Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-30-16, 09:15 PM  
Sara1000

New Jessica Smith - First Impressions

I only got Burn Fat and Have Fun - the mail comes late here so I only had time to do about 10 minutes of the step workout - very typical JS but the step made it a little different. I tried to do it on my FIRM Balance Disc but that doesn't work when you have to put both feet on it at once. I look forward to doing more tomorrow. I will use the regular High Step Topper.

The picture seemed a little light and a bit soft focus but I do have a newer high definition TV so maybe that is why. I don't notice this on most other DVDs however, except the Margaret Richards taken from TV shows. Not a big problem though.

So what are your first experiences with the new set?
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-16, 08:11 AM  
momofcha

This morning I did a H&C but followed it with
Flow 3 - Hips & Knees from the Yoga flow
I always need to work on my hips as lately they seem to be bothering me a lot. I loved this. It's not yoga, it's not really CS either. It's not joint mobility, but mostly a stretching workout. You don't hold the poses super long, but they felt great.

This DVD is a matrix - you can choose what segments, and what order you want to play them in. Or you can just pick one, or play all, and go.

The length was perfect and the setting was the pool (her mom's?) and the tiki torches were lit, the water was babbling and it was very relaxing.

I see myself using this one a lot.

Yesterday I did Core Control from Build, Balance & Inner Strength - I liked that one a lot too.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-16, 08:27 AM  
BunnyHop

Mine haven't even shipped yet, sigh.
Old 07-01-16, 08:35 AM  
Sollamyn

I got mine yesterday and previewed the step workout, the ball workout, and a couple of the strength workouts before falling asleep on the couch. (I was exhausted--don't judge! ) I think I will really enjoy them. They look pretty challenging, but doable.

Donna
Old 07-01-16, 08:57 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I only bought the Burn Fat and Have Fun dvd, too. This morning I tried out the step workout and liked it a lot. It's more of a "light" workout with just the step, so I might add one riser next time. Overall, very basic if you don't do step it's easy to follow. This weekend I plan to try the other two workouts on the disc (interval and ball).
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-16, 09:01 AM  
Kizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Mine haven't even shipped yet, sigh.
Nor mine. I ordered them on Tuesday. I guess that is what you get when you choose 'free shipping'.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-16, 09:10 AM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Nor mine. I ordered them on Tuesday. I guess that is what you get when you choose 'free shipping'.
Strange. I ordered Tuesday and picked free 2 day shipping and got them Thursday.
Old 07-01-16, 09:13 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
Strange. I ordered Tuesday and picked free 2 day shipping and got them Thursday.
I'm assuming they don't have Prime. (Free standard shipping for orders over a certain amount.)

Mine are scheduled to arrive today. Looks like I'll be having a preview party tonight!
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-16, 09:15 AM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
I didn't realize it was free "2 day shipping"😳 Shoot....I paid for two day shipping😞 It was my fault, though..... I selected it. I just didn't pay attention .
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-16, 09:20 AM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolieikl View Post
I didn't realize it was free "2 day shipping"😳 Shoot....I paid for two day shipping😞 It was my fault, though..... I selected it. I just didn't pay attention .
As Alison said, free two day shipping is only for Amazon Prime. I've had Prime so long I forget I have it and take the free two day shipping for granted. Of course you pay about what, $10 a month for Prime, but I use their streaming service also, which is included, along with various other benefits.

Tags
2016, burn fat and have fun, jessica smith, jessica smith step, rotation, six week, summer strength challenge