Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Polls
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you completed Cathe's STS strength rotation?
I have completed STS once. 27 27.27%
I have completed STS more than once. 14 14.14%
I started STS, but didn't complete the rotation. 22 22.22%
I own STS, but have never started it. 7 7.07%
No interest in STS whatsoever. 29 29.29%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-12, 11:22 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
For the ones that have tried it, did you do all the pretesting and micro loading and all that?
I posted this in another thread:

"Oh, I skipped the test. Blah blah blah. If had taken the time to do the testing, I never would have gotten started. It's kind of a waste of time as your strength changes from Meso to Meso.

Plus, the test doesn't take into account day-to-day variances in energy and ability.

I did it MY way (and still had great results)."

ETA: When STS first came out, I naturally said, "No way!"

Then, my DEXA bone scan showed even more bone loss so I decided to give STS a try. I got it at a good price from another VFer. I ended up liking it and did rebuild some bone mass from heavy lifting.

The motto being - Never Say Never.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-12, 11:47 AM  
klutze01

Alta, can you give us more details on "your way"? I do want to give STS a try someday but I really feel overwhelmed by it. If I had some ideas on how to make it less cumbersome, I would be more likely to try it.
Old 05-06-12, 01:40 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klutze01 View Post
Alta, can you give us more details on "your way"? I do want to give STS a try someday but I really feel overwhelmed by it. If I had some ideas on how to make it less cumbersome, I would be more likely to try it.
Here is my post describing my STS adventure:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=154081

Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-12, 09:03 PM  
Vee

Great poll topic. So often we vidiots can get caught up in the excitement of a new release and it is good to know what percentage who buy a set actually complete a rotation.

I picked the last option. I believe in the STS style of lifting (or at least incorporating weight training as a permanent component of a fitness routine). I will not get the set because I would pick a gym for weight trainning.

I started lifting at home with Cathe, before decided to try a gym. There are pros and cons to both approaches, but I prefer the gym for weight training because I dont need to maintain all that equipment at home. I also like using machines to complement free weights. It is easier to lift heavier in a gym because of spotting assistance and racks.

I do think STS is a great program. The breakdowns used to be available at Cathe's site (not sure if they are there now) and I tried doing some of the workouts at the gym, "on my own", when STS was new. My favorite is Meso 2.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-12, 10:48 AM  
Indy

I'm currently using STS for the first time. I just completed Meso 1 and I'm doing my 1 week active recovery.

I bought STS at the pre sale years ago - tried 1 Rep Max testing and just couldn't complete all that. Huge time investment when I just wanted to work out. So - didn't bother with it and shelved STS.

I was guilt ridden for years - so I decided - forget the 1 Rep Max. I removed the impediment and got going. I wasn't sorry. I'm completely loving STS!!!
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-12, 11:05 AM  
daisyfit

I love Sts. I've done a full round and used Sts 2 and plyo legs exclusively when I was preparing to enter a bikini competition. I love this programme. I'm now doing a barefoot workout challenge for the next few months but I can see myself going back to Sts in winter time.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-12, 11:31 AM  
Cammie-Cam

I got through two weeks and it was a wrap. I seriously don't know what I was thinking with all of the equipment needed and the micro-loading gloves and quick changes and whatnot. I gained weight, was hungry all the time. Sold them on amazon.
Cammie-Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-12, 05:44 PM  
zippity

I"m on Meso 3, week 3. Almost there, whee!

Alta, thanks for the link to your STS thread! I so very much agree about the "not fun" aspect of STS, although I plan to keep doing rotations because the strength gains have been considerable.

Another good STS rotation could be "STS" lite or "STS halfsies."
zippity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-12, 09:19 AM  
kaylasmom321

I am currently on round 4 of STS. I do enjoy it, but I definitely need a break from it after a round!! (Meso 3 always wears me out) Then I'll go back to my other loved workouts for a while, then will want to start back up with it again.
kaylasmom321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-12, 01:23 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I completed it once. I can't see making that length of a commitment to do the whole thing again in the near future, but I may do a single meso cycle. I really got tired of the same ol' stretch segment.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe friedrich, cathe sts, ganglion cyst, halfsies, sts, sts weights