Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-21, 07:26 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post

As per your MRI, my mind would definitely do what yours did but you can only take one step at a time. Finding out what is wrong is the first step towards making it better. Stop there for now. When you get to the next thing you'll figure it out. You got this.
Thank you. It's just so discouraging! I've had a lot of setbacks over the years due to medical issues and now this is just one more. And it's taking so long...

Kaleigh spin and Sydney Lower Body from Transcend this morning.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-21, 07:26 AM  
buffmama

Sydney Cummings Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 41 30 min FB Sweat - 34 min
MrandMrsMuscle 4 min Fat Loss no. 11 - 4 min

Sydney did BW moves today with a jump rope and sliders. Fun moves I haven't done in a while and ham sliders on your back which I should do more.
Old 07-23-21, 07:28 AM  
Erica H.

Kaleigh spin and Sydney back/biceps - week 3 of Transcend.

Erica
Old 07-24-21, 07:35 AM  
buffmama

Sydney Cummings Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 40 and 42 - Chest and Triceps Bootcamp and Neck & Shoulder Stretch. I minded working my tris a lot less than my bis.
Old 07-24-21, 07:40 AM  
Erica H.

[QUOTE=buffmama;2934370I minded working my tris a lot less than my bis.[/QUOTE]

Same!

Kaleigh spin and a Sydney leg bootcamp from Summertime Fine 3.0 mentioned here recently.

Got my MRI results yesterday and seeing the doctor on Monday. Looks like a very very long recovery. I'm really down about it. We were supposed to visit my sons this fall and it looks like that isn't going to happen. I told DH to go without me, but he said he doesn't want to. And I don't know if I'll ever run again.

Erica
Old 07-25-21, 08:53 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Same!
Got my MRI results yesterday and seeing the doctor on Monday. Looks like a very very long recovery. I'm really down about it. We were supposed to visit my sons this fall and it looks like that isn't going to happen. I told DH to go without me, but he said he doesn't want to. And I don't know if I'll ever run again.
Erica
When I started working out I told myself there was always something I could do. So during times of injury, surgeries or whatever I would pivot. Try to think of this as an opportunity to find something that is kinder to your body for where it is at that also makes you feel good. You might just find something else that you love. We're VFers for goodness sake, we can do this. Take it one step at a time, none of us know what the future holds.
Old 07-25-21, 08:56 AM  
buffmama

Sydney Cummings Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 43 FB Strength and MrandMrsMuscle 4 min Fat Loss no. 14. Strength work today alternated upper and lower body with a focus on large muscles. Yeah!
Old 07-25-21, 09:21 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
When I started working out I told myself there was always something I could do. So during times of injury, surgeries or whatever I would pivot. Try to think of this as an opportunity to find something that is kinder to your body for where it is at that also makes you feel good. You might just find something else that you love. We're VFers for goodness sake, we can do this. Take it one step at a time, none of us know what the future holds.
Thank you. I've exercised for a long time and have had many injuries, surgeries, etc. It's just hard. 2018-2019 were especially bad - I had two major surgeries and two minor surgeries. In 1997 I fractured my ankle and it took two surgeries and a year to heal. I got very depressed at that time and gained a ton of weight. I gained weight in 2018 after my first big surgery but was more careful after my second. Ugh - I just don't know how to adjust my eating when I'm not working out. I'm always hungry!

But you're right and I have to keep it all in perspective. This is temporary and I'm so fortunate to be able to keep coming back over and over again. Many don't have that option.

Spin with Kaleigh and Sydney's transcend push workout from week 2 I think.

Erica
Old 07-25-21, 10:03 PM  
bex

Hey everyone, I'm back from my 4 day entrepreneurs retreat. It was rainy the whole time, so we didn't do as much active stuff as we'd planned, and I ate and drank a lot!

I did get in one workout on Friday, Heather Robertson's Glow Up Challenge Day 2 Cardio & Abs. I loved this one, very challenging but somehow no dread. I could feel it in my core the next day.

Erica, I was the one who found the stuff on Sydney's workouts. If you like heavy weight splits, why not just do month 2 of all 3 Summertime Fines?

I can totally understand your frustration over the prospect of long-term recovery. But long term still isn't forever. You've come back before and you can again. And as buffmama said, there's always a new type of workout that you can do, and it might be a whole new world.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-21, 01:53 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex;2934563

[B
Erica[/B], I was the one who found the stuff on Sydney's workouts. If you like heavy weight splits, why not just do month 2 of all 3 Summertime Fines?

I can totally understand your frustration over the prospect of long-term recovery. But long term still isn't forever. You've come back before and you can again. And as buffmama said, there's always a new type of workout that you can do, and it might be a whole new world.
Yes, that's the plan with Summertime Fine! And I want to go through Epic Heat again. And the other Epics. And some of the weekly rotations Caroline recently posted. And some other instructors I want to use...SO many options!

I'll know more about my foot/treatment/recovery after my appt. today (I hope). I don't think I've ever taken this much time off from running/walking - even after the major surgeries (I started walking right away) and my broken foot. My ankle took a year to heal, but I wasn't exercising then. I just don't want to lose the fitness level I've achieved (again), my hard-earned muscle, and gain a bunch of weight (again). It's getting harder and harder to lose the weight as I age. I still haven't lost my Christmas weight like I have done every year and have given up on that happening.

Erica

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle