Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-15, 06:16 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSeaSue View Post
Thanks for taking the time to give so much detail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
Anyone have a recommendation for inner thigh, back of thigh, back of butt work to complement Bodymatics (Hamelin or non Hamelin)?

LaCatrina, what pound hand and ankle weights do you use for bodymatics?
I use 3 pounds for the arms section, and 1.5# ankle weights for the legs part. If you need to make it harder from beginning to end you can wear wrist and ankle weights from the start until the stretch
Old 08-02-15, 08:25 PM  
nd2325

Quote:
Anyone have a recommendation for inner thigh, back of thigh, back of butt work to complement Bodymatics (Hamelin or non Hamelin)?
Thighmatics 1!
Old 08-02-15, 10:17 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd2325 View Post
Thighmatics 1!
Bodymatics and thighmatics 1 done in halves sounds like a KILLER rotation
Old 08-05-15, 08:24 PM  
MARIKA

In Glutematics I have to say the second floor exercise with the band is the most BRUTAL exercise I have eve faced. I don't know if it's just my band my Holy Crap I have to take at least 2 breaks!
Old 08-06-15, 04:23 PM  
kattpl

Where can I purchase his dvd's??? Also is there any other instructor that is silimar?

Thanks,
Kathy
kattpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-15, 05:35 PM  
zellybelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattpl View Post
Where can I purchase his dvd's??? Also is there any other instructor that is silimar?

Thanks,
Kathy
You might want to check out this thread
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=211366
Old 08-06-15, 05:43 PM  
kattpl

Meghan,

Thanks so much for the link, I did a search but that never came up..or possible I overlooked it...thanks again..

Kathy
kattpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-15, 10:13 AM  
yahoo205

Thanks for the recommendation of adding Thighmatics I to Bodymatics.

What is the difference between Thighmatics 1 and 2? Anyone have a rotation for all the matics: Bodymatics, thighmatics I and Thighmatics 2, and Glutematics?

I'm thinking Bodymatics and one of the other matics 4-6 days a week for 2 or 3 weeks. I've been working sooo much and soooo sedentary for the last 4 weeks that I really need to work double hard.

And just add in some walking or a short HIIT, metabolic intervals, metabolic conditioning.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-15, 10:28 AM  
Suzan66

Quote:
What is the difference between Thighmatics 1 and 2?

If you go to the other thread posted above... there are more details. TM2 is half barre and half side lying floor work at 62 minutes. TM1 is all floor work and 57 minutes.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-15, 01:09 PM  
yahoo205

FROM THE OTHER THREAD:

La Catrina:
Both are completely different:

TM 1 is mostly floorwork. You start with two seated moves, then you do a mix of all-fours, side lying and lying on your back exercises. He switches legs often, so it's not like you're on one side for 40 min and then you do your other leg.

TM 2 starts with a BRUTAL barre section for about 30 min, and then you go to the floor and do mostly side-lying moves for the rest of the hour. If you like SuperCallanetics this is something you might like.

I've done 1 quite a bit and it really trims down the saddlebags and the center in general, believe it or not. I lost quite a bit of muffin top when I did it detox style, which was a nice surprise

Hamelin's workouts really do something for skin tone too - I've been pairing mine with daily dry brushing and I can tell you it works. In terms of which workouts you can do, I'd say consistency is the proverbial magic pill. I'd give it at least three months of consistent rotations. You could do the AIS I rotation for 4 weeks, then AIS II for another 4 weeks and then either the beach body or the method deep rotation - those are all free workouts.

If you want to focus on your lower body you could do any of the above plus half a lower body "matic" for at least six weeks. If you want to try some of the paid workouts you could get one of the later courses (that have cardio built in - 3, 4 or 5) and add your half matic afterwards.

MATICS DETOX:
If you do halfsies... it's 6 weeks.. if you do the matics in full its 3 weeks 5/6x a week.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
butt, halfsies, hamelin, hamelin d'abell, hamelin d'abell method, hdm, matics, thighmatics