Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-21, 11:27 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Beth - I also decided to start a new post today as this is my day 11.

Day 11
~MELT: hips, low back, legs, & shoulders
Day 12
~Restorative poses & stretches with my soft half foam roller - chest openers, hip stretches, supported bridge, supported twists
Day 13
~Restorative poses & stretches as above
Day 14
~Restorative poses & stretches again with my soft half foam roller - chest openers, hip stretches, supported side stretches, supported twists, & a little MELTing.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 08:32 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello,

I just got back into town after almost a week away. Will pick back up with where I left off and add today's workout to the list!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 10:45 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I went to a Ren Fest with hubby on Saturday and again the next day with a friend and her kids. It was 2 hours away so 8 hours on the road and slow walking outside for several hours in the sun and smoky haze for two days left me so tired Sunday night! Yesterday I retweaked my calf that's been such a nuisance since about mid June. I know I should get it looked at but I just don't wanna!
DH and I have been to the Renaissance Festival in MN a few times. It's listed as being in Shakopee and I can't remember now if that's where we were, but I imagine so.

Sorry about your calf muscle. Hope you're feeling a bit better now. We just got back from a long trip to Vermont and thankfully I remembered to bring a pillow for lumber/lower back support. But, we've been exhausted since our return, too! Lot's of walking outdoors with the mosquitos.

April Focus:
Old 08-08-21, 09:04 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
DH and I have been to the Renaissance Festival in MN a few times. It's listed as being in Shakopee and I can't remember now if that's where we were, but I imagine so.
There is a Ren Fest (never knew that abbreviation before, haha) in Sterling NY - about an hour from me in Rochester. I have never been in the 25 years I have lived here! I guess it's mainly b/c DH, who grew up in this area, never had any interest.

I'll have to go back and add yesterday's yoga practice. I also taught a fun class in the morning. It was one I have done as a workshop before, "Dog Days of Summer," focused on playing around with downward dog. The students were willing, so it was fun to encourage them to explore new ways of practicing (and Henry, I did try to focus on the mindful cuing!). I also did assists with students for the first time since pre-pandemic! I thought this was a good one to do b/c it uses a strap, so I didn't have to touch them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP9O...ardnerWellness

Students tend to really love this because it helps them take the weight off their hands in the pose.

Happy Sunday, all!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-21, 08:43 AM  
Vantreesta

Pam, the big MN one has been in Shakopee for many many years so I would guess so. Supposedly the lease is ending for that location but I think it really depends on how much the mine can make otherwise so it's been kind of in limbo. It is still in Shakopee this year. When they do actually have to move they are hoping to stay in the same county, hoping attendance won't drop.

Beth, you should totally go! Just for the experience of it. My dad went with us to the one in AZ only bc my mom wanted to. He will most likely never go again but I think he still sort of liked seeing what I have been raving about for the last two decades or so! He would much prefer a mountain man rendezvous, which we also love but haven't gone to the last few years.

We have dressed in garb since I think our second or third time going together. It is so much more fun in garb, but it's still a great time even if you don't dress up. And this is coming from people who hate crowds and only willingly deal with them for fests and concerts!

So I know now why I don't do a summer sadhana. I have missed so many days!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 11:45 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I'm still here! Back in the office this week, which is interfering with my fitness.

Just did this office yoga practice; looks like she has several "no mat" yoga practices on her channel:
https://youtu.be/P5HNuQIPdfA

ETA: Today is Day 20 for me - I'm halfway through!

Also, I think I never talked about my Intro to Acro Yoga workshop last week, so here's a quick summary. There were probably about 15 people there, some who came with partners (like I did) and some who came alone. The main teacher was someone I've taken several classes with, including Intro to SUP Yoga 2 years ago - she talked me through that, so I knew she would be good for this, too. She was joined by several other teachers assisting. We did several intro things, including having everyone go around to introduce themselves, with each person during a warm-up stretch. We then did warm-ups across the grass (it was in her backyard, with the acro part practiced on gym mats) such as crawl forward/push-up/repeat and lizard lunge step/repeat.

The first part of the acro work was in partners; you are either a base (bottom) or flier (in air). As the base, you are getting used to taking on weight, keeping your legs at an L from your body, and keeping your arms straight. As the flier you need to practice releasing your weight into the base, keeping your core tight, and preventing your upper back from slumping. After this intro in pairs, we formed small groups of 3 so that one person could be a spotter (and usually there was a 4th person, a teacher, around too). Almost every position we did started with the base's feet at the flier's front hip points (ASIS).

The main pose we did was bird. We took turns being base/flier, and after we had the basic position (below), we experimented with letting go of one or both hands OR having the base remove a leg (the latter was definitely harder; communication is important!).

After the first few, my friend preferred to be spotter only, as she felt that she wasn't strong enough (I think it takes more leverage than strength but didn't push her), so I practiced with the others. The toughest thing we did was throne (also called straddle throne), which was challenging as a base due to moving your feet and as a flier because of how you had to wrap your legs around the base's legs to get into it.l BUT, I was able to do it, both as a base and as a flier! I added some photos to my profile albums.

It was a fun experience and I definitely recommend trying it if you can!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 08-13-21, 03:10 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

That's so cool, Beth! I think of "Dirty Dancing" when I see this!

April Focus:
Old 08-13-21, 05:02 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, it was cool - not quite Dirty Dancing skill level though!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 08-16-21, 11:44 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Day 21- Yin Yoga with Matt (YT) - 45 Minute Stress Relieving Yin Practice
Day 22- Mind-Body-Brew live outdoor yoga class with Sarah
Day 23- AM Yoga Get Up & Go
FILMED: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gIA7f0Rrs4
Day 24- Whole Life Challenge, Myofascial Release for Posterior Chain, Yoga Vibe Mobility Week 5:
https://youtu.be/NaA2CW2V4IY?list=PL...LOa6sMwhtmBxk-
Day 25- Nin Yoga, Coffee Break - Cool Down:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBkAi4fXA1E
TAUGHT yoga at studio
Day 26- Yogea Yoga, 5 Poses to Detox:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO30ZyuUmy4
Day 27- Yoga with Olga, Short Yoga Practice for the Neck & Upper Back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJsLqD8jxgc
FILMED meditation practice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddr_7X_khCo
Day 29- AM Yoga for Your Week, Hip Openers
Day 29- Arianna Elizabeth, Restorative Yoga for Hips & Back Opening:
https://youtu.be/nPF8kCP11WM
Day 30- Attended somatic yoga class with Sunni at retreat and
TAUGHT mindful yoga at retreat

Will be starting a new post of the last 10 days!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 08-20-21, 09:19 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I can't believe I'm almost 3/4 of the way through already! Is anyone else still with me?

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
sadhana, vf sadhana