Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-21, 05:49 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've been busy the past few days so I didn't get a chance to post, but I've been keeping up with my workouts. Today I did a Total Gym workout and rode my exercise bike. It was cold and windy so I stayed in, but it looks like tomorrow starts some very nice weather.

Donna, Did you decide if you're definitely going to do Jessica V's calendar in April?

Sherry, It seems like Lift & Shift is very different from anything Jessica has done in the past. Is that true?

Pam, Great job!

Waves to Liz!
Old 03-19-21, 06:30 PM  
Leonana

Today was Total Body Stamina. A bit shorter, 41 minutes. It’s a circuit done three times, so easier to shorten. I skipped the ab hip Lift, as it kills my lower back. I subbed a leg lift, then a Pilates 100. This workout felt a bit easier. I was able to use my ten pounds for the workout. So far, I’m doing okay with this rotation. It’s definitely giving me some muscle definition, especially in my glutes.

Pam, too funny about Jessica saying not to rush. I need to pay more attention to what she says, I think I’m missing form pointers. Nice to know that Core Control isn’t difficult.

Donna, a Jessica V. rotation sounds perfect for you.

wishiwasinhawaii, yes Lift and Shift is different. She moves much slower and the moves are different, although perhaps they are typical heavy strength moves. I’m not experienced with heavy weight workouts. She’s by herself, so that’s different too. It is kind of a different vibe. I like it a lot, but it is on the tough side. I have to say, it's really effective for toning!
Old 03-19-21, 11:41 PM  
lizh

Hi all,
I've missed a few days posting but I am faithfully trucking along and doing the workouts from the Pahla B. January weight loss rotation. It is going well. I like the weight work better than the cardio. Today was balance and core work. Again, not bad. I am committed to finishing out the month but not sure if I will go further. I am enjoying the 20 minute aspect and when I hear Sherry and Pam talk about 51 minutes and 45 minutes - eek! Not sure if I can do that. But I appreciate that you are posting your opinions of the Lift & Shift workouts. I find it very interesting, since I will want to do it someday.

Donna, sounds like you are contemplating a few directions for April. I'll be curious to hear what you choose. Did you know that "Yoga with Kassandra" is doing a free daily nighttime yoga in April? Apparently the workouts will be around 15 minutes. I started her morning yoga challenge back at the beginning of the pandemic and I enjoyed it, but unfortunately I didn't stick with it.

wishiwasinhawaii, enjoy your weather change! First day of Spring is tomorrow!

Sherry, the weights (10 lb!) you are using for Lift & Shift are impressive!

Pam, I like reading about the ways you are making Lift & Shift work for you.

Happy weekend all and happy first day of spring!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-21, 08:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Today I went back to Trifecta Pilates and did:

Basic Weights Workout - which was a standing Pilates inspired workout w/ weights (20 min)

Primary Pilates Flow - a more beginner class....(22 min)

I enjoyed both....

Planning an outdoor walk for later since the weather is so nice.

Sherry and Pam - thanks for you continuing reviews of Lift and Shift. It does sound very different from Jessica's pat sets/rotations.

wishiwasinhawaii - I haven't totally decided what to do in April. Of course, I did Trifecta today and I'm thinking, I like her...maybe I should stick w/ her. I also have in the back of my mind doing something w/ Gilad. I figure April, May and part of June will be good weather for outdoor walking...so thinking about finding something that would work with lots of outdoor walks....

Liz - I like Pahla's weights or circuits/met con workouts the best. I do like that 20-25 min format, too. I like to add on. It is funny, that i'm hesitant to commit to doing a single longer workout but I don't mind doing several shorter workouts. Like today was 40+ minutes - I would not have necessarily wanted to pick one workout to do that was that length, but I like mixing and matching.
I also started Kassandra's morning yoga a few times and fell off the wagon. I like her, though. Will have to see what the evening series looks like. Lately, I have been avoiding yoga b/c of the forward bending, that is not great for my back and it is sometimes hard to remember to modify if you are in the groove.

