Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-13-21, 10:01 AM  
buffmama

Summertime Fine 3.0 vs EPIC Heat

I'm trying to decide what to do next. I just finished EPIC II which was preceded by EPIC. Looking around for workouts for a 'play' week I happened upon Sydney and then happened upon her again when adjusting that week. I have not worked out with Sydney before. A couple of questions:

1. How does EPIC HEAT compare to EPIC II?
2. Does Sydney's emphasis change in her different programs or is it another Sydney program with a different name?

Any other insight is welcome. TIA.
Old 06-13-21, 09:42 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Prefer EPIC Heat. Get the job done in 40 mins. I did the first week, stopped, then jump back in weeks 5-10. Wish I didn't stop. I might go back and do week 2-4 lol.

I have never done Sydney. I might try her one of these days.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-21, 01:26 AM  
bex

Buffmama, I dipped into a few of Sydney's workouts (from the 'Burn' calendar) and liked them, and wondered the same thing - do they have a different emphasis.

So I just googled and found this reddit thread.

Several posters agreed that 'Accelerate' is the hardest, 'Burn' and 'Ignite' are probably the easiest, and one poster said that 'Fit and Strong' and 'Transcend' are simpler moves so better if you want to lift heavy.

Also in this thread, the poster says that the summer time fine 3 months programs shift emphasis by month.
"The first tier/month focuses on stability, unilateral work, and muscle endurance. The second tier/month is strength focused and heavy weights. The third tier/month is focused on power, speed/agility."
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-21, 06:01 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
Buffmama, I dipped into a few of Sydney's workouts (from the 'Burn' calendar) and liked them, and wondered the same thing - do they have a different emphasis.

Several posters agreed that 'Accelerate' is the hardest, 'Burn' and 'Ignite' are probably the easiest, and one poster said that 'Fit and Strong' and 'Transcend' are simpler moves so better if you want to lift heavy.

Also in this thread, the poster says that the summer time fine 3 months programs shift emphasis by month.
"The first tier/month focuses on stability, unilateral work, and muscle endurance. The second tier/month is strength focused and heavy weights. The third tier/month is focused on power, speed/agility."
Thank you bex! Super useful.
Old 06-14-21, 06:13 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post

Yes, thank you! I like Sydney's workouts but always get them mixed up. This is very useful.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 02:52 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

I've just started Summertime Fine 3.0 and I was wondering if anyone has come across an actual calendar? I can find the Summertime Fine 3.0 Tier 3 on her website for purchase but not the Tier 1 and 2. I've been doing them each day according to the video name (i.e. Day 1, Day 2, Day 3) but I'm thinking that isn't the correct way. I'm lifting weights every day going that route and I don't see any rest days built in except a stretch??
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 03:25 PM  
buffmama

That's the correct way. I combine the stretch with another day. She sells the calendars before the workouts are posted. Some of the days are more cardio based or yoga/pilates based. I'm currently repainting n week 3 and posting in the YouTube stars check in if you want to join us.
Old 06-30-21, 03:35 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Oh boy....I guess I'm going to have to put in some extra rest days
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caroline girvan, epic heat, summertime fine, sydney cummings