Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-21, 10:58 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies!

Welcome Home, Donna!

Saturday was busy, so I only did Bedtime Yoga with Kassandra. I this practice and I hadn't tried any of Kassandra's yoga before from YouTube. She was wonderful and the stretches were held for a good length of time.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-21, 11:18 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Sunday, I did Kent Katich Yoga for Flexibility with Kevin Love (Progressive Warm-up) and (Deep Stretch and Restore.) This is a Gaiam release called Athletic Yoga with basketball star Kevin Love who does all of the poses with Kent instructing, who coaches from the sidelines. It was okay...the two 20 minute practices that I did. I liked Kevin, but the instructor (Kent) is dry and kinda stiff. I don't know how much I would reach for this one, but time will tell. There are two more 20 minute practices I still need to try out.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

April Focus:
Old 07-26-21, 09:07 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I have just been feeling blah - no energy, no motivation, tired....sleeping poorly you name it. It is so hard to know what is going on w/ me - is it physical, psychological, perimeno/meno related, stress related, etc.....but I just have no get up and go...even after a week off.

To top it off our power went out last night so that disturbed my sleep more than usual! I'm also still dealing w/ trapezius and neck pain - so that makes sleeping even harder.

I'm sorry to whine so much. I just want to feel like myself again.

I also don't have a Dr's appointment until December and I feel my symptoms are all so vague I couldn't really even explain it to anyone.

Anyway - decided to just do a stretch this morning - so I did a 25 min stretch from CocoLime Fitness. It did feel good - if I find any get up and go I may try to walk or something later.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-21, 11:22 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

My nephew left for CA for his job on Saturday so the past few days I was busy saying good-bye and spending time with him. So I hadn't done any Lift & Shift, but I was going for walks, bike rides and doing yardwork. Yesterday I finally got back into it and did Fine Toning and used 3 lb weights this time (I used 2 last time). Today I did Day 17 (Total Body Strength). It's too hot to go outside so I'm staying in. I have too much work to do anyway.

Donna, Welcome back! Glad your vacation went well. I have stretches where I have no motivation and I think that's normal. I've been in meno for a few years and I have more energy now than I did when I was in peri.

Sherry, Total Body Definition is one of my favorites too. I sometimes skip the second or third sets too. It really depends on how much time I have.

Pam, Are you doing a yoga rotation or do you pick random yoga workouts to do each day?

Have a good day!
Old 07-26-21, 11:32 AM  
donnamp

Thanks wishiwasinhawaii! I think it is all stress related - starting in 2019 - right around this time -it has been up and down w/ different types of stress/worry.
I think it finally caught up to me.

Until I feel more perky I'm going to stick w/ lighter workouts and also try to take better care in general.....manage my stress mainly, LOL!

What an adventure for your nephew! it is great that he got a job right out of college though!

Donna
Old 07-26-21, 01:35 PM  
Leonana

Nothing Saturday and Sunday and also today. My daughter had her wisdom teeth out this morning, and the teeth were still under the gum, so more surgery than just pulling a tooth. I have to change her gauze and ice pack every half hour today. But she’s doing well, just sleeping off the anesthesia.

Donna, welcome back! Good luck on the horse decision. It sounds like your body is telling you to take it easy for awhile.

wishiwasinhawaii, it sounds like you had some nice times with your nephew before he left. I hope to do Upper Body tomorrow.

Pam, I hope the other two practices are better for you on the Kent Katich dvd.
Old 07-26-21, 03:08 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did...

Kathi Ross-Nash Prevention Easy Healing Stretches (Feet and Calves.)
Kimberly Fowler Prevention Flat Belly Yoga (Express workout.)

I enjoyed both of these. It was nice to pay special attention to the feet today and Kathi has you do some nice stretches using a yoga block (something I've never done.) It also felt great to use lighter weights with the yoga poses and Kimberly has you hold the poses and weights for a good amount of time. To the point where you have to shake out your hands or legs, afterwards. Good and gentle stuff today.

wishiwasinhawaii, I am doing a 20 Different Yoga Instructors for 20 Days Challenge and the workouts need to be virgins or dustbunnies. I made my focus yoga instructors this month, but others in the check-in here are doing all types of workouts, as long as they're not the same old thing you always do. I've been randomly picking new workouts, or really old dustbunnies that I haven't pulled off my shelf in ages. And, it allows me to decide if the DVDs are really worth keeping. It's been fun, but sometimes it's hard when you want to do a favorite workout/instructor, and I'm trying to stick with someone new each day. That also might be a new YouTube person, too! So, that's why my workouts are so all over the place, ha ha!

