Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-21, 08:29 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, I'm surprised that you still have your YBB DVDs - had you thought about getting rid of them at some point? I had a few of them for awhile and definitely found them to be fun, but I have noticed that even with dance workouts that I love, I tend to get bored with them after awhile.

Pam, Essentrics outdoors sounds wonderful, especially since you are on the water, right? Are you still teaching mainly your few regulars or have you expanded?

Today we're going to spend the afternoon/dinner with DH's sister and her husband at their lake house just south of here. I have time, so I'll get in a workout this morning - I am thinking barre/Blissology.

Happy Wednesday (Hump Day)!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 08:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Beth - I have the most interesting story. I don't know what came over me!! I gave the entire YBB kit and kaboodle to another VF'er. A couple of weeks later she mailed them all back to me saying "I know you'll be missing these."

I am so grateful to her! Can't remember name, but she hasn't posted in years.

I have to get busy learning how to back DVDs up. I'm so afraid they'll corrode, along with other old favorites.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 09:32 AM  
cyana

A quick good morning, as work is calling. I had to take a quick work computer break, as the updates that were installed last night left some unintended "gifts" on my machine that I had to fix.

Tuesday:
AM: 50 stability ball crunches, hip circles on the ball - 10 in each direction x 2 sets
PM - ETV - Miranda's "live" work-out from Monday 7.12.2021 for hips/glutes/knees
MFML - Evening Pause & Recharge - Rakhee Jasani
YT - Reset: Decompress Your Body and Mind (meditation) - Headspace

Linda - I'm glad you got good news from the surgeon yesterday. It's interesting you mentioned Grissom - I was just thinking about him a few days ago.

Must run, but before I forget it, I wanted to let everyone know that Lee's annual 5 day qi gong challenge begins on the 19th and is free. And you can do it again if you've signed up in the past. https://www.holdenqigong.com - the link is at the bottom of the page.

Chat more later.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 10:33 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Give Me Strength (Upper Body work plus Abs)

I like Give Me Strength Upper Body work because it is short and I only had time for that this morning.

Garrie, I had to google "Box Pistol" to see what it was. Egads, that looks hard! I don't think I'd be able to do it.
I love the "Slow Stretch" practice in Karen Voight's Full Body Stretch!

Beth, thank you for telling me about Lars and the Real Girl and Pleasantville. I'm going to see if our library has those on DVD. Yes, I do love books that have happy endings! I welcome your recommendations.
Enjoy your dinner at the lake!
Will you be writing a review of the Pilates book on Amazon?

Pat, that's a neat story about the VFer sending you back your YBB DVDs! I should learn how to back up my DVDs too.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 10:50 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Aww, Pat, that is a sweet story!!! I tried a Move with Marcia practice today and really liked it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5yA...MovewithMarcia

cyana, thanks for sharing Lee's challenge! Do you know how long the videos are? We'll be a away for a few days next week, but I'm thinking maybe I could do these in my hotel room.

Paine, I especially love Pleasantville; Lars and the Real Girl is one of DH's favorites. I'll have to think about other quirky/off-the-beaten path movies with happy endings that we liked. I got the Pilates book to review for Metapsychology, so I'll review it there, although I'll probably do an abbreviated review on Amazon too.

Oh, I also did this Barre3 today and really liked it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAjy...annel=UCHealth

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-14-21, 12:41 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I'll be doing my shoulder exercises throughout the day to take long rests. Long rests work for the man so it'll work for me. Maybe. If I do them straight through it takes about an hour. Mentally an hour for one body part is too much. I also want to do Tai Chi Flow with DDR. And use Cubii.

Beth - my surgeon turns his nose up at Pilates for back pain. Maybe because it's kept me off his operating table for almost 20 years. But he does recommend yoga. I think a lot of people thought Romana was the chosen one. It's what she wanted us to believe. I don't know if I read it or have her on video saying that Uncle Joe was telling her how to do things and she was taking notes, writing so fast so she wouldn't miss anything, and in the end she couldn't read half her scribbles. That was probably bs. One of the things that stuck in my head was that Joe did 10 reps of everything. Not 3 of this and 5 of that.

cyana - it was nice to get good news from the Dr for a change. I have a large photo of Grissom on the side of the fridge. The man asked if he was protective. The man would've needed permission to get near me just like Jerry did. And that's if Grissom let him in the house. Lol.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 05:49 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

This afternoon I walked to the park with my 6 year old grandson so he could play there. It is 75 degrees and pretty outside. I got a little over 5,000 steps today.

