Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-12-14, 04:23 PM  
marmact

How easy is it to make an insurance claim and get your money back, though? Does anyone know or have experience with that? (Pie, I saw your story; did they give you a hard time?)

The reason I ask is I know I have heard in the past of people being made to jump through all kinds of hoops in order to get reimbursed for lost packages. However, I can't remember if the carrier was USPS, UPS, or someone else. But I know I always think of that when they ask me if I want insurance.
Old 02-12-14, 04:25 PM  
LCC
VF Supporter

I would report it anyway, just because it was so odd.

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/i...MailTheft.aspx
LCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 04:33 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Wow, such weird stories!! Colleen, sorry to hear you're out on your trade, and the contact lenses! I can only presume the thief had some sort of mental illness... I mean, really. Contact lenses?? How is that even useful to someone else?
I was thinking maybe those got sold. People will sell/buy anything these days!

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 04:36 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Wow, such weird stories!! Colleen, sorry to hear you're out on your trade, and the contact lenses! I can only presume the thief had some sort of mental illness... I mean, really. Contact lenses?? How is that even useful to someone else?
I was thinking the same thing.

The news has been reporting people that steal packages left by UPS.

Colleen, I would still report it. Do you have the envelope with the handwritten address? They probably won't do anything about it but it seems that handwriting could be analyzed.
Old 02-12-14, 04:39 PM  
shoegoddess

I had a pair of Ryks shoes stolen. Ebay seller refunded and I guess she submitted a claim. The package showed "Out For Delivery" but that was as far as tracking went.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 04:49 PM  
momofcha

I actually sent a workout set back on Jan 15 - tracking is still showing that it's in Des Moines somewhere with an expected delivery of Jan 21. I'm guessing I'm having the same issue and I can kiss my $120 return good bye. Lesson learned here as well.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 04:55 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Oh Shammy, I'm sorry!

LCC- Thank you for the link, when I have the time I think I'm going to check that out and report it. Even if they can't or won't do anything, at least they will have the story in case something similar happens. The trader said she plans to mail the envelope she got when she returns the other two Meso's, so I'll have that in hand hopefully soon.
Old 02-12-14, 04:57 PM  
mtngoat

Is there any possibility that the package had been damaged, perhaps part of the contents lost, and the rest re-packaged and sent on? I know Canada Post has an area which does this to damaged mail (I saw a show where one of The Barenaked Ladies was doing odd jobs for a day - this was one). I would expect that there would be some indication on the package that this had been undertaken, however.

If not that, very weird! Sorry it happened to you.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 05:10 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
Is there any possibility that the package had been damaged, perhaps part of the contents lost, and the rest re-packaged and sent on? I know Canada Post has an area which does this to damaged mail (I saw a show where one of The Barenaked Ladies was doing odd jobs for a day - this was one). I would expect that there would be some indication on the package that this had been undertaken, however.

i've received mail like this - it gets damaged in transit, and the PO stamps it as such, and they repackage it as best as they can.

fortunately, i didn't lose anything, even in the worst of damages! in some cases, even after the PO repackaged it, i was surprised that the contents were complete. their repackaging skills left a lot to be desired!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 05:21 PM  
GeekyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post

I once sent a DVD as part of a trade, and the DVD was totally destroyed by the time it got to my trade partner (who was super nice about it). Apparently the package had gotten mangled despite my careful wrapping, and the postal service bundled it back up and sent it on. I guess you never know when sending something off through the mail.

Last edited by GeekyGirl; 02-12-14 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Fixing a typo
GeekyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
package insurance, usps