Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-03-20, 07:05 PM  
RHend

Mailing a DVD for share the wealth

So, I posted a bunch of dvds in Share the wealth and neglected to find out the current cost to mail a DVD in a padded envelope.

Can someone help me out with this info? I don't want to tell anyone the wrong amount
Old 06-03-20, 07:22 PM  
Karla25

It’s $2.80 for media mail. I always get a receipt from the post office and message the tracking number to the person requesting the dvd.
Old 06-03-20, 07:25 PM  
bubbles76

You can typically mail up to four dvds media mail for $2.80.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 07:54 PM  
RHend

I'm not sure how to word this properly, so please bear with me.

I am hoping to just drop the packages in the slot at the post office without having any contact with other people, so no tracking number, no weighing packages, no standing in line etc. I only go out when absolutely necessary because of the virus. I am in the older, more vulnerable category.

I guess I didn't think this all thru well enough. I will mail out to those who have contacted me and that send postage or sase, but I think it might be best if I take my list down for now. I will repost in a few months if things seem better.
Old 06-03-20, 08:00 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Early May I ordered 3 DVDs that shipped from Minneapolis to Chicago. I paid 6.95 to have this shipped to me First Class and it took ONE month for the USPS to deliver the pkg to me. From Minnesota to Illinois! It wasn't even lost, it just sat unscanned in their posession for that long. Shipping something by media mail? I don't know how much it will cost but be prepared that it will take forever for the recipient to get the package - if it'll ever even get there at all. Personally, I wouldn't ship anything right now. Many shippers including Mary (her June newsletter) have a disclaimer on their sites citing lengthy delays. That's due to Covid-19 I'm told.
Old 06-03-20, 08:05 PM  
Ricka

Thank you for your generousity, Randi. You can print the media mail shipping label at home, and they come with the tracking number. If you need a help figuring out how to do it, please feel free to ask me. You arr trying to make Video Fitness a wonderful community of sharing, and I'm happy to help.
Ricka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 08:33 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

If you have a paypal account you can print your shipping labels using this link:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...de_optout=true

That's what I always do (especially because sometimes it's cheaper or the same price to ship 1st class using a paypal account vs. media mail if you're just mailing one dvd). I weigh all my packages on various scales at home (I have a food scale, a little scale for weighing yarn and light packages, and a big old school scale in the basement if I'm selling something heavy on ebay that the food scale can't handle). If you're mailing via media mail though, it just goes by 1lb increments I believe so exact weight is less important.

I just print the postage on regular white printer paper, tape it to the bubble mailer, and put it in my mailbox for the mailperson to pick up the next day (or drop it in the package bin at the post office. Sometimes I go up to the counter if I really want a receipt for some reason.

Also, one of my favorite resources:
https://www.nerdylorrin.net/jerry/postages/
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 09:10 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Early May I ordered 3 DVDs that shipped from Minneapolis to Chicago. I paid 6.95 to have this shipped to me First Class and it took ONE month for the USPS to deliver the pkg to me. From Minnesota to Illinois! It wasn't even lost, it just sat unscanned in their posession for that long. Shipping something by media mail? I don't know how much it will cost but be prepared that it will take forever for the recipient to get the package - if it'll ever even get there at all. Personally, I wouldn't ship anything right now. Many shippers including Mary (her June newsletter) have a disclaimer on their sites citing lengthy delays. That's due to Covid-19 I'm told.
I mailed pictures to SD and crocheted items to IN and AR and all arrived within one week. I'm in MN. I ordered Amazon the end of last week, no Prime, and the items are supposed to arrive tmrw and Friday. I wonder why some things are prompt and others have long delays.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 09:23 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I mailed pictures to SD and crocheted items to IN and AR and all arrived within one week. I'm in MN. I ordered Amazon the end of last week, no Prime, and the items are supposed to arrive tmrw and Friday. I wonder why some things are prompt and others have long delays.
Good point. I had one order that arrived within 1 week and two orders that took almost one month each to arrive. I've also had orders from other places that took a long time to arrive. I currently have older KCM DVDs that I want to offer on Share the Wealth but I'm leary of the USPS at this time.
Old 06-03-20, 09:48 PM  
Vantreesta

It certainly does sound hit or miss! That's very frustrating. The mail is supposed to be rain or shine!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
postage cost, share the wealth, shipping, usps