Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-23-20, 12:17 PM  
Sissy B

Monday, 6/15 - 4868 steps/2.06 miles
Tuesday, 6/16 - 5110 steps/2.16 miles
Wednesday, 6/17 - 4502 steps/1.91 miles
Thursday, 6/18 - 6850 steps/2.9 miles
Friday, 6/19 - 4767 steps/2.02 miles
Saturday, 6/20 - 5823 steps/2.46 miles
Sunday, 6/21 - 3523 steps/1.49 miles
Monday, 6/22 - 5481 steps/2.32 miles

Deb
- There are some repairs DH can do, and some that he has attempted that we have ended up having to call a repairman anyway. And DD said she was very glad I decided to stay home that day even if all I could do was tell her to call a locksmith.

Again, for the most part I can't remember what I did last week. Since I'm staying home the days have started to blend together. I keep up with the laundry and the dishes, take the dogs out numerous times a day, FaceTime with DD, and cook supper most nights. Occasionally we'll have leftovers or get takeout. I only know what day of the week it is because I make an effort to because of DH's crazy schedule to help him make sure he goes to work on the days he's supposed to. He was supposed to go back on shifts yesterday but ended up calling in sick early yesterday morning, he has picked up a stomach bug. He's feeling better but is taking today off too and will go back on Friday. He was already scheduled to be off tomorrow and Thursday.

I'm having a hard time getting motivated to workout (as you can see from steps above) but I have started watching some Dark Horse Rowing videos on YouTube on technique. I rowed for a few minutes last week to practice and I've done a few kettlebell swings here and there but that's it.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 11:32 AM  
dbclark44

Mon 6/22 - GYF Hip Routine, Knee Session #1; TM 50 min; 2.32 miles; 9566 steps/3.92 miles
Tue 6/23 - Park walk 64 min/3.1 miles; you tube Body Fit 25-min No Equip Cardio workout @ the park; 12,452 steps/5.10 miles
Today - Park walk 52 min/2.38 miles; Cathe Chair Stretch@the park

Hello ladies. How are you? I'm doing well. Trying to work out and do something every day or so.

Sissy, I hear you about working out and motivation. It's a challenge sometimes. I'm managing to get in something 3X a week. Not hitting 10K steps on the regular though. But that's okay. Just not a daily goal for me. Just glad to be working out regularly. Been tacking on the GYF workouts more and more and after walking at the park, I'll stream a workout off you tube and do it under a pavillion on a bench. I enjoy working out at the park in the early mornings.

Have a great Wednesday.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 12:05 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Yesterday was a dog walk and 7 hours of gardening. Today is a travel day, so just a walk. My back and shoulders are ready for a garden break.
Deb, that knee workout sounds awesome. So does working out at the park.
Sissy, it is hard to keep days straight and motivation up in th weird circumstances right now.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 10:05 AM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 6/23 - 5074 steps/2.15 miles
Wednesday, 6/24 - 10,100 steps/4.27 miles

I went and had my hair cut and colored yesterday.

DH is feeling much better. He'll go back to work tomorrow.
Old 06-25-20, 06:50 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I walked 3 miles in the heat this morning, then helped our DD move stuff to her new house. My reward was floating in her pool and takeout Greek food - yum! She is directing a "drive-in" play for her research project this summer, so she and her BF are at rehearsal every evening. I'll get to watch the play from her car on Saturday.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 09:03 AM  
dbclark44

Wed 6/24 - TM 15 min/.62 mile; GYF Knee Session #2; 10,575 steps/4.33 miles
Thu 6/25 - 2659 steps/1.09 miles
Fri 6/26 - TM 45 min/2.08 miles; Cathe Live #302 Burn Sets: Back Chest Shoulders

Had to get on the tm Wed night for a few minutes to roll over 10K. That day it was a goal.

Chrys, enjoy the play. Glad you're in shape enough to help family move. When DH and I moved things around in the house it beat us up when we replaced the flooring throughout the house. Lot of work. Next time we'll hire some young boys to come move it instead of doing it ourselves. I'm in shape but not shape enough for that.

Have a great Saturday ladies.

Old 06-27-20, 04:16 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Not much going on-----just another day sheltering in place and not catching Covid-19.

I read in another VF thread that someone had been in contact with Jessica Smith and Jessica said she planned to film again in the fall. Yay!

The upgrade to the Fitbit Inspire HR continues to go well. The syncing has worked flawlessly and the sleep tracker is fun. I bought an aftermarket stretchy fabric wristband and bra clips. I didn't think I'd like a wristband, but that's the only way the HRM and sleep tracker work. It turns out I don't really miss the bra clip, but will use it for dressier situations when a casual fabric band won't do. The Etsy seller included a wide stretchy headband that will work for a face mask in a pinch. It folds up into a negliglble size and is now tucked into my purse.

