Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-21, 09:25 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Dear Santa. How Much Do You Already Know? 12/12

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 09:26 AM  
sciencelady

Thanks, Laura, for giving me another set of titles! I can cut/paste lots better than coming up with a title! Unfortunately I didn't catch the future dates on the title list so did the 12/19 one by accident...

Oy, I was tired from yesterday's shoveling and snowblowing! We got about a foot of snow! I did the drive and the back porch steps in the morning, then the plow remains at the base of the driveway last night - no help from Adelija, but I did have some neighbors come over to finish the driveway base. I showered, did laundry, and walked Gus in my neighborhood - he liked it! The day was nice and sunny and the sky was bluer than I remember it - a deep sapphire blue .

Today, I'm planning on walking Gus at a park and stopping for groceries. There's a computerized presentation on Season 2 of All Creatures Great and Small from PBS that I want to watch this afternoon. Otherwise just putzing around - I did some sweeping indoors yesterday.

Paula, I like banana bread - I'm sure yours is tasty! Thanks for the ecard source - I'll need to e-send some also!

Laura, So is DH starting to take an antihistamine to get Polly inside comfortably for him? Yeah, sleeping in bed will be coming up shortly . They get snow in Latvia but they were apartment dwellers, so no shoveling or yard care for them. She just thinks snow removal happens quickly and efficiently and transportation goes to normal quickly. She did go down to the train and get to her party yesterday. She couldn't understand that my street wouldn't get plowed till Saturday night (frankly, I was expecting Sunday).

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-12-21, 01:46 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It's a bright and sunny and colder day here. I was up in the night and woke up early, so I took a nap this morning. I haven't gotten much done. I'm still trying to get to the Christmas cards. And we need to clean up some this afternoon in advance of someone coming to clean areas of the house tomorrow - the bathrooms and kitchen, mainly.

Polly is getting used to going into the bathroom by the front door and nesting in there for a while to escape cold or rain. DH wears his mask when he goes in and he's already on the drugs. And I deal with her some so he doesn't have as much contact with her inside. She is definitely an outside cat because she enjoys her time in there, but then she wants to go back outside.

Anita - You could have used that theme and just changed the date. Don't know why I made it for next week. Anyway, thanks for getting us started. I appreciate it. It's good your street was plowed. I guess it's different for Adelija to live in a house vs. an apartment.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 02:56 PM  
sciencelady

I tried changing the date, but could only edit the message portion, not the title I might resurrect it next week by pasting back the intro paragraph.
Old 12-12-21, 09:38 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B. Body Shaping Day 6 Walking with Weights.

Grocery day for us. It was a big shop because we have friends coming over tomorrow for a holiday lunch buffet.

I did some gardening as well. All in all I got a lot done and now I'm tired.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. Got a laugh when you said Adelija was used to someone else doing snow removal and street clean up. I remember well the chore of snow removal when I lived in NY - eons ago. But when I was in NH a couple years ago in January to help my niece when she had a baby. They lived in a condo and I was surprised and pleased that when it snowed, a plow came through and cleared the driveways out to the road and guys came by and shoveled off my entry stoop. All in all I was impressed that I didn't have to do anything other than throw out some rock salt on the back stoop. I thought if you're going to live in snow country, this is definately the way to go. As for banana bread, I have tweated the recipe I use over the years - for the sugar, I use half brown sugar and half white sugar and I use defrosted frozen blueberries instead of nuts, so it's more of a fruit bread and the brown sugar adds mositure and a richer flavor. DH likes it.

Laura, I got a laugh out of you saying you had to clean in preparation for someone coming to clean tomorrow. Yeah, that's why I quit using a cleaning service - using them wasn't as helpful as I thought it was going to be. Glad Polly and your DH are finding commonground on sharing space in your home.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-21, 08:54 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus this morning and stopping by some stores today. Tonight there will likely be some baking happening here by Adelija. One of my college friends lives in Bowling Green, KY - I did contact him and he's OK - tornado passed about 2-3 miles from him, but that city is a disaster all over.

Laura, So you're cleaning up before a clean-up person? I can see putting away some personal items but not fully cleaning something before they come.

Paula, Having no outside work is something I'm looking forward to in looking for an apartment or condo in the future. Some of these places have a food service every day also, so that can be a nice walk down to a meal and socializing with someone two doors down the hall is nicer than two blocks away from my current house . I do remember my neighbor across the street when I moved here - she was 83 and maybe 4.5 feet tall - still a shoveling frenzy whenever a storm came through! I helped with my snowblower whenever I could beat her getting up in the morning - not too often! I miss her - she developed a dementia that had her placed in a home and died shortly afterwards.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-13-21, 08:57 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Well, we didn't CLEAN, but cleared spaces to the cleaner could do the cleaning - like clearing off the bathroom and kitchen counters. With me, if I can't see it, it doesn't exist, so I tend to live with a lot of clutter on surfaces. Anyway, the guy came and did a good job on the bathrooms and the kitchen.

I finally got to the Christmas cards. The hardest part for me is getting started, and it felt good to get the process going. Other than that, we did laundry and cooked something for DH and I took DH to a dental appointment.

Anita - Yeah, they bury the capability to change the title under the Advanced options. I'm glad your friend is okay. What a terrible thing to happen to such a wide area.

Paula - It sounds like you had a productive day. You earned your tired.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 12-13-21, 09:47 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout today (if you want to call it that) was Karen Voight Yoga Stretch.

We had friends over this afternoon. It was nice to catch up on what's going on with everyone. Of course we had a ton of food. All in all a good day.

Anita, got a laugh from the visual of your 83 year old neighbor frantically shoveling her own stoop. So sorry about your friend in Bowling Green, KY - I am glad he's OK and so sorry this happened in his town. The tornados are on the news non stop - the damage is mind boggling. Did Adelija get some baking done?

Laura, hope the cleaning people work out for you. Getting the Christmas cards done is a good feelilng.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-21, 08:44 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus, putzing around the house, and going to a Glow presentation at the state fair grounds with Adelija - it's a big show of Christmas lights. It should be warm today, but still some snow, so she should be happy. Adelija did make chocolate chip and banana coconut cookies last night .

Laura, I totally understand the need to clear a space before it gets cleaned . I still hand write a message to the person receiving the card - bad handwriting and all. A lot of people are doing the form letters now. I'll resurrect the 12/19 thread title under its blank state next week.

Paula, I suggested my friend come live in another house he owns up in the thumb part of WI - not many people there in winter, but at least he could get food and gas in that part of the world. I don't think there will be much regular supplies there in Bowling Green other than governmental and charity trucks.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-14-21, 07:46 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a busy day. But I always say that. I continued to work on Christmas cards - I'm up to the J's. But, as I told DH, I'm not approaching the halfway point yet. Our last name starts with "S" and DH has a HUGE family, so there are lot of "S" names. Plus, we washed two loads of laundry with bedcovers and sheets in them and they took forever to get done. It felt like they dried most of the day. And I did a pick-up at Walmart.

This evening, we went to a holiday lights display called Night of Lights. It was really good. It wound around a big park in the city with so many displays. We took my parents and we all enjoyed it. Then, we drove around their neighborhood after we got back to our area to see the lights in their area.

Tomorrow or Thursday morning, we're going to have to make a decision about whether DH is going to be able to go back to Huntington for Christmas. We would want to leave on Monday or Tuesday, at the latest, and we'd need to prepare for it. He's on the fence about it, so I'm not sure what we'll be doing.

Anita - Yeah, that theme won't go to waste. It sounds like Christmas lights were a theme today.

Paula - It's good you are able to get together with friends once in a while.

Laura's Workout Mantras: