Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-21, 08:23 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Garrie and cyana, thanks for the blender thoughts! I am leaning more towards a smoothie blender. I noticed that when I was at my mom's, her Magic Bullet didn't blend ice quite as well as my (pre-broken) immersion blender. However, it may have been the wattage - I think the basic Magic Bullet is only 250 watts, but I found this very similar one on Amazon that is 850!
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...k_ql_qh_dp_hza

cyana, I actually think of you now when I use mascara! Also, I was going to tell you that last weekend, we were in the Dollar Tree, and both my mom and I bought this same Maybelline mascara, or "Snapscara":
https://www.amazon.com/Maybelline-Ne...dp/B07GSV2H2P/

I actually like it a lot! It's another with a slightly weird brush, but I find that it works well--although it's a lot easier for me to do my right eye since I am right-handed. We got it in the "Black Cherry" shade, which is a little different but kind of a reddish blackish brown.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-21, 09:16 AM  
cyana

Happy Independence Day. Here's the closing comment from Tias Little's weekly email: "While honoring our nation's uniqueness and richness, let's celebrate the fact that we are all interwoven. "

Beth - That's an interesting looking mascara brush, but I think it might work better for me. Interesting color, too. Remember when colored mascaras became a thing? The Sky High clumped terribly around the base of the lashes and made such a mess I kept having to use a Q-Tip to remove excess from around my eyes, which totally trashed my eye shadow (and that's saying a lot since I'm pretty minimalist with make-up ). I'm not familiar with the smoothie blender in your link, but it appears to have gotten decent reviews and having adequate power is good for blending up frozen items, as well as any green things (such as spinach or kale) that you might toss into a smoothie. I believe it was Sherry who gave me a great tip on smoothies - blend any green leafy items with your base liquid until smooth and then add the rest of the ingredients and blend until the remaining ingredients are smooth. As someone who can get heavy-handed with the green things, that was near-life changing, LOL!! And it's an especially helpful tip if you're trying to sneak some stealth green stuff past other family members.

Garrie - Truly, the wall squat challenge (IIRC, a newer one, as she has more than one) wasn't as terrible as it sounds. I think the term wall squat immediately fills everyone with dread - me included! Even Caroline took multiple quick breaks and encouraged everyone to do so, as well. Interesting thoughts on Caroline's back work-out. As a home-exerciser, I sometimes wonder if my back gets enough attention and whether we're fully exploring all the options for working those muscles. Lat rows aren't the only game in town. I've heard multiple comments about the placement of the Boss Loops in that clip.

Now that I've finished my coffee, I need to get moving. One of my to do's for the day is to come up with a July work-out template for the next 4 weeks. Back later with my work-out.

Waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-21, 09:32 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, LOL about the brightly colored mascaras - I remember when blue mascara (and eyeliner!) was big. The Black Cherry is very subtle; in fact, it was too subtle in for some in the reviews. I hate when mascara is all gloopy/clumpy too!!! I always look for products where the brush pulls out pretty clean.

Thanks for the tip (and thank you Sherry if it was from you!) to do the liquid and greens first! I am not trying to sneak the greens past anyone; but I do like them chopped up.

Good luck with your exercise plan and thanks for the Tias quote - was that from him, or was he quoting another?

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-04-21, 11:04 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Happy day. That's a joke for those of us on the eastern seaboard. I'm actually enjoying it. I had a very nice walk at the beach enjoying the mist and coolness. There weren't many people and that means more opportunities for animal sightings. Altogether I accomplished:

~ LWR Beach Cardio
~ LWR 8 minute full body sculpting
~ Heart openers, hip stretches and inversion
~ 9,000 steps

The Reiki was helpful and beautiful. My little friend, Lady Peanut, visited and I cried a little. Any of my Facebook friends here know about little Peanut, we had become close friends and she lived a long life for a squirrel. I just know she's gone to the great oak tree, and I pray it was natural. I blogged a little about my Reiki and goals for it if anyone's interested.
https://greentaracelticdreams.blogsp...irmations.html

Paine, I think Fitness Becomes you is in my Margaret rotation pile at present. I also love that routine.

Hi Garrie, nice to see you! Caroline sounds pretty hardcore!

Thank you for sharing Tias' quote, Cyana. I wish more of us would contemplate on that. Dang what a total SNAFU about getting your produce this week!

Beth, I had been researching the bullet blenders and dismissed the Magic Bullet early on after reading reviews. Let us know what you get - the IONIC in your general board post looks promising. I like that mascara shade.

Good morning to Paine, Pam and one and all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-21, 12:32 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Just a quick pop-in right now.

I haven't worked out the last couple of days. Friday was my usual weekly rest day, and I had one of *those* days on Saturday -- instead of a workout I went out with a friend to dinner!

