Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-17, 10:16 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
One year my Illinois state tax return went to California. 2 days later, it was back in Illinois and then it sat at the Springfield post office for 6 days before it was finally delivered. And I have a million other stories. I hate USPS too.
I had a time-sensitive tax packet that I'd sent certified mail. I kept checking the tracking but it showed it hadn't been delivered, last stop unknown. After days of tearing my hair out and many tears shed over stress, they finally found the carrier had shelved it with a vacation hold for a different (wrong) address, making it a week late when it should have arrived in plenty of time. Needless to say, now I use UPS.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 10:32 AM  
Carol K

A neighbor just dropped off my credit card bill.
Old 04-09-17, 10:43 AM  
meg39

I sent a thank you note to my office last year after my mother died for the flowers they had sent to her funeral. I dropped it off in the mailbox in the parking lot of the post office 1/2 mile from the office, and it took a WEEK to be delivered.

The mailman who delivers the mail at our office, is on his phone non-stop. He's got the earphones in his ears and is on the phone the entire time he is going thru our building delivering the mail. Its no surprise that half the mail is delivered to the wrong office.
meg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 10:44 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Sounds like we all have stories to tell. Now, my tracking shows "in transit, delayed". No kidding.
Old 04-09-17, 11:12 AM  
MathTeacher

I recently traded DVDs with a VFer in Pennsylvania. USPS picked the DVD up at my home in Arkansas and sent it straight to California. Talk about taking the scenic route.
Old 04-09-17, 12:36 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

My package for Mary was sent to New York, I live in California. There it sat for 4 days. I called the Post Office. They put a claim out on it. It came to me so fast. The Post Office called me for follow up and sent me emails. Magically, every package comes to me so fast now. I know what to do if they don't.
Softshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 12:54 PM  
Carol K

My post office doesn't answer the phone. Filing a complaint on USPS.com doesn't accomplish anything either.
Old 04-09-17, 01:02 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Customer Service for USPS is 1-800-275-8777, Mon-Fri 8-8:30 ET, Sat 8-6 ET. The time I called I did have to wait on hold. Once the lady came on, it went really fast getting that claim started. She was nice. And I got my package.
Softshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 01:07 PM  
Carol K

I've called USPS multiple times. They're usually nice, sometimes not. I've never received a package as a result of calling them.
Old 04-09-17, 01:14 PM  
Poodlepants

My husband's family live in England, a few years ago he sent presents for Christmas. He sent the presents to my MIL well within the cut off date for international shipping. He sent them off and thought nothing more.

The 23rd rolled around and my MIL called my husband to tell him she never received the presents. My husband tracked the presents and they never left the Chicago office. In fact, they didn't move until the 28th. They got their presents after the new year! My husband called USPS after Christmas and he said they were so disinterested and didn't even apologize. They told him that these things happen from time to time.

He now just goes to Amazon UK and selects presents for his family there.

Sometimes, USPS pleasantly surprises me, other times their performance is very disappointing.

Tags
usps