Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-11-21, 07:09 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug you had me laughing with your Dirty Dancing reference. When I was dating my now-husband, we went to see that movie. He complained that I made him go to a chick flick. Now, some 30 years later, he loves that movie and will watch it any time it's on TV. I call it his secret favorite movie.

Speaking of movies, do you guys quote movies with your spouses or friends? My husband and I do it all the time. Particularly with My Cousin Vinnie. OMG, we love that movie so much and have seen it so many times that we really, really know the dialog. I do my Marisa Tomei impersonation and it makes him laugh every time. We were quoting from that movie today as a matter of fact.

Yesterday was DumpsterMax. We have been collecting things to get rid of for a while and had a lot of stuff accumulated. I spent about 3 hours yesterday carrying things from the cellar up through the garage and into the dumpster in the driveway. I was a genuine sweaty dusty mess! Husband and I finished up today with the heavier stuff. It feels so good to have so much junk out of the cellar and garage.

Today I did Kat's Hiit Step. Thanks so much ChelePA for mentioning it. OMG, it was so fun!!! I really found it challenging though. Did we discuss this before? What kind of room, or where in her house do you think Kat films? I mean, it sort of looks like an office, but her cats wander around. So I see a table on the side and sleek looking cabinets. Is that part of her kitchen? What do you guys think?

Bee I checked out Jen's pigeon flow workout but saw it was 60 minutes. If it was 30, I was going to maybe do it today. Since it's 60, I will save it for another day.

Hope everyone has an exceptional week.
Old 07-11-21, 09:23 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

OMG, I was about to post a one line post:

Nobody puts Baby in the corner.

but I see I've already been beaten two it...... twice! Ok, Baby..... Baby it is!
I love that movie and also My Cousin Vinnie. We do quote movies quite a bit, but these days it's usually Shrek.
Old 07-12-21, 11:23 AM  
ChelePA

The email is out today for the road trip. Previously, Cathe took a poll on Facebook to see who would be interested. I really wish I could go. The Halloween theme sounds like fun!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 11:57 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

LOL on the "Dirty Dancing" references. I could watch this all day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ2lUog6jZ0

kittybug - I hope your back improves. When you were sick were you coughing? I fractured a vertebra from coughing. My (ex) doctor didn't take my pain seriously, so I had to insist on an x-ray.

One of my cats likes to randomly jump on my back. I have no idea what is going on in his little brain. I have to keep an eye on him at all times.

As for the heat here, yikes!

Kim - we quote movies all the time. I was a theater major, so I also sing show tunes. "I'm just a girl who cain't say no, I'm in a turrible fix." (Oh, wait, maybe not the best song choice...)

Workout - yesterday I did a balance workout using the BeamFit. I bought it ages ago after taking a BeamFit class. I love doing balance work!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 12:24 PM  
ChelePA

VVfer…. My neighbor is the same way and she was also a theater major.

As for quoting lines, my husband is famous for this. My daughter and I are usually clueless. Ha ha. Seinfeld is one of his favorites. But he often quotes much older movies too.
Old 07-12-21, 01:20 PM  
fanofladyvols

I'm watching you go down in flames Vinnie ...best scene ever
https://youtu.be/Dh0210A-VZo

And this line ....Did you say youtes??

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 01:30 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

It puts the lotion in the basket!! Yep, we do movie/show quotes a lot too.

Kim, I'm so laughing about your husband's secret favorite movie!!!

Baby, I love that scene too! I'm a sucker (of course!) for good final dance scenes. The one in Strictly Ballroom is my all-time favorite.

That's absolutely horrible you fractured a vertebra from coughing!! I didn't have any coughing, thank goodness. I just had a fever and a nasty sore throat for TEN days and my glands were so swollen, they were visible. I couldn't even move my neck because it was so painful!

Hey, did you all see the road trip announcement ChelePA mentioned? I know I can't go...just wish I could.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 01:50 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I'm watching you go down in flames Vinnie ...best scene ever
https://youtu.be/Dh0210A-VZo

And this line ....Did you say youtes??
Another favorite of my husband’s. Quotes this one often!
Old 07-12-21, 02:43 PM  
manleym

Cataddict I'm glad ya'll didn't have any trouble with the storm. You always have to be prepared because you never know. Storms are so unpredictable and scary. Glad ya'll were spared.

BW/VVfer I meant to say Taptalk earlier but said Roost. Always get them mixed up. I am on Roost too, but rarely check it. Don't check Taptalk much either. Oh, LOVED the Dirty Dancing clip! Made me want to pick up my hairbrush and sing! Also makes me want to watch Breakfast Club again.

Bee I think you're right on the risers - sticking with one and just doing another workout. After this hip flexor issue, which I think was caused by 3 risers, I'm being more mindful about those things.

Yay Kittybug on the road to healing! Glad to hear you were able to get through your workout without as much pain. Hopefully by next week you'll be back to normal.

Kim my college roommate and I used to quote movie lines alot. She was really good at it and could remember so many different lines. We occasionally quote lines from Elf, Lord of the Rings, a few others. Hubby has a great memory so he'll sometimes quote lines from commercials, TV shows, movies. I could quote You've Got Mail lines more than any other movie. It's my favorite!

I won't be able to go to Cathe's Halloween roadtrip. BOO!! LOL!!!!

You just can't leave out this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ4WeDbvvcg

But I'm leaving it with this gals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqdNe8u-Jsg
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 03:27 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

O.K......... you guys have me down a rabbit hole of clips! So fun. I really want to watch My Cousin Vinnie again. Funny..... that Dirty Dancing scene..... in my mind, she jumps from the stage into his arms.

Chele, my cousins are huge Seinfeld fans. Whenever I am with them there are Seinfeld lines that come up.... without fail. I think I can even quote some of them now.

I apparently don't get Cathe emails anymore. It may be in my spam somewhere. Who's thinking about going?

Baby, that is crazy about your cat jumping on your back! Now that you mention it, I do remember you posting about cracking vertebra while coughing. That must have been so painful!

I was a bit short on time this morning, so I did Keep It Off (about 40 minutes) plus a walk. I was thinking there would be some weights in KIO but it was mostly cardio with some band work. Tomorrow I will hit some weights.

Tags
watulan check-in