Sherry, hope your daughter will be doing okay soon!

Donna, hope you can begin feeling like your old self soon! It's hard, and I often feel this way, too!

April Focus:
Old 07-26-21, 03:52 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

20 Different Yoga Instructors for 20 Days Challenge (New or Dustbunny.)

Day 1 Patricia Walden AM and PM Yoga (PM Yoga.) Lilias Folan AM and PM Yoga for Seniors (PM Yoga.)
Day 2 Trudie Styler Yoga for Weight Loss (Bonus AM workout, Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss, Chair Yoga.)
Day 3 Mandy Ingber Yogalosophy (Express Yogalosophy.) Jennifer Aniston’s yoga instructor.
Day 4 Alanna Zabel Element Beginner Level Yoga (for Toning, Flexibility and Stress Release.)
Day 5 Ashley Turner Element Yoga for Weight Loss
Day 6 Denise Austin Hot Body Yoga (Yoga Fit and Yoga Sculpt.) Yoga Sculpt uses light weights.
Day 7 Shiva Rea Core Yoga (Water Core, Creative Core Lower, Creative Core Upper.) Angie Stewart 10 Minute Solutions Yoga for Beginners (Yoga Core.)
Day 8 Patty YogaWorks for Everybody (Beginner Basics) as well as the PM Practice (Relax and Restore.)
Day 9 Matt Giordano Hot Body Yoga!
Day 10 Billy YogaWorks AM Wake-Up, Kate Potter Namaste: The 5 Elements of Yoga (Pitta Practice 2x.)
Day 11 Mia Togo Element Daily Yoga (Morning) and Suzanne Deason's AM & PM Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss (AM Practice.)
Day 12 Janice Lennard Yoga (60 minutes.) Dean Pohlman Yoga Charge (Recharge PM Practice.)
Day 13 Kassandra Reinhardt Bedtime Yoga (YouTube.)
Day 14 Kent Katich Yoga for Flexibility with Kevin Love (Progressive Warm-up) and (Deep Stretch and Restore.)
Day 15 Kathi Ross-Nash Prevention Easy Healing Stretches (Feet and Calves.) Kimberly Fowler Prevention Flat Belly Yoga (Express workout.)
Day 16 Barbara Benagh Yoga for Back Care (General Back Care.)
Day 17 Molly Fox Skinny Jeans (Deep Flow Yoga) 40 minute workout.
Day 18 Nadia Narain Chair Yoga (Session one) and Sara Ivanhoe On the Ball Yoga.
Day 18 Shelly McDonald Caribbean Workout (Stretch into Yoga) Basic Yoga.

April Focus:
Old 07-27-21, 08:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I slept better last night so I generally feel better today-

Today's workout was:

CocoLime - Iso Shaped Total Body (20 min) this was some isometric and body weight type exercises with stretching in between. I also added on her Relaxing Stretch from her MITFIT 90 series. That one had a lot of good stretches for the neck which is what I need - my neck and trapezius muscles are so tight. I thought being off work would help, but I think sitting in the car for travel was not great for them either.

Pam - that is a great idea!

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii and Sherry!

We are on hiatus for the horse as the seller is on vacation. Honestly, I'm pro-horse, I think it will be good for my DD. It is my DH I have to convince.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 07-27-21, 01:43 PM  
Leonana

I did Lift and Shift Upper Body. I really enjoyed it. I have warmed up to this set this time around. I guess I just have to get used to something different.

My daughter is doing better, but still sleeping all day. She probably feels like she was hit by a truck, with that kind of surgery. Only one tooth was easy to remove, the other three were more difficult, probably in the bone. She had a lot of bleeding yesterday, more than they said she should have, so I was a bit worried. Fortunately, it's tapering off today.

Donna, I'm glad you got a good night's sleep. I slept pretty good. I had to change my daughter's gauze and give her her cold pack every half hour. It's tiring getting up and down!

Pam, good job on the 20 different instructors for this month.

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy