Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-21, 07:57 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Yeah, I freak out when I can't log in here.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-21, 09:08 AM  
Ricka

Thank you for letting me know about fb group and also another place, tapatalk, I think I tried joining tapatalk if I remember right.... That one for some reason confused me. I will try again.

I also do not want this place to become inaccessible. It is too special.
Maybe we should have a back up plan in case, in the future, there is something wrong with this place. Perhaps we can have one place (i.e. fb group, tapatalk, or wherever) that we know we can go to find each other, or maybe we can have an email list.
If this place is for some reason inaccessible, perhaps we can create a new discussion board style place where we can talk. Email list can be used to let everyone know when the new place is accessible.

What do you all think about having some sort of backup plan?
Ricka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-21, 04:22 PM  
Negin

I'd like to know how to join either group - the FB one and the tapatalk.
Old 05-20-21, 07:29 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricka View Post
I think it would be good.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-21, 08:04 PM  
sbh

You can join Tapatalk VF Roost here:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vfroost/index.php
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-21, 01:28 AM  
hypnomoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricka View Post
Thank you for letting me know about fb group and also another place, tapatalk, I think I tried joining tapatalk if I remember right.... That one for some reason confused me. I will try again.

I also do not want this place to become inaccessible. It is too special.
Maybe we should have a back up plan in case, in the future, there is something wrong with this place. Perhaps we can have one place (i.e. fb group, tapatalk, or wherever) that we know we can go to find each other, or maybe we can have an email list.
If this place is for some reason inaccessible, perhaps we can create a new discussion board style place where we can talk. Email list can be used to let everyone know when the new place is accessible.

Totally with ya, Ricka. I just have a feeling...
I'm signing up for the Tapatalk and, since I already have a presence on FB, I'm joining there too. After almost 20 years here, I don't want to let go.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-21, 03:25 AM  
Helen

I admit to having a mild panic on the possibility that VF was over.
Contacted another VFer via FB about the 503.
Thought about a contingency plan myself- rarely use FB these days, and here has a small local business kind of feel, whereas FB is quite the opposite - I'm torn about that factor.

I went to the tapatalk to sign up - my email had already been associated with the VF Roost group (so long ago I'd forgotten tapatalk completely) but my membership to the group is still pending approval.
Is anyone here associated with management of VF Roots on Tapatalk that can approve me? Want that contingency plan in place BEFORE it's needed.

I've been part of the FB VF Roost, but dropped out as it was too much temptation to buy workouts as that was part of the original purpose of the FB version.

Username "Helen" was already taken, so used my other 'usual' one - which is the one I use when I want to be a bit more anonymous.
ETA - Helen was only unavailable in Tapatalk in general, was able to change it to 'Helen' in VF Roost.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-21, 04:04 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh View Post
You can join Tapatalk VF Roost here:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vfroost/index.php
Thank you for the link. I'm trying to join, but the system isn't responding at all. It may be a Chrome issue. I'll ask my husband later.

Can you or anyone here please either message me or send me the details on the FB Group also?

Thank you! I don't know what I would do without this group.
Old 05-21-21, 08:10 AM  
Vantreesta

The devastation of losing your community is no joke. I had been on the Collage forum since the early early time when the background was all yellow. When we lost it in 2014, I felt lost and actually cried! Some of the members have joined here and at Total Fitness but others I have never heard from again (or they use a different username now that I don't know).
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-21, 10:02 AM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

The last time this error happened for a noticeable period of time the Facebook group was suggested as an alternative. Quite a few VFers, including me, are not on Facebook and don't want to be, so the Tapatalk group was started as an emergency alternative site. I just joined and was approved almost immediately, so someone is on it this morning.

I also got the Name Taken response from Tapatalk when I tried to use KarenJo. I signed up with Tapatalk by adding part of my last name but then could request KarenJo for my VFRoost name.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
500 error, 503 error, forum maintenance, tapatalk, vf disappearance panic, vf roost, vf site issues