I haven't checked in for a while, but finally updated my excel workout log today and wanted to report in. My not-so-great last few weeks (date, steps, workout)---

5-Jun-20 6540
6-Jun-20 4160
7-Jun-20 4200
8-Jun-20 4755
9-Jun-20 4933
10-Jun-20 3605 JS Total Body Balance Sole Sculpt
11-Jun-20 744 JS WS3 Metabolic Conditioning
12-Jun-20 13275
13-Jun-20 4634
14-Jun-20 3780
15-Jun-20 11943 JS Boost Metabolism and Muscle 17 minutes
16-Jun-20 6462 JS Belly Blaster Strength Training Circuit
17-Jun-20 4015 JS Metabolism Booster Upper Body Circuit walk
18-Jun-20 5749
19-Jun-20 13354
20-Jun-20 3986
21-Jun-20 4920 JS 10 Minute Quick Fix-Total, Upper and Lower Body
22-Jun-20 4980
23-Jun-20 3743
24-Jun-20 8935 JS Barre Fitness Barre Burn
25-Jun-20 12731
26-Jun-20 5252

Sleep times and sleep score last few days:

6:46 76
5:43 72
6:00 68
5:01 65
7:47 87
6:58 82
7:25 84
6:58 83
7:08 78
5:49 69
6:50 75
7:19 78

Rating scale sleep score: Fair 60-79 Good 80-90 Excellent 90+

I felt pretty rough after those first few consecutive short nights of sleep. Last week, with the 7 hour ranges, was much better.

In good news, we had a lengthy phone conversation with one of our sons; I found a missing earring from one of my favorite sets and my new Gaiam balance disc wobble chair cushion is great!

I ordered some new patio chair cushions and a patio deck box to store the cushions, insect repellant, paper towels and some cleaning supplies (to get road dust and pollen off the table). If we will be stuck at home for the next hundred million years, might as well make the best of it.

Chrys I like helping the kids move. I don't do any heavy lifting.

Deb I hate the heat and humidity spell we are in.

Sissy I've been to the hair salon and the nail salon in the past few weeks. I felt comfortable with the safety precautions in place. Illinois just moved into Stage 4 of reopening. Our case numbers have gone down. I know Florida is a hot spot.
Old 06-27-20, 04:52 PM  
Sissy B

Thursday, 6/25 - 5659 steps/2.39 miles
Friday, 6/26 - 5602 steps/2.37 miles

Leslie
- I'm actually on the MS Gulf Coast but we've had an increase in cases along with AL and FL. My hairdresser owns the business with her cousin who is a manicurist so there's a maximum of 4 people in the building right now if they're both working and they're keeping the doors locked so you can only come in for your appointment and they’re constantly cleaning. I'm still mostly staying home.

DH went back to work yesterday and he works through Tuesday. DD finishes her summer classes on the 29th. She has to work on Wednesday morning and then she's coming home for a few days. I feel like she needs a change of scenery. She has to be back at work on the 6th so she'll go back the day before and I'm going to go up and stay with her for a week or two. I need a change of scenery too.

Chrys - I can't imagine walking 3 miles outside in the heat and humidity right now much less helping someone move. Although, I have moved several times during the summer myself. I hope you enjoy the play tonight. That sounds like a lot of fun. I miss being able to go see a play. DD and really enjoy doing that together.

Deb - We both got over 10,000 steps on Wednesday!

Today I'm washing sheets and towels, and I'm making Cajun Boiled Peanuts in the CrockPot. I got some spaghetti sauce out of the freezer to have for supper tonight so I just have to heat that up and boil some noodles and supper is done.
Old 06-28-20, 11:14 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Sissy I think a change of scenery sounds great!

Our governor has done a good job, imo, at slowing down the virus spread. Our cases are going down. A lot of people around here are mad at him for shutting everything down. Many people won't wear masks. We live downstate where there aren't nearly as many cases as Chicago, but part of the reason is that he shut everything down and based a reopening plan on scientific criteria.

Jack and I are doing ok--I've finally made the mental adjustment, I think, to not seeing as much of people or going wherever I want whenever I want. We have hobbies, a carefully curated social bubble and figure we just need to wait it out for a year or two and we can resume the life we want. Minor sacrifices are necessary so we can eventually see our kids again. I like to travel, but I've been a lot of places and can wait until it's safe. I've started social distance walking with friends once a week and have some video chat groups. It's not the life I wish we were leading, but who is right now?

Ttyl, off to do a strength workout. No outside walking today--the humidity is gross.
Old 06-29-20, 10:40 AM  
dbclark44

Sat 6/27 - 2794 steps/ 1.14 miles
Sun 6/28 - GYF Knee Session #3; Cathe XTrain Bis & Tris; TM 33 min/1.55 miles; GYF Chair Yoga Practice #1; 6138 steps/2.51 miles

Leslie, I agree our governor did it right. I honestly don't mind staying home for a while. DH and I nixed any traveling for the rest of the year. We have reservations in Canada and hope the resort is going to let us push it out to next year. I can't change now without paying a penalty. I'm planning to go see my family in Aurora this weekend. Stay for a week and come home. DH doesn't want to stay there that long so he'll probably drop me off, spend the night and come home.

You seem to be enjoying JS Leslie. Good to have instructors we enjoy. Motivates us to work out more.

How funny Sissy, that one of the few days I get 10K is the same day you did.

Have a great Monday ladies.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers