Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-21, 01:31 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Congrats, enjoy!

I remember the pink weights from the old Firm TransFIRMation set had weights you could screw the ends off into different weights. I kept mine at 4 lbs and 7 lbs and still use them today with other workouts. I think you could also put them all together and make an 11 lb weight. Not sure if they're still around for purchase anywhere though.
I was looking at something similar to this on Amazon. The ends screwed off and there were weights that went inside. I passed on it because the reviews said they rattled, when not full.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 01:38 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I was looking at something similar to this on Amazon. The ends screwed off and there were weights that went inside. I passed on it because the reviews said they rattled, when not full.
Oh, interesting. If you stumble across those, let me know. I'm still hunting for 11s!
Old 03-13-21, 02:12 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
I use my 4 lbs. all the time, so congrats! I have increments of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10, and I use every single increment. I have tried to find 11 lbs. (12s are easy to find) to no avail.
I did a search and found these. They're a bit steep in price, though. Neoprene Dumbbells 11lb (Set of 2)

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 02:38 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I use my 4 pound dumbbells all the time and I'm glad I have them! I have a set of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12 lb dumbbells.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 02:47 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
I did a search and found these. They're a bit steep in price, though. Neoprene Dumbbells 11lb (Set of 2)
Yeah, I found that set on Amazon for the same price. I think perhaps I'll have to wait until the pandemic is more behind us, because home fitness equipment prices have basically skyrocketed. I thought about using 1-lb. wrist weights while using my 10s until I can find 11s at a slightly better price.
Old 03-13-21, 02:49 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
I use my 4 pound dumbbells all the time and I'm glad I have them! I have a set of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12 lb dumbbells.
I'm pretty sure 6 & 7 will be my next acquisition... 6.5 would be perfection.

I remember it being easier to use less weights (to make bigger weight jumps...without hurting myself) when I was younger, lol. Now I'm like 3 lbs is easy....I'm moving up to...4!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 03:44 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I'm pretty sure 6 & 7 will be my next acquisition... 6.5 would be perfection.

I remember it being easier to use less weights (to make bigger weight jumps...without hurting myself) when I was younger, lol. Now I'm like 3 lbs is easy....I'm moving up to...4!
6.5 or 6.75 would indeed be perfection in my world.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 03:57 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I love my 4s!

I have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 15, 17.5 and 20. I'd love to have 11s.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 03:57 PM  
rykram

I bought 4s at Dick’s awhile back and absolutely love them. I loved the color (teal) as well. I have to have multiple sizes
rykram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 04:42 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
I thought about using 1-lb. wrist weights while using my 10s until I can find 11s at a slightly better price.
This is what I do when I need to add a small increment to my weights. I don't have much space to store my dumbbells, so I do this quite often by adding 1.5 pound wrist weights and/or 1 pound kickboxing gloves. If I had unlimited amounts of space I would probably have more increments of dumbbells. Currently I have 2, 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 20, and 25 pound dumbbells.

Tags
dumbbell, dumbbells