Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-17-21, 08:52 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Cathe's Perfect Pump 30 (Upper Body), which was good. I can see getting lots of use out of this one!

Since getting new shelving for DVD storage, I've been reorganizing my workouts the last few days and things finally look good! It's taken some time to take everything off of the shelves and rearrange them. I mostly have items in order by instructor, and then title (alphabetically) with a few separate categories (Kettlebells, Pilates, Yoga, Qi Gong/Tai Chi, and Fusion.) I was trying to decide if I wanted to put Leslie Sansone alphabetically by instructor or create a walking category, for her. The way everything is arranged some of my most used instructors (by first name) ended up being on top shelves or at eye level. In one shelf, 10 Minute Solutions and 30 Minutes to Fitness (Kelly Coffey-Myer) is up top, with Cathe in the 2nd and 3rd shelves below her. On another case, Jessica is at the top shelf, with Leslie on the second shelf below that. In another case I have categories...Kettlebells, Pilates and Yoga. I will have to take some pictures if I can figure out how to post them.

Night all!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-21, 08:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Lively Ladies - Improve Strength at Home
Lively Ladies - Relaxing Cool Down and Stretch

The strength workout was more challenging than it would appear just from watching it - I'm finding that to be the case w/ many of the LL workouts.

These are hitting the spot for me right now in terms of feeling like I worked out, but I'm not totally wiped out.

Pam - I really enjoy organizing things like that!! LOL!

waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-21, 07:40 PM  
Leonana

Today was yard work and house cleaning. Then I did Beth/Toaster's Embrace the Awkward/Yoga Class for Feeling Unbalanced. I enjoyed it, there were some new to me balance moves in it. And I felt stretched afterwards.

Pam, I love to organize, that sounds like fun! I'd love to see pictures. I only have about 35 dvds, so I have just one dvd tower, although it is full. I would like to have a narrow bookcase with more room instead, but haven't found one. I have a pic in my profile album.

Donna, I'm glad the LL workouts hit the spot for you. I'll have to incorporate some in next week. I like the abbreviation for it, it makes it easy to type!
Old 09-19-21, 10:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

This morning I did some CS and Pilates -

CS 1210
Pilates - Quick Full Body Pilates Workout - The Balanced Life (You Tube)

I may walk later -

Robin/The Balanced Life starts a 5 day Pilates challenge tomorrow - I was thinking of doing that plus CS in the morning and then in the afternoon do a walk or other workout. With any luck, work will be quieting down and I can try to get lunch time workouts in.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 09-19-21, 05:57 PM  
Leonana

Rest day today, I just couldn’t get motivated.

We did get some more rain yesterday, so that was nice.

I hope everyone is having a nice Sunday.
Old 09-19-21, 08:19 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

No workout for me on Sunday. I pulled a back/shoulder muscle last night and decided to take it easy today. Tried an epsom salts bath and hope that helps me sleep tonight!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 08:42 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did end up taking a walk with my Golden and I also did a few of Ellen's short yoga workouts - Affirmative Flow and Yoga Mat Work.

Today, so far, has been:

CS 1211 -
Robin's Challenge Day # 1

Both were nice workouts to start the day. I want to get something else in today. Just not sure what!

Sherry - I have been suffering from low motivation lately as well. I am not sure what is up with me!

Pam - I hope your should/back feels better!

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii and Liz!

Donna
Old 09-20-21, 06:50 PM  
Leonana

Today I did WS 1 Total Body. I used 6 and 8 pounds, and I was fine. I think I’ll wait until next week, and try a L&S workout. I really like this Total Body workout, there isn’t a lot of bent over moves, so it’s easier on my lower back. I did have to sub the crunches as usual.

Pam, I’m sorry to hear about your pulled muscle. I hope it’s better.

Donna, I think it’s stress from current events. I notice when I’m really stressed, my motivation goes out the window.
Old 09-20-21, 11:42 PM  
lizh

Hi all,

I did a couple of long walks with my dog over the weekend. There is a huge hill in my neighborhood and the weather was cool enough to take it on. I always feel so accomplished when I go that way.

Today I tried a Lively Ladies. I liked it and enjoyed her accent. I wanted to try a light weight workout but must have clicked the wrong one because I ended up with a low impact cardio. I didn't want to start over since I was 5 minutes in so I went with it. It felt good to do something. I'm trying to get back in the groove!

Sherry, whenever I do WS1 Total Body I get serious DOMS. Not sure what it is that gets me! I hope you are feeling better.

Donna, sorry to hear that your motivation is low. Looks like you are getting some good workouts in!

Pam, hope the pulled muscle feels better soon.

I have to go in to the office tomorrow. Ugh. The meeting I have to go to isn't until 1:30 so it shouldn't be too bad. It will be very exciting to wear "real" clothes for a change.

take care,
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-21, 08:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did some add ons:

Dog walk at lunch - it wasn't very strenuous as my dog likes to stop and sniff everywhere.

Lucy Wyndham Read - 14 Min Workout for Better Health -this was a typical Lucy workout - body weight exercises. She did 14 moves for 50 seconds on/10 seconds off. She did it in split screen with a seated version on one side.

Yoga w/ Bird - Lower Body/Hip stretches

Today, so far has been:

CS 1212
Robin Long/The Balanced Life Challenge Day 2 - I enjoyed this one!

I will aim for more activity today as well.

I'm thinking w/ my low motivation that doing short add ons is key.

Sherry - good job! Yes, I think stress is a factor. Honestly, sometimes I wish my DD went away to college - I feel we need some separation! I'm not sure what is going on w/ her she has a male friend and they have been hanging out endlessly for the last several weeks, so I'm not sure if their relationship has changed or not - but I sort of think so b/c he goes w/ her to watch her ride her horse and he went w/ her to tack shop...anyway - they are spending a lot of time together - like Friday, Sat, Sun - all day - and of course now I'm having all this parental worry about her spending too much time w/ him, not focusing enough on school and the other goals she had set for herself (like getting a job, volunteering, etc.), not making new friends at her new school, etc. etc. I mean, I know it is a part of growing up and I'm hesitant to say anything b/c she hasn't had much opportunity to socialize at all due to the pandemic and her social anxiety but I also hate to see her spending so much time w/ one person - what happen when he decides to transfer (right now he is at community college and I assume will move on to another school afterwards) I know we have to let kids make mistakes and learn life lessons, but it is so much easier if you are not there to witness it. When I was her age I was away at school and my parents, for good or bad, did not know much about my day to day life. On the other hand I do tell myself they are good kids, she does seem to generally have a good head on her shoulders, etc. But I also know it is easy to get tied up in these relationships and then lose sight of your own plans - I think it is a normal part of growing up but I'd rather not witness it, LOL!

Liz -I'm not fond wearing real clothes at all these days -it feels so confining! I like to wear workout clothes when I work from home!

Waves, Pam and wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy