Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-21, 12:13 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, glad you enjoyed the practice.

Pat, great news that your eye is better! I think that yoga can be a good support for weight loss in relaxing you and potentially lowering cortisone levels.

I got a good workout from this barre routine today:
https://youtu.be/90sXUfDDG2Q

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-21, 06:01 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: The Upper Body routine from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 set.

My right knee is still more or less the same as yesterday -- but hey, at least it isn't worse! It stiffens up with sitting/inactivity, but gets better with gentle walking around. Have been wearing a patellar strap, which provides more comfortable support than the knee sleeve. Yogapam, I've been trying to figure out what I might have done to it, but am coming up blank. Kind of like when I injured my baby toe a couple months back.

Pat58: That's great news that your eyesight is improving!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 08:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I needed a gentle, stretchy day - my upper body was so sore from Monday's KCM workout.

~ 20 minute lunch walk
~ Staycation Yoga Stretch Yin Yoga by our own Toaster (YogiBethC)
~ 5,800 steps

Beth, I really enjoyed the practice. The dragon fly with the chair as a prop was a wonderful stretch for my sore muscles plus side body, and I did all the variations you showed.

Good morning everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 09:43 AM  
cyana

Good Morning - quick post and run. Work has been nuts (no surprise there) and wow has the insomnia beast been relentless this week - having a bit of the road kill feeling about now.

Pat - I'm so sorry to hear about your BIL and also hopeful that your vision will continue to improve each day. Yesterday I took multiple mental health breaks during my work day to check in on the osprey nest. Around lunch time, mom delivered a big fish, so she and baby had quite a feast. I checked in around 3 PM and I just knew the little critter was getting ready to take off - there were two episodes of wing flapping and hovering with one high enough that I couldn't see the talons at the top of the screen for a second or two. Around dinner time the wee one was clutching the tail section of a fish with one foot and eating it without mom feeding it. The juvenile plumage is great camouflage - our wee one has developed self-preservation skills and will hunker down flat on the nest and from above it's really hard to tell there's something there. The baby was still at the nest this AM. You can tell I've enjoyed keeping tabs on the osprey family.

Beth - Looking forward to trying your new practice.

Sandra - Glad to see your knee is hanging in there.

Waves to ALL - must get back to this massive document!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 09:50 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Kathy Smith Functionally Fit Lower Body Firming Workout #1
Essentrics

Pat, I'm so happy that you've had improvement in your eye. That is good news.

Beth, that looks like a good barre workout! I bookmarked it.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 11:25 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Cyana we were watching at the same time! He was flapping from one side of the nest to the other, then suddenly did that brave vertical mini flight and all I could see were the tips of his toes. At one point Mom came back defensively, it appeared some kind of enemy was casting a shadow on the nest. I love seeing how the feathers are changing.

Hi Paine!
Old 07-28-21, 01:09 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat and cyana, cool that you were watching the osprey nest at the same time! I didn't think there was more activity; I believe I deleted the link.

cyana, sorry that work is still so...work. That's what I'm not looking forward to when I go back next week.

Pat, so glad you enjoyed the yoga practice! I've been playing around with some of my titles to make them more appealing.

Paine, of course I liked the barre practice b/c there was no all 4s work (although there was some short plank work).

I went to yoga class this morning with my friend Carol, which was very nice. This weekend will likely be busy because we have Mind-Body-Brew classes on both Saturday and Sunday.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 09:56 AM  
cyana

Another post and run - just checked Osprey Cam and the nest is empty!

A P.S. for Pat (and anyone else who likes to play in the dirt), Angie from Hot and Flashy just moved to CT. She did a tour of her landscaping at her MA house and I thought you might enjoy taking a look.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 10:14 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Well I spent 20 minutes looking through my collection and nothing appealed to me so today is an unplanned rest day.

Beth, you would have hated Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis! It had a lot of all 4s work in the program. I can't believe I did the whole rotation. It gives me dread just thinking about it.

Cyana, I saw that YouTube of Angie's landscaping at her MA house.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 10:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Happy Thursday! Yesterday featured:

~ 20 butt bridges
~ 20 minute lunch walk
~ Tracey Mallett Pilates Super Sculpt, Oblique & Buns Sculpt
~ 6,000 steps

Wow the Tracey routine really kicks you in the saddlebag area, it burned more than Margaret in less time. I subbed a 2 pound Danskin mini ball for squeezing behind the knee, because the Pilates ball always pops out.

Paine, isn't it funny that we can have a big collection and there are days when nothing motivates.

Cyana, I'll have to peep in at Angie's house! It looks like the young osprey has left the nest - I keep checking in to see if he or her will come back for a rest.

Beth, 4s work is a game changer for me - nope!

I hope Pam and her DH are doing well.

Good morning everyone!

Tags
twisting