Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-13-15, 05:59 PM  
yahoo205

Hamelin D'abell Method MATICS Bodymatics Reviews Opinions?

I just did it and it was good but not hard. I don't have ankle weights though.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 09:08 AM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

I've done Bodymatics and liked it. It really is great for an introduction to his method as he starts with Abs, then back, arms and shoulders ends with legs. My only wish is that he would be in a well lighted environment. You definitely can make the leg portion harder by adding ankle weights and heavier hand weights. I love it as he is an excellent instructor, it does help that you are familiar with TA or similar instructors.
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 09:21 AM  
Suzan66

I want to get this one this Fall.. I'm still having a love affair with Thighmatics right now.

Are you doing it as a detox?
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 10:19 AM  
yahoo205

i was hoping bodymatics would be a LOT more intense. Hopefully Bodymatics II will be.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 11:07 AM  
Coastal Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzan66 View Post
I want to get this one this Fall.. I'm still having a love affair with Thighmatics right now.

Are you doing it as a detox?
I want to get Bodymatics this fall also. I'm just starting with Thighmatics1, Glutematics and Course 5. How often are you doing Thighmatics and are you seeing results??? Are you doing 1 or 2?
Thanks
Coastal Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 11:28 AM  
LaCatrina

I'm yet to try bodymatics in full, but I did the arms section and I really liked it. As all the other matics, it is a high rep workout (40+ reps for some moves).

Hard I guess is a very relative thing, and it partially might have to do with how good one is able to perform the moves with strict/correct form using the proper weight. With this type of workouts (Lotte Berk/Callanetics/Pilates/yoga based) this is more important - it's easy to end up swinging your arms or legs or letting your center to cave and lose some of the intended benefits.

I personally got my most visible results while doing webisode 1, which is comprised by an hour of hi-lo aerobics and a very pleasant toning portion for another hour, done in a rotation that didn't include over a hour of work a day for a month.

Sure Hamelin has produced some definitely hard workouts - thighmatics 2, the new glutematics, some of the classes, but the puke in the bucket, b@lls to the wall element isn't something that he goes for, not in all the material of his I've done so far. Sure they're intense, but it's more in the deep into the muscles kind of way. I have a strong background in classical dance and yoga, so I appreciate how his moves are designed and sequenced to be effective, without leaving me wiped or super hungry

ETA - No idea if there will be a bodymatics 2, btw

Maria - I have to agree with you, I had a bit of a hard time figuring out where his hands were pointing at during one of the arm exercises. I could fix it by adding more light in my computer media player
Old 07-14-15, 11:42 AM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Rebecca,

So true, I'm a newbie with HDM and will try adding more light in by my TV. I felt all of the portions of moves enough to start with as a full length "Thighmatics or Glutematics" would be just too much for me without losing my form. Bodymatics is perfect as 15 minutes of each section is enough to keep my form without being in pain. As for ankle weights no thank you, just not ready for that yet.
Old 07-14-15, 11:50 AM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwelters View Post
Rebecca,

So true, I'm a newbie with HDM and will try adding more light in by my TV. I felt all of the portions of moves enough to start with as a full length "Thighmatics or Glutematics" would be just too much for me without losing my form. Bodymatics is perfect as 15 minutes of each section is enough to keep my form without being in pain. As for ankle weights no thank you, just not ready for that yet.
Oh totally! It's far better to master the reps with the strictest form you can - you reduce the chances for injury and you can develop the necessary strength and control to go further Remember you can always split the matics, or use some sections as frequent add-ons. I like doing the waist section of absmatics (the first 10 min or so) often along with the armatics taster - specially after those days when I work sitting down for long hours
Old 07-14-15, 12:05 PM  
Suzan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Girl View Post
I want to get Bodymatics this fall also. I'm just starting with Thighmatics1, Glutematics and Course 5. How often are you doing Thighmatics and are you seeing results??? Are you doing 1 or 2?
Thanks
I started it June 1st and did it 5x a week for 3 weeks. Now I'm doing it in full once and split up 2x along with his YT sets and yoga. Seeing a lot of improvement in my legs (esp saddle bag area). I've been asked if I've lost weight by 3 different ppl (only 2#s) so I'm definitely pulling in.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 02:54 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

I purchased SW#2 and downloaded it last night, so this is will be my work out tonight. Not the entire 90 minutes but first half.

Tags
butt, halfsies, hamelin, hamelin d'abell, hamelin d'abell method, hdm, matics, thighmatics