Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-15, 02:31 PM  
little bird

Quote:
yeah, there are a lot of personnel issues at this post office, what can you do?
LOL! It is not easy to terminate people from government jobs. Years ago I worked in a VA ER. Some people came to work & didn't do a darn thing all shift!
Old 12-07-15, 03:14 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Our community has a problem with "porch pirates". These are people who follow delivery trucks around and steal packages left at your front door. If you ordered something, follow the tracking carefully so you know when it will arrive. If possible, have packages delivered at your workplace.
Old 12-07-15, 04:25 PM  
dakko

Porch pirates! Thanks for the tip.

My Essentrics shipment is messed up. I was one of the first to order during their sale (while they were still setting up their shop!), got a shipping notice and then several days later FedEx actually picked it up from them. It is supposed to be delivered this Friday.

Don't know why it is hitting me so hard. But it is. I'm totally bummed.
dakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 05:11 PM  
Kitten

I ordered from a company in California on November 30. The package shipped out December 1.
For some reason it ended up in Tampa Florida and it's been sitting there since December 3.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 08:16 PM  
pricek

Yes! UPS just delivered my weight bench that was OFD since Friday. They did not deliver my package that is scheduled to be delivered today. Although it's saying OFD! I doubt that they'll come back today. I guess they're overwhelmed with the holidays.
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 01:26 AM  
CoolGirlinFl888

You can open up an investigation case on usps.com. I did that because an item I shipped the day before Turkey Day was still there as of December 5th!!! I said no way. I emailed them let them know all of the specifics including tracking number (always get this if you can. It really helps!) As of tonight the person received the item! I went back to the post office I mailed it and the lady I spoke to was no help at all. Actually I think she was either off mentally or under the influence of something as she made absolutely no sense but the package got that and that's what mattered. If the post office is messing up or holding packages for a long time, investigate it with a case on usps.com.
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 01:52 PM  
sherry7899

A package that was sent last Friday from MN by Priority was supposed to arrive yesterday. The tracking has not been updated since it was scanned in MN last Friday! (I live in NJ).

The Fed Ex package tracking has not been updated either. It still says "no delivery date available." I emailed customer service. I doubt I'll hear back anytime soon.

Sigh.....

Sherry

I am sorry so many others are having trouble with their mail also.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 02:39 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Welcome to my world!

My shipping is often messed up. Especially if the dreadful USPS is involved.

This is the worst time of year for shipping anyway. Things went to hell when Amazon partnered with the USPS.

I'm done online shopping until January. The delivery delays, screw-ups and lame excuses are too stressful!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 02:41 PM  
jennstar

I have a package that was due to be delivered yesterday. It has not been scanned since Friday in Anaheim! I usually don't have many problems with USPS, but I really needed this package to be on time
jennstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 02:46 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Welcome to my world!

My shipping is often messed up. Especially if the dreadful USPS is involved.

This is the worst time of year for shipping anyway. Things went to hell when Amazon partnered with the USPS.

I'm done online shopping until January. The delivery delays, screw-ups and lame excuses are too stressful!
You want a special type of hell? Try getting something delivered by Lasership. They offer epic delivery screw-ups all year round, not just in December.

I'm at a point now where I will not order from a company that uses Lasership for shipping. I think Amazon Prime sometimes uses Lasership in certain parts of the country.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
online shopping, shipping, usps