Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-22-15, 05:15 PM  
dakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
That said, the comment that the only difference between a Bellicon and a Probounce is about $500.00 seems rather snide and unnecessary to me, especially when it comes from someone who hasn't bounced on one even one bounce. Yes, I replied in kind. Not my finest moment but honestly if you can't take what you're dishing out maybe you shouldn't be dishing it.
I may be of some help with this one...

Barb and I were exchanging emails because I could not post here in order to ask questions about purchasing a rebounder. If I'm remembering correctly, the line about the difference between them being $500 was said in the context of a good-natured joke. I just can't remember for certain if she was joking with me or if she was repeating a joke she'd just made with someone else. And she shared her amusement here.

Barb was able to speak knowledgeably about the differences between all of the rebounders and was very helpful to me in answering questions. I've found her to be very helpful about video stuff too. But she does like to laugh and she likes to have fun. It's just that those things do not always carry over in writing.
dakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-15, 05:19 PM  
dakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
Welcome to VF Valerie!
Happy to see you could finally post.

Barb S
Thank you for the welcome!
dakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-15, 07:57 PM  
smilingwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I might offer $400 and see what happens. My brother works in the area and might be able to pick it up for me.
Hi Leslie, A few days ago I almost emailed an offer for the same Bellicon on Craigslist. They won't get what they're asking for, it's definitely not a good deal. I hope it works out for you.
smilingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-15, 08:06 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
That's the way I interpreted it. And let's face it, not everyone can afford "the best" but also some don't want it. I had a $25 rebounder for years and it worked great for occasional bouncing and kid play. I liked not having to worry about storing or protecting a "Cadillac".
My thoughts exactly!

I still have my cheapo rebounder I got from Walmart some years back, still looking like new, and my DD and I both enjoy using it occasionally. I sometimes use it on my own or with my Urban Rebounder comp. workouts which I also enjoy. But, I don't use it often enough to justify an upgrade, even the ProBounce seems a bit pricey to me at this moment, for what (or how often) I use mine, and the top of the line is def. out of my budget. I'm glad there are several options for different budgets, and people seem happy with their choices. I remember I once posted how much I loved my rebounder and people were laughing at me for not having an expensive one.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-15, 10:37 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Barb and I were exchanging emails because I could not post here in order to ask questions about purchasing a rebounder. If I'm remembering correctly, the line about the difference between them being $500 was said in the context of a good-natured joke. I just can't remember for certain if she was joking with me or if she was repeating a joke she'd just made with someone else. And she shared her amusement here.
Unfortunately she didn't share her amusement in a way that was easily understood. Probably due to the limitations of the typed word.

Quote:
Hi Leslie, A few days ago I almost emailed an offer for the same Bellicon on Craigslist. They won't get what they're asking for, it's definitely not a good deal. I hope it works out for you.
Me too!
Quote:
I remember I once posted how much I loved my rebounder and people were laughing at me for not having an expensive one.
I'm sorry you had that experience. I thought I had read every rebounding thread on VF over the last 18 years apparently not. It's amazing that your Wal-Mart rebounder has lasted so long! Good for you!

My concern is for the folks who put out good $$$ and either have a rebounder fail and it costs as much as the original cost of the rebounder to get a replacement due to a loophole in the warranty - yes this is true of the Probounce. Or, they need new bungees and the company is no longer around - try the original Probounce web address.

But then I may be trying to "Mother" folks who'd rather make their own decisions so I'll step back.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss

Last edited by Lannette; 11-22-15 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Fix autocorrect
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-15, 07:48 AM  
horsemom2

The PROBounce.me website is under maintenance to add new features.
They are also planning to have the product available through Amazon.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-15, 07:53 AM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
My thoughts exactly!

I still have my cheapo rebounder I got from Walmart some years back, still looking like new, and my DD and I both enjoy using it occasionally. I sometimes use it on my own or with my Urban Rebounder comp. workouts which I also enjoy. But, I don't use it often enough to justify an upgrade, even the ProBounce seems a bit pricey to me at this moment, for what (or how often) I use mine, and the top of the line is def. out of my budget. I'm glad there are several options for different budgets, and people seem happy with their choices. I remember I once posted how much I loved my rebounder and people were laughing at me for not having an expensive one.
I loved my cheap rebounders.. had a walmart one and an urban rebounder. Even after I got a jumpsport bungee one I still liked my urban rebounder for running sprints on. But I have to say.. I love my bellicon by far the best for a fun happy bounce/workout. I would never laugh at someone for loving their cheap rebounder as I did as well! I rebound daily.. it's my go to fun cardio next to dog walking.. also I see it as the best way to watch tv is to bounce. So mine are used daily and abused by kiddos doing crazy stuff on it.. even my dog goes on.. not kidding! So that's how I justify the price of my bellicon... it gets used and it's showing not a touch of wear and tear. I'd still be happy with my cheap ones if I had to be..
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-15, 08:17 AM  
SuzieC

Quote:
I don't think Barb meant it as a "death sentence."just that heavier people might have less options. Bellicon might be top of the line but it is out of the price range of most people.
And she is entitled to her opinion that for her the difference didn't justify spending the extra money. Even if you do not agree with her there is no need to belittle her.
I have to agree with this. I don't know why every Probounce thread has to become a "The Bellicon is better" thread. Can't we just have a thread about the Probounce for once?
I have a Probounce rebounder and I'm very happy with it. It doesn't squeak, at least mine doesn't.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-15, 08:22 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
I don't think Barb meant it as a "death sentence."just that heavier people might have less options. Bellicon might be top of the line but it is out of the price range of most people.
And she is entitled to her opinion that for her the difference didn't justify spending the extra money. Even if you do not agree with her there is no need to belittle her.
Thank you Leslie! I agree with every word.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-15, 08:44 AM  
clerkin11

I so agree with SuzieC and others, there are plenty of threads touting the amazing-ness of bellicon - why can't we have a thread about another rebounder? I thought Barb's $500 joke was funny and I really found that other person's comments to be elitist and offensive. Is it really necessary to shame people who can't afford or don't want what you do? I have a jumpsport and I got my daughter a probounce - she loves it and uses it every day. I use mine often for high impact work (Cathe air jacks I'm talking to you). I'm so grateful that there are other options out there or I would not have been able to get a rebounder at all.
Thanks Barb for being so helpful and informative.
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bellicon, probounce, rebounders, trampolines