I did want to share that I cut my hair! It is back to looking pretty much the same as my current avatar. After Covid closed down hair salons back in March 2020 I simply let it grow out, and it had reached to my shoulder blades. However, it was feeling hot and heavy, and was a pain to wash. So I went back to short. Feels so much more cooler and lighter.

Garrie: Congrats on moving in with your SO! I assume you went with moving into your SO's place rather than finding a new place together. Hope you get your job scheduling worked out.

Beth: I'll be interested in your opinion on Caged Lion. It definitely upended a lot of what I thought I knew about Pilates.

Waving to all -- be back later with today's workout!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-21, 01:00 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is an unplanned rest day. Our dinner party yesterday was really nice! I was so happy to have all my family together again.

Garrie, Ripped & Chiseled has always been one of my favorites for upper body weight lifting.

Beth, that Amazon blender has high ratings. Let us know what you decide to buy.
Like Sandra, I'll be looking forward to your opinion on Caged Lion.

Cyana and Beth, I have trouble finding a mascara that doesn't flake on my cheeks throughout the day.

Pat, I enjoyed reading your blog. You write well. Many decades ago back in my New Age days, I had an Aquarian Tarot Deck. I actually gave it to my oldest son before we moved back to California.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-21, 04:50 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hope everyone declared their independence from shoes today!

Sandra, congrats on the overdue haircut! Hope you enjoyed dinner with your friend.

Pat, it seemed that there were a lot of affordable off-brand immersion blenders available that had very good reviews.

Paine, hmm, most of the mascaras I use don't flake...but then again, my lashes are pretty short and stubby.

Be back shortly to post my week...

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-04-21, 07:10 PM  
cyana

Today:
YT - Yoga to Build Your Bones - BYOB - yogiBethC
YT - Let Be Meditation - yogiBethC
YT - 11 Minute Chakra Meditation with singing bowls - templesounds

I did Beth's bone building practice today. I liked the modifications and I also liked that top you were wearing, Beth. That quote was from Tias - he's quite eloquent.

Sandra - I'm SO impressed that you're brave enough to cut your own hair - especially when you go short. Hope you enjoyed your dinner out.

Pat - Loved the comment about your root chakra being stuck to the couch.

Paine - The flaking mascara is a big pet peeve for Angie (Hot and Flashy). I haven't had issues with that in quite some time, but have had it happen even with pricier products.

Oh no, I read that Jessica's Peanut died. I sure will miss little Peanut catching her beauty sleep, rattling around with her bone, etc. Peanut and Debbie were my favorite background exercisers.

Going to go pull out The Knocker and work on my hips and low back before bedtime.

Waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-21, 07:38 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Here we go:

MONDAY
Off (traveling)

TUESDAY
NourishMoveLove (YT) - 10m Morning Stretch
Lauren Brooks Swing Challenge, Day 4
30MTF Kickboxing - Kick Mix premix
Balanced Life Pilates with Robin Long (YT) - 30 Day Pilates Body Challenge, Day 28, Abs, & Day 29, Legs
TAUGHT yoga

WEDNESDAY
Lauren Brooks Swing Challenge, Day 5
Heather Robertson (YT) - Glow Up Challenge, Day 4, Upper Body Sculpt & Tone (1st half)
Kate Vantucci Yoga (YT) - Legs for Days

THURSDAY
Lauren Brooks Swing Challenge, Day 4
Coach Kel (YT) - 6m Arms Workout
Heather Robertson (YT) - Inner & Outer Thigh Workout
Precision Kettlebell (YT) - 15m AMRAP Finisher, Booty Bunner
Yoga Ranger (YT) - Myofascial Release for Neck & Shoulders

FRIDAY
Lauren Brooks Swing Challenge, Day 3
Train Like a Ballerina (YT) - Lean & Strong Arms
Lucy Wyndham Reed (YT) - Arm Workout without Weights
Balanced Life Pilates with Robin Long (YT) - 30 Day Pilates Body Challenge, Day 30, Pilates Finale
Power Yoga for Happiness 2 - Shoulder High

SATURDAY
Lauren Brooks Swing Challenge, Day 2
Heather Robertson (YT) - Glow Up Challenge, Day 4, Upper Body Sculpt & Tone (2nd half)
Kate Vantucci Yoga (YT) - Side Body Flow

SUNDAY
Lauren Brooks Swing Challenge, Day 1
Total Core Pilates - Legs only
Yin Yoga with Matt (YT) - Summer Solstice Yin

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-04-21, 08:26 PM  
JustSandra

Hi again!

Today's Workout: Total Body Training from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong set (which I count as an upper body workout).

I'm proud of myself for exercising today, as I had *another* one of Those Days. Some yahoos decided to blow up one of the toilets at the pools. Being the one in charge of pools on our homeowner board is a real treat on some days.

Cyana: Oh, I didn't cut my own hair! A nice young man at Great Clips did. I, too, was sorry to hear about Peanut.

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
twisting