Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-04-14, 07:09 AM  
sherry7899

anyone have trouble with deliveries from Amazon yesterday

I was expecting a package from Amazon yesterday. It was listed as "out for delivery" and then the tracking said something about there not being anyone "authorized" to leave the package with. We were home. We did get a lot of snow. My DH saw the mail truck go up and down our street a few times yesterday, but we did not receive any mail at all.

The tracking later said the package was available for pick up, but there was not a slip left in our mailbox. I hope they attempt delivery again today since the roads are a little better.

I understand if they could not make deliveries due to the weather, but that is really odd that they'd said packages are available for pick up (which I hate, since they go to a post office across town where we never go) and there was no slip left in our mailbox.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 08:02 AM  
PeakFitness

I had something from Amazon left at the door yesterday, no problems. No snow either.
Old 02-04-14, 08:13 AM  
sherry7899

I'm glad you did not have problems. A sweet VF friend sent me a package directly from Amazon which was supposed to arrive yesterday, and the tracking info for that package had that same info-no one authorized to leave the delivery. Amazon packages do not need to be signed for. Another item I ordered directly from Amazon had the same message.

I think our carrier just did not bother to deliver yesterday.

Sherry

Old 02-04-14, 09:21 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I think our carrier just did not bother to deliver yesterday.

Sherry
Neither did ours. I was expecting an amazon package and an ebay package. The ebay package is from a town about 45 min away and it's taken 5 days so far...

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 09:24 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I've been having problems with Amazon deliveries for about six months - including yesterday.

Usually the trouble is with the stinkin' USPS, but my failed delivery this time was UPS.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 09:49 AM  
sherry7899

Alta-I have read about your delivery issues. I am so sorry! I hope if they switch Amazon deliveries to UPS that you will get all your packages on time.

I actually got a human being by phone at the post office, which is usually impossible. She said they should be delivering yesterday's mail today.

Sue, I hope your packages arrive today. I had ordered a bunch of cds from Amazon that I'm really looking forward to playing (Tedeschi Trucks band for any music geeks).

Sherry

Old 02-04-14, 12:04 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Since the Polar Vortex (or whatever that icy weather mess was called), our UPS packages have been taking at least a day longer, no matter who the sender is. Tracking in the UPS website will usually say Out For Deluvery, and then later be updated that there is a delay due to prior weather conditions.

I think it's a bit silly that they still haven't caught up here in Dallas. The icy weather was like a month ago or longer! Our local news did a story on the UPS backlog a couple of weeks ago.
Old 02-04-14, 12:29 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
I think it's a bit silly that they still haven't caught up here in Dallas. The icy weather was like a month ago or longer! Our local news did a story on the UPS backlog a couple of weeks ago.
That's a good point too - I sent something out from IL on 1/15 - and it's still stuck in Des Moines..... very frustrating!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 12:33 PM  
sunday

I got my delivery yesterday with no issues.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 03:24 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

I actually got my Amazon delivery yesterday--a day earlier than expected!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, usps