Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-19, 02:58 PM  
winnie_p
VF Supporter

Hmmmm...this is making me want to get into good enough shape to attempt a P90X rotation. I have had it forever and never really used it.

Interesting about STS vs P90X each being a visible-results-goldilocks situation for different VFers. I imagine P90X would be better for me than STS because I am not a hard-gainer at all. Either that or STS just sounds too intimidating to ever tackle, so I'm going to tell myself P90X would be better.
winnie_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 03:53 PM  
Venus

I first tried P90X in high school. My gym teacher would sometimes have us do workout videos and P90X was one we did pretty often.

I have not done a full rotation, just some workouts here and there. I have trouble sticking to a rotation. I tried doing one this spring, but stopped after a week or two.

The halfsies option sounds like a great option for adding in other workouts, too.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 07:23 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Venus, I wonder if your teacher was a VFer!

I have never done P90X, it sounds like a great program. Bee, congrats on your results, keep up the great work.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 09:11 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Venus, I wonder if your teacher was a VFer!
I wonder now, too! We also did 10 Minute Solution and Tae bo workouts.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 10:13 PM  
Hedgehog

I've done the videos enough that I can easily follow the paper workouts if I need. I was surprised reading the Bodyweight workout book by B Contreras last night when I realized how many of the exercises or variations I've only seen in 1 other place; p90x!!

I find the workouts have stood the test of time and give great results. I've come back to them repeatedly while doing split rotations and, they are super versatile as well, you can go super heavy and low rep or, go lighter and use them for endurance.
Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 08:21 PM  
angie_nrs

P90X stretch

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
X Stretch is one of my favorite stretch routines EVAH!!!
I've done P90X in it's entirety twice. Once about 10 years ago and again just this past spring/summer. I got great results the first time but not so much recently. I finally realized why......I cut sweets the first time around and didn't this time. It made ALL the difference.

Your post made me stop and think. I don't think I've done the X stretch workokut. Maybe I did 10 years ago? So, I got it out today and did that workout. It was a nice stretch routine, but it still clocked in at an hour. Surprisingly, time really went by fast with it. I will be doing this again. Thanks for pointing out a gem in my collection that I didn't even realize was there.

Tags
halfsies, p90x