Waves, everyone Happy Saturday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-21, 12:37 PM  
Leonana

Today is the optional cardio day. However, I need to clean the house, and I can't workout on the same day, I get too exhausted. Most of our house is ceramic tile floors, so I have to vacuum and mop. I consider it a workout, lol.

I have noticed that this system is really effective at toning, even after a week. Of course, it's building on the foundation of my other workouts. My thighs, glutes and triceps feel rock hard. I've never felt my triceps like this before, next to my ribs when my arms are down, they feel so firm! I didn't even realize the moves were targeting the triceps. Although, it’s not as if anyone else will notice, I’m definitely not “ripped,” lol. But I can feel a difference.

I don't think I'll be able to do this longer than four weeks, but I will definitely incorporate some of the longer workouts into whatever I do in the future.

Liz, thanks. Ten pounds is impressive for me! You can shorten the workouts. I did half of the first one, before I tried the full workout.

Donna, I can see how doing a bunch of shorter workouts is easier than one long one. For me, I never plan to do a lot, but keep adding them once I'm done. But I like having this rotation, it does the thinking for me, lol.
Old 03-20-21, 02:13 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Lift and Shift Total Body Stamina Circuit!

Hi Ladies,

I did Jessica's Circuit workout today (Total Body Stamina) from the Lift and Shift set. She works larger muscle groups so I used my kettlebells and lifted heavy for all three circuits. That made all the difference in the world for me. The only thing I used dumbbells for was the chest presses. Jessica varies the rep range, speed for each circuit to challenge muscles differently. Floor work was okay but felt is was too long. There didn't need to be three circuits of these two exercise. Liked Cobra press-ups for back extension, but too hard on body with so many reps. Good weight work today. Also added the Post workout stretch to finish.

Enjoy the weekend!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-21, 05:40 PM  
Leonana

Pam, I agree about the Cobra move. It was too many reps. I subbed Bird Dog for the last one.

I’m impressed you lifted heavy with kettlebells!

I read your review of the workout in GD. I have to admit, I like the music being low, music annoys me, probably because of my hearing loss. It sounds weird to me. However, I have Bluetooth in my hearing aids connected to my IPhone. When I play the workout on my phone, and hear it through my hearing aids, the music is much louder. I wonder if you could increase the volume of the music if you used wireless headphones.
Old 03-21-21, 10:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Ellen - Lengthen, Strengthen and Breathe

Yesterday DD and I went for one of our longer walks.

Waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-21, 03:23 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Lift and Shift (optional cardio day!)

Hi Ladies,

I did the optional Cardio day and just realized it's recommended that you do an Interval Cardio day. Oh well, I just did two miles from Jessica's Power Walk DVD with warmup and cooldown. Wanted an easier day today, so only added Lee's 30 Day Challenge Day 11 to finish up.

Sherry, I don't think I'll want to do the full 90 day program, either. I might just do six weeks, as I know me and will want to switch things up. I'm going to try to shoot for May 1st as an end goal, but we'll see. I think with any new program and workouts, it takes me a while to know whether it will be for me or not. Of the workouts that I've completed so far, I do like them. I'm not sure how much I enjoy them. Does that make sense? Of course if I start to see some more muscle definition or endurance that might be a motivating factor.

Have a good Sunday everyone!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-21, 06:28 PM  
Leonana

Today was some yard work and maybe some yoga tonight. I have been pretty lazy this weekend, except for housework and laundry. I have two days off from the rotation, and I'm enjoying them lol.

Donna, it sounds like a nice weekend, with a long walk with your dd and a relaxing Ellen workout.

Pam, I feel the same way. I like them but I'm not sure I enjoy them. I do enjoy them more once I get started, but the motivation is a bit harder with this rotation. I wonder if it's because it's not what we are used to with Jessica. Well, I'm not used to these workouts at all really! I also wonder if the negativity surrounding the release affected me too. I am seeing results in toning and strength. I wonder about the results if you do just one or two of the strength workouts in a week. That's probably what I will do after I'm done with the rotation. May 1st sounds like a good stopping point.

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy