Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-09-17, 01:20 PM  
Bluebelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I bought some needlepoint supplies from a vendor in south Texas - I live in TX Panhandle - in early February. Turns out the vendor had to special order them - they finally shipped to me on March 4th. On March 6th, they disappeared from the USPS tracking system. I never did get the package. Now the vendor is having to re-order the supplies and I probably won't get the package until May. Luckily I had insurance on the package. The true irony - it was supplies to stitch this design: http://www.abcstitch.com/optioncart/...esigns&all=yes

Grrr ~

Carol
That's so pretty! I'm waiting on an order from ABCstitch too. It just shipped Fri. Your post makes me glad I always pay extra for the shipping insurance.
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 05:22 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

The USPS recently mis-delivered a DVD I purchased from Total Fitness DVDs (Cathie's Total Body Giant Sets). I followed the tracking and came home to an empty mailbox on the day it was delivered. This happened once before and the package showed up the following day, so I decided to wait a day before heading to the post office to inquire. The following day it was a no show as well.

It wasn't until yet the next day that I went to the post office, as I have to be at work by 2:15 and my mail gets delivered around 4:00. The woman that assisted me at the p.o. left for a few minutes and returned with a satellite image of of my house and the houses near me. This image had a "flag" on the house to the right of mine. The woman explained that the carriers are tracked by gps, and my package had been delivered to "flagged" house. She said there was little recourse since it was an uninsured package, but she would have the carrier follow up to see if it could be retrieved. She also asked that I not confront the (new) neighbor and let the USPS try to find a resolution. She then took my phone number and told me she would call with a follow up.

I never did recover my DVD, and the woman at the p.o. never called me to follow up. So many days had passed that I figured if my neighbors were going to right the wrong, they would have done so already. Enough time and frustration had been invested and I tried to look at the bright side by giving thanks that I was out only $20 or so. No doubt, had I communicated to Mary that my package was never received, she would have sent me another DVD. I simply couldn't ask her to take a loss as she was not in the least at fault.

I live in a transient neighborhood and our we don't have a regular carrier because it's a "walking route." If you are having issues with your p.o., I totally
feel your pain.
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 05:46 PM  
Carol K

I'm sure Mary would have sent you another DVD. Every vendor has replaced my merchandise when the post office hasn't delivered it to me. I had no idea they did that GPS thing. I wonder if they could tell that they delivered my credit card bill to Apt. 1 instead of Apt. 3. In any case, I will never hear one word from them and I'm glad my neighbor brought it by.
Old 04-09-17, 05:55 PM  
cyana

DH and I were outside doing yard work this afternoon (Sunday) and a mail truck came down the street and was stuffing mail in the mailboxes. We didn't get any mail yesterday, but thought maybe it was just one of those occasional days where we didn't get any mail. I guess yesterday's mail came today since she stuffed a couple of things in our mailbox. No clue what that was about.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 06:45 PM  
Carol K

Our post office would never deliver on a Sunday. Once Amazon specifically requested a Sunday delivery for a package (I don't know why, I didn't request that or pay for it) and the post office documented that they had tried to deliver it on Sunday, but we weren't home, there was no secure place to leave the package and they had left us a delivery attempt notice. Yes, we were home, they did not attempt to deliver the package and they did not leave a notice. They delivered it on Monday when we weren't home, even though there was no secure place to leave the package.
Old 04-09-17, 07:46 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I'm sure Mary would have sent you another DVD. Every vendor has replaced my merchandise when the post office hasn't delivered it to me. I had no idea they did that GPS thing. I wonder if they could tell that they delivered my credit card bill to Apt. 1 instead of Apt. 3. In any case, I will never hear one word from them and I'm glad my neighbor brought it by.
Yes, I'm quite sure Mary would have made good on the order, but in good conscience, I couldn't hold her accountable for the post office's screw up. She is a small business owner. Had I purchased the item from Amazon, I wouldn't have thought twice about requesting another to be sent.

The satellite image/gps was news to me as well. The day my package was mis-delivered, I received no mail at all. Had the gps indicated a delivery at my address, I suppose it would have turned into a my word against theirs situation.
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-17, 05:57 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
That's so pretty! I'm waiting on an order from ABCstitch too. It just shipped Fri. Your post makes me glad I always pay extra for the shipping insurance.
I never used to pay the extra $2 or $3 for shipping, but these days on bigger orders, like this one, I do. I'm so glad I did, especially after I read everyone's USPS horror stories.

Enjoy your stitching! I'll enjoy my snowman in summer...

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-17, 06:00 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

The post office is deploying this tool across the country so you can see what will be in your mailbox before you open it: https://informeddelivery.usps.com/bo...o/start.action

Kind of creepy, if you ask me.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-17, 06:57 AM  
killoffsonny

This is why I hesitate to buy on ebay even though I can usually find things for less than on amazon. Yesterday I ordered a Pilate Props Workbook by Ellie Herman from ebay for 5 dollars. Its used but in good condition. A new one on Amazon was ten dollars more. I wasn't sure what to do. I just took my chances and went with the cheaper price. 80% of the time the USPS comes through but that doesn't help me feel better when my items are late!!
Old 04-10-17, 07:08 AM  
Carol K

I like it though. That's how I knew that I hadn't received a credit card bill that I should have. They are also letting me know when they've delivered a package, so if I'm home I can run out and get it before a passer by takes it. They used to bring packages to our front door in the back of the building, but now they just leave them by the mailbox which is practically on the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
The post office is deploying this tool across the country so you can see what will be in your mailbox before you open it: https://informeddelivery.usps.com/bo...o/start.action

Kind of creepy, if you ask me.

Carol

Tags
usps