Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-20-21, 09:29 PM  
Vantreesta

Nice job, Beth! I have to admit, I gave up. I'm still fitting some yoga in but not consistently. Thanks for the link for posterior chain release though. I have it saved to try!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-21, 08:31 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi Vantreesta! I hope you and others will still follow along even if you're not doing yoga every day.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-21, 09:29 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Hi Vantreesta! I hope you and others will still follow along even if you're not doing yoga every day.
I am still here. Doing my best. If I don't do yoga I am stretching each day with some meditation.
Old 08-21-21, 10:04 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Mary, those other things certainly "count" in my book. Do you meditation just on your own or do you use an app?

It's rainy here today; I'm thinking that a longer yoga practice is in order, maybe a yin routine.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 08-21-21, 01:13 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
Mary, those other things certainly "count" in my book. Do you meditation just on your own or do you use an app?

It's rainy here today; I'm thinking that a longer yoga practice is in order, maybe a yin routine.
Mostly on my own. I have a couple of apps and a couple of books which I use occasionally. It just sort of depends on how I am feeling. On my own isn't really guided or anything. It's not like I have this routine. I just sort of sit and reflect and pray if that makes sense.
Old 08-21-21, 01:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
It's not like I have this routine. I just sort of sit and reflect and pray if that makes sense.
Mary, I think that's nice! Sometimes I do that when I lie down to go to sleep - I'll sometimes engage in a breathing exercise, sometimes I'll send well-wishes to others, etc. I tend not to consider that meditation because it's a pretty informal process (and sometimes I fall asleep!), but it's certainly mindfulness at the very least.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 08-23-21, 07:12 AM  
hch
VF Supporter

I became busier shortly after my last post here and had an exceptionally disrupted schedule over the past three weeks, during which I've been continuing the sadhana with daily yoga nidra (about which more later) and the reading.

I hope to add updates and replies soon.

Quote:
I was thinking more about the cuing issue when doing yoga today (will update above). There is one cue that I try hard NEVER to say, "I want you to..." That comes out of my reading/training in the area of trauma-informed yoga. I always want to give people agency for the own bodies and don't want to talk to them as if I'm a drill instructor.
I've been reading about trauma-informed yoga in snatches of time, and I find the idea interesting. I haven't become inclined to choose only trauma-informed practices, but I find sort parts of them at least somewhat appealing (and so far I haven't found a common feature that strikes me as unappealing, at least unappealing to me).
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-21, 08:02 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hch View Post
I've been reading about trauma-informed yoga in snatches of time, and I find the idea interesting. I haven't become inclined to choose only trauma-informed practices, but I find sort parts of them at least somewhat appealing (and so far I haven't found a common feature that strikes me as unappealing, at least unappealing to me).
Henry, in my mind, it's the approach or the teaching that needs to be trauma-informed rather than the practice itself. These are principles that I believe need to apply to all yoga teaching - e.g., using invitational and inclusive language, no touching without consent, etc.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 08-23-21, 08:04 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I'm in the home stretch; today is Day 31 for me.

Day 31, Mon-
TAUGHT yoga to field hockey team on campus - so hot!
Day 32, Tue- Yoga for Stress Reduction, Warm-up
Day 33, Wed- The Bare Female (YT), Twist & Stretch Your Spine, Yin Yoga to Elongate the Side Body
TAUGHT yoga to field hockey team on campus, outside this time at least
Day 34, Thu- Yogea (YT), Back-Soothing Yoga Routine
Day 35, Fri- Nin Yoga (YT), Yoga for Motivation
Day 36, Sat- ATTENDED studio meditation class; Saddle bonus series from Paul Grilley Yin Yoga
TAUGHT yoga at studio
Day 37, Sun- Yoga TX (YT), Yoga for Neck & Shoulder Pain, Gentle Restorative Flow

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 08-23-21, 09:30 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I’ve dropped out, had a busy summer with family & outdoor activities. I look forward to doing another sadhana for the new year.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sadhana, vf sadhana