Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-23-21, 08:40 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Is boxing a consideration?
Yes! I actually use my heavy bag every other day. Yesterday, I did a Nate Bower heavy bag boxing workout. Sometimes I'll use KCM's Raw boxing - I like that one. But I use that more for toning than cardio.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 02:46 PM  
IceQueen07

I love boxing workouts. I have a bag, but also like to just shadow box with egg weights.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 02:55 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I love boxing workouts. I have a bag, but also like to just shadow box with egg weights.
I do too! I don't have egg weights but use small dumbbells or hold small ankle weights.

Erica
Old 06-23-21, 09:30 PM  
bex

Quote:
For EPIC II I modified EMOM more right from the beginning. So I did her lower numbers and then modified it again. Now I just tell myself that I'm working on my weakest link for that particular exercise and keep it moving without killing myself. Because there is always another workout tomorrow.
Absolutely. Knowing it's a tough one going in means I'll check my ego and do what i can. Sometimes I feel like the way I do it isn't really an EMOM because I adjust the numbers to give myself at least 10 seconds rest. So that turns it into just a fast-paced timed session. But as you say, I keep moving and I'm doing it. So, whatever works.

Last night I was tired so I just did Yoga 30for30 Gentle Yoga and went to bed.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 09:33 PM  
bex

Quote:
I was soooo ready to be done with these way before I actually was. Two rest days a week helped but not enough for me to head into Heat.
I've discovered that I can do 5 workouts/week but not 5 Caroline workouts/week. So I do 3-4 from EPIC and then add in others. I might just keep rolling on I 'finish' EPIC.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 07:48 AM  
buffmama

Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 10 Legs and Glutes. I used one 20lb DB but dropped to 15lbs for the Bulgarian split squats (probably shouldn't). Also used my band and gliders. The ham slides at the end I had to do one legged. Major bun burner! I was dreading it. Maybe I have PTSD from EPIC... This weeks legs workout is done. I hiked last weekend and have more hiking planned for this weekend so I'm sure that contributed. Erica motivate me - what kind of weight are you using on these workouts?
Old 06-24-21, 09:10 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 10 Legs and Glutes. I used one 20lb DB but dropped to 15lbs for the Bulgarian split squats (probably shouldn't). Also used my band and gliders. The ham slides at the end I had to do one legged. Major bun burner! I was dreading it. Maybe I have PTSD from EPIC... This weeks legs workout is done. I hiked last weekend and have more hiking planned for this weekend so I'm sure that contributed. Erica motivate me - what kind of weight are you using on these workouts?
I did Sydney's lower body circuit that she posted this morning and liked it a lot. I don't know if I'm just really tired (I have chronic insomnia) or if it's mean to be metabolic, but it felt like my HR was up more than usual.

I always go lower on Bulgarian split squats or my form is off too much. Those are so tough for me!

I use all different weights depending on the body part and exercise. I'm so careful with my shoulders and probably don't go heavy enough on those.

Hiking is great exercise and so good for you mentally and physically!

Erica
Old 06-25-21, 07:04 AM  
buffmama

Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 12 Arm Burner. Lots of bi + tri work. I was surprised there wasn't more shoulder work. Increasing time under tension and telling people to go up in weight seemed like a bad idea. (And yet I'm continuing.) Definitely feel the back of my legs/booty from yesterday.
Old 06-25-21, 07:45 AM  
Erica H.

I did Sydney's back/bicep workout that she posted on Wednesday and liked it. Also did spinning with Kaleigh Cohen - she kicks my butt!

Erica
Old 06-26-21, 07:06 AM  
buffmama

Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 11 EMOM and Day 14 Stretch. Two weeks in and no push ups or Renegade rows (but she does rows from all 4s). Do these come later Erica? I substituted some in but definitely see where a week of Caroline here and there would keep me honest about strength gains/losses.

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle