Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-05-21, 04:55 AM  
seabliss

We arrived back in Porto last night, so now I have my workout bands and mat and steady wifi again (at the apartment at least). I just finished an upper body band workout by Caroline Girvan. I had to repeat some of the sections because I don't have a long loop band, just a long band. So I had to do one shoulder/arm at a time. My shoulders feel worn out, so that's good.

Lynn, my parents didn't get the vaccine. My mother would have, but my father doesn't trust it. I wish they had, but what can you do. So they just have regular infections. My father was sick only for a few days and is still weak, but he's getting better. His big improvement came after starting the ivermectin. My mother was very sick for days. She finally also got ivermectin and they both went for antibody treatments (four shots in their shoulders and abdomen. Their symptoms were different. My mother had coughing at first, but then terrible body aches, nausea, faintness, fever. She's so thin already, and I know she got dehydrated as she could barely even drink any water. But last night she made it to the clinic to get the antibodies and finally was able to eat some homemade soup that my brother and his wife dropped off. She feels a little better, and I think she is finally on the upswing. So I'm really relieved. My father lost his taste and smell, but my mother seems to have hers.

Lynn, the workout I did today was kind of like the one you did --the instructor kept stopping like she just couldn't do another rep. This is fine once in a whlle, but she did it every round. She looks really fit, so it seemed like it was for effect. I thought it was annoying because I was just plowing along. But all the commenters loved it. Other than that it was a good set of exercises, as long as I didn't really watch her.

Cynthia, cataract surgery doesn't sound fun. My father had it and it helped him a lot. I'm glad we have these medical options available nowadays.

Diana, glad to hear your DH is healing ok and feeling better!
Old 08-05-21, 08:29 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 7,975
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 04:55 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Denise Summer Simmer Day 13 of 14, beachy bootcamp. Circuits: 3 min cardio, 3 min weights, 3 min abs. My abs were still sore from yesterday.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 10:06 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I had a hair appointment today and had to go back to Lowe's to set up the install for the dishwasher. They had to come out first to check the area since the old dishwasher had started leaking. There was no damage so we could go forward with the install. Tomorrow DH has the stitches removed from his surgery. Cody, our dog, has a Vet appointment. He has allergies every year at this time. Something in the yard that bothers him.

Check-In: 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-06-21, 07:27 AM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather Robertson's Legs and Booty Workout - No Equipment. And we'll be walking around in a bit.

Diana, glad to hear about your husband's recovery and that there was no damage from the broken dishwasher.

My parents are on the upswing at last, so I'm very relieved about this.

Have a great weekend!
Old 08-06-21, 08:36 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

DH has a toothache. Our dentist is out of the office today so they were able to schedule him for Monday at 9 am. I think it's going to be a long weekend.

Dishwasher is scheduled to be installed on Thursday. Yay!

Cheryl Great news about your parents.

Steps for yesterday: 14,003
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-06-21, 11:00 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, thanks for the good news about your pants. I hope they regain their health soon.

Diana, (((hugs))) for both of you for the long toothache weekend.
Old 08-06-21, 01:34 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes (luckily the instructor was on top of it this time); this one was pretty tough on the core, and the constant stretching. Trying to keep up with it, but it adds up to at least an hour a day, which is annoying.

Cheryl, your parents did well, not being vaccinated. Glad they are recovering and hope they are both fully recovered soon. My brother also won't get the vaccine so there is always someone in every family. We are all just dreading what happens when 30K students show up in town, many of whom are unvaccinated. Our hospital is already quite full.

Diana, your poor DH, from surgery to tooth problems! And no dishwasher until Thursday. Hang in there.

Cynthia, sounds like Denise is giving you a workout.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 05:08 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Day 14 done! I think I'll rest tomorrow. Denise's newer workouts are more rigorous than those from the TV shows, plus it was 14 days straight, no rest, plus I swam a few times.

I got a jury duty summons in the mail, for August 30.. Not my first, but the others weren't during a pandemic. Not looking forward to this. The last time I got one, when I called the check-in number the Friday before I was to show up on Monday (standard procedure) I was thanked & excused; apparently that case settled. I sure would like that this time.

Lynn, I hope al that stretching will get the job done. That is a lot of time to put in.
Old 08-06-21, 09:42 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Busy day!

Check-In: 30 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana