 and like it!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 11:54 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Happy Friday, Friends!

Pam, thanks for linking to those exercises! I know about clamshells (and should be doing them more!) but the seated one was new to me. Have you tried any of the Pilates from Senior Shape Fitness?

Ugh, cyana, sounds like you can relate to my issues! I adjusted things a bit further today, and so far no pain. I think I'm probably leaning too! I ordered 2 different seat cushions to try. Oh, I'll be working on Monday too.

Pat, you seem to get in plenty of activity even when no formal exercise (you too, Paine!).

Margot, I forgot to say before, (((HUGS))) around all you & DH have gone through! I'd be interested to hear more about your hip/pelvic program too.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 12:02 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning mat mavens!

Yes I love his socks in the second video. My DS1 is into funky socks. He is a sales manager & wears a dress shirt & dress pants but kicks it up a notch with colourful socks. I often put a pair or two in his Christmas stocking.

Pat - Yum, all those veggies sound delish! We had a bumper crop of basil & tomatoes with lots of romas. I’ve made a couple of batches of marinara sauce and yesterday I made tomato vegetable soup in my IP and a big batch of basil tomato pesto. We’ve also been enjoying caprese salads.

Cyana - I’m sorry work continues to be such a grind for you! Working all weekend is brutal! (((Hugs))) I hope I’m on the right track with this hip thing too! As I’ve said before, DH and I have both had good results from our PT. I know this is becoming chronic so if I don’t get on it now, it will just get harder to resolve.

Margo - I don’t have an ETV sub right now but I see it’s free this weekend. I have a number of a fellow instructors classes saved.

Beth - The seated exercise was new to me too. My big take for clamshells, from the video and my PT, was keeping the top hip forward. It makes such a big difference. I have not tried Senior Shape Fitness, is it on YT? TBH, when there’s “senior” in the title it kinda turns me off, lol.

I just finished teaching a short Essentrics class on zoom & I’ll be back later to post my workouts.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 12:48 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, yes, preventing the hip from sliding back in clams is key! LOL, I had the same reaction to the "senior" term, but as I said in the Pilates checkin, the instructor (who looks quite young herself) seems to be teaching for "seniors" and "beginners" who are quite fit!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-03-21, 01:26 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Here are the peaches, if that's what they are. Wild apricots?
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 01:28 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

My cold continues, but my energy is better and cold meds are controlling the symptoms pretty well. I'm planning to work my library shift this afternoon. Also got in a workout yesterday --

Thursday's Workout: Total Body Training from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong set.

No workout today due to my schedule but I just got back from a shortish outdoor walk. I've missed my walking and am looking forward to getting back into it, especially with (hopefully) cooler weather coming.

My knee is improving, but slowly.

Margot: Welcome back!

Yogapam: Also welcome back! From the Facebook photos it looks like you had a fabulous trip.

Garrie: Glad the initial bookstore rush is over, and that your new living arrangement with your SO is working out.

Pat58: Sounds like you went through some scary weather out your way. Dealing with these climate extremes is so frustrating!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 08:47 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Back with a quick fly by….

Today’s offerings:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom - I put my PT clamshell in the mat work
~BellyFit Blossom & Glow - This is a new 20 min workout, very nice & gentle, felt like BF Sage. Alice is offering 50% off all her workouts this weekend.
~PT exercises
~A lovely supported yin stretch on my own.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 09:38 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, how has teaching been with your hip pain? I've thought about throwing more mobility-type moves into my yoga classes, too.

Pat, will you try eating them?

Sandra, I noticed today that the SeniorShape Fitness channel has a knee pain routine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEI8dgxeJ0c

I have 16 signed up for my yoga class tomorrow morning! I hope to go on a bike ride sometime after.

Follow me @YogiBethC