Beth, thank you for the link to the Barre3 workout--it looks good.
If you are able once it's published, please give a link to your Metapsychology review of the Pilates book.
I have both DVDs: Lars and the Real Girl and Pleasantville on waitlist from our library.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 06:15 PM  
cyana

In for a pre work-out chat while waiting for my dinner to digest. While it isn't my choice to work out in the evenings, I'm trying to stay consistent. I could've sworn I got an email yesterday indicating there was a new ETV class with Jenny but I'm not seeing it on the site. There is a new class that was posted today with a new to me instructor - Lauren Finkelstein.

We are in one of those unsettled weather patterns - sun, clouds, rain shower out of nowhere, sun, thunderstorm, sun - repeat cycle multiple times. It is humid as heck. I'm not complaining about getting some rain, but it sure does make trying to do anything outside a real challenge. Apparently the weeds are having continuous orgies and multiplying like rabbits!

Beth - Enjoy the lake - hope you're having nice weather. The classes in the 5 day challenge are 20 minutes. They're the short version of Lee's live classes and it is my understanding you get those to keep.

Linda - LOL about Grissom and him maybe letting The Man in the house! Do you have a Cubii or Cubii, Jr (hopefully I haven't already asked that)? I look at those things when they're on sale at Costco and wonder if I could type and pedal - I guess that's like walking and chewing gum! I've got to start standing at my desk more often. Miranda is right about being stuck in a chair for an excessive period of time - it's uncomfortable to stand up because you get so much shortening on the front of the body and your body instinctively wants to sit back down.

Pat - I definitely vote for karma points for rescuing the vole from his pecking adversaries. I don't believe I've ever seen one of those in person. I checked in on the Happy Osprey Nest and the little critter is almost as big as mom. I've managed to peek in on dinner the past two days. Osprey home decorating is amusing - a new stick arrived at the nest yesterday evening and the whole family got in on the action. I take it mom gets the final say in stick placement.

Paine - You definitely were listening to some classic Righteous Brothers songs. I'm still listening to My Old School at least daily, LOL! 75 degrees sounds absolutely delightful - I'm a bit jealous.

Sandra - Are the cooler mornings normal this time of year or is it just a shift in your weather pattern?

Garrie - I first saw pistol squats years back when some female soccer players were doing them with ease - I was in awe of their leg strength! Are all of Caroline's circuit work-outs an hour? I haven't seen those yet.....must check as I'd be interested in circuits if she promises not to kill me.

Pam - I'm jealous of your Essentrics classes on the deck. I sure do miss having a screened in back porch - I would definitely use it regularly for working out. Please feel free to come over and help me reorganize when you're finished at your house.

I think it's almost time to go change clothes and work out. Have a good evening, everyone.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 09:15 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

My body asked for a day off yesterday -- so it got one.

Today's Workout: Upper Focus from Jessica Smith's Boost Metabolism + Muscle.

I'm another one who enjoys reading about all the different workouts our group does!

Linda: Glad you got encouraging news on your shoulder. BTW the boys say hello to Miss MM.

Pat58: I like the story of how you got your YBBs back. We have lots of wild turkeys in our area. Over the last few weeks we've had a mama turkey with *nine* babies roaming our complex! The babies are getting bigger every day. I saw a neighbor cat make a little pounce towards one of the babies, and mama turkey set him straight right quick.

Cyana: Cool mornings are usual here in summer -- we get a delta breeze off San Francisco Bay (Sacramento is about 90 miles inland). It helps make toasty summers more bearable. Sometimes the delta breeze gets blocked for a bit and that's when we have our hot spells.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 09:35 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, listening to your body is always a good thing!

Linda, I think you probably know more about what's best for you medically than 10 doctors! I agree that some of the stuff Romana has said is probably BS. I am just getting to part of the book about the lawsuit - and even that was different than I had thought.

cyana, it was a nice day at the lake! Our weather has been unsettled too, with a lot of sudden, passing storms, but although there was rain this morning, it was a beautiful afternoon at the lake.

Paine, you know I am always hesitant to make recommendations; I hope you wind up liking those movies!

I'm thinking that my next YouTube video might be "Tame Tension with Twists" - if you have any fave twists you want me to include, let me know!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
twisting