Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-19-21, 07:37 AM  
Erica H.

Kaleigh spin and a chest/back/shoulders workout from Heather.

Caroline's new beast workouts look great. I'm starting with the lower body workout tomorrow (she posted it this morning). Can't wait!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 10:55 AM  
bex

Erica - I agree, it's very hard to resist a series called 'Beastmode'. Especially if it's Caroline.

I didn't go for it because I'm going away for a long weekend and I probably won't have access to a gym, so I don't want to start and then have to pause.

Today was Precision Kettlebells' Follow Along Kettlebell Strength Workout 17.1. Nice steady heavy KB moves, nothing fancy but a thorough workout. For the first time I really wished I had something heavier than a 12kg KB. Would have been nice to have a 16 kg for the lower body squats and deadlifts.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 03:58 PM  
IceQueen07

I started Caroline's Beastmode this morning. I just couldn't resist. I was going to switch to another instructor, but something made me go for it. Figured it is only 2 weeks. Really enjoyed this one, except for the wall sits. Those are brutal. Time went by real fast for this one.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 07:49 AM  
buffmama

Today was a Caroline hodgepodge that ended up being a total body workout. Sydney hasn't has isolated shoulder work and oddly enough I've missed push ups. The manmaker hiit made it obviously on the Renegade rows how much I was losing my form at times as EPIC progressed . I didn't increase my weights throughout EPIC so I guess my only option would be to lower them even more than I did as things progress. Seems like it might make more sense just to stop at that point or do shorter workouts. Always trying to figure out how much I can increase intensity without losing form and I'm never sure. Finding that 'just right' spot is tough. Beast sounds great, can't wait to hear more about it through the series.
5 min Plank Challenge
15 min Shoulder Workout with DB
5 min Push Ups
8 min Glutes
DB Cardio HIIT 27 min - manmakers
Old 07-20-21, 07:54 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I started Caroline's Beastmode this morning. I just couldn't resist. I was going to switch to another instructor, but something made me go for it. Figured it is only 2 weeks. Really enjoyed this one, except for the wall sits. Those are brutal. Time went by real fast for this one.
I did the same workout and agree the wall sits were brutal. I didn't think they would hurt as much as they did! Great workout. I liked it much better than the no repeat workouts from last week.

Also did Kaleigh spin.

buffmama - that was quite a hodgepodge!

Erica
Old 07-21-21, 07:26 AM  
buffmama

Summertime Fine 3.0 day 38 Back & Biceps. Really don't like how much bi work there is relative to back. Would much prefer more back work. Added on DB pullovers. May substitute some of Caroline workouts for these. Erica How does Transcend compare to Summertime Fine? Also did Mr and Mrs Muscle 4 min Fat Loss no. 12 and Back and Core Stretch - mostly did my own stretch.
Old 07-21-21, 07:42 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Summertime Fine 3.0 day 38 Back & Biceps. Really don't like how much bi work there is relative to back. Would much prefer more back work. Added on DB pullovers. May substitute some of Caroline workouts for these. Erica How does Transcend compare to Summertime Fine?
I've been disappointed with the third month of Summertime Fine 3.0 because it's not the way I like to exercise at all so I haven't been trying any of the workouts. I know I liked some of the earlier lower body ones, though. Transcend is much more focused on strength - lots of splits that are strength only and not mixed in with abs or cardio. I like that series. That would really bug me to have more bicep work than back - stuff like that makes me cranky.

Kaleigh spin this morning and Caroline's beastmode arms and shoulders. My arms are nice and toasty now.

MRI tomorrow afternoon for my injured foot (9 weeks now). I'm really nervous about the results. Just seems like there is no good outcome.

Erica
Old 07-21-21, 07:06 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Transcend is much more focused on strength - lots of splits that are strength only and not mixed in with abs or cardio. I like that series. That would really bug me to have more bicep work than back - stuff like that makes me cranky.

MRI tomorrow afternoon for my injured foot (9 weeks now). I'm really nervous about the results. Just seems like there is no good outcome.

Erica
Sending good thoughts your way. Hope things go smoothly and you're pleasantly surprised.

It's annoying that from looking at Transcend I can't tell the difference between the two 'systems'. All the playlists look the same.
Old 07-21-21, 07:20 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Sending good thoughts your way. Hope things go smoothly and you're pleasantly surprised.

It's annoying that from looking at Transcend I can't tell the difference between the two 'systems'. All the playlists look the same.
Someone posted this recently and I copied it:

Several posters agreed that 'Accelerate' is the hardest, 'Burn' and 'Ignite' are probably the easiest, and one poster said that 'Fit and Strong' and 'Transcend' are simpler moves so better if you want to lift heavy.

Also in this thread, the poster says that the summer time fine 3 months programs shift emphasis by month.
"The first tier/month focuses on stability, unilateral work, and muscle endurance. The second tier/month is strength focused and heavy weights. The third tier/month is focused on power, speed/agility."

Is this the information you are looking for?

Thanks for the good wishes for my MRI results! The problem is that if nothing is found, what does that mean for recovery? It's been 9 weeks and I still have pain and swelling. If they do find something, it's likely I'll need surgery. The extent of the surgery depends on the extent of the injury. It's possible that I'll never run again. At the very least, I may need to take a lot of time off of all exercise if I need surgery and I need to work out for my mental health. And weight maintenance. My eating falls apart if I'm not exercising.

Erica
Old 07-22-21, 07:13 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Someone posted this recently and I copied it:

Several posters agreed that 'Accelerate' is the hardest, 'Burn' and 'Ignite' are probably the easiest, and one poster said that 'Fit and Strong' and 'Transcend' are simpler moves so better if you want to lift heavy.

Also in this thread, the poster says that the summer time fine 3 months programs shift emphasis by month.
"The first tier/month focuses on stability, unilateral work, and muscle endurance. The second tier/month is strength focused and heavy weights. The third tier/month is focused on power, speed/agility."

Is this the information you are looking for?

Thanks for the good wishes for my MRI results! The problem is that if nothing is found, what does that mean for recovery? It's been 9 weeks and I still have pain and swelling. If they do find something, it's likely I'll need surgery. The extent of the surgery depends on the extent of the injury. It's possible that I'll never run again. At the very least, I may need to take a lot of time off of all exercise if I need surgery and I need to work out for my mental health. And weight maintenance. My eating falls apart if I'm not exercising.

Erica
Even though I think I had read what you quoted, reading it again did help. For now I'll sub a Caroline for upper body work. In a few weeks the phase will change. Being on Caroline's site reminded me of all her weekly programs I haven't done. Great way for me to get more of her workouts in.

Today was Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 39 50 min Legs Bootcamp. Great. And MrandMrsMuscle Fat Loss no. 13.

As per your MRI, my mind would definitely do what yours did but you can only take one step at a time. Finding out what is wrong is the first step towards making it better. Stop there for now. When you get to the next thing you'll figure it out. You got this.

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle