Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-15-21, 11:28 AM  
Vantreesta

I really really want to get back to a good routine. I feel like a helium balloon that lost its tether! So I decided I want to just go ahead this week and finish all the decorating except for my cemetery in the yard since hubby needs to mow still. That part won't take long to do the first week of October. If I can get everything up maybe my brain will shut up about the excitement and just enjoy it all so I can focus on other things!

Cheryl, I'm glad the link worked. Yes, I have way more Halloween stuff than a normal person should have! Honestly my reasons for putting everything up so early are multiple. One is to enjoy it all for longer, two is that it takes so long to do it makes sense to have it up longer, and three is so that it reminds me early how much stuff I have to hopefully curb more buying!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 01:10 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 52 minutes on the elliptical. I took Monday off as we decided to drive to the Shenandoah National Park with a couple of friends to have a picnic and share a bottle of wine and enjoy the view. It was so nice and peaceful and a good break from the usual. It was also at least 10 degrees cooler than in town.

Yesterday we went to the movies for the first time since before the pandemic. It was nice to see the big screen again. I wore my mask the whole time and the theater was very clean and uncrowded. We saw the new Marvel movie The Legend of Ten Rings. It was good!

Karjoy - I have way too many bands of all strengths and lengths, and even more now with the Boss Bands and Boss Loops. I actually used to think I preferred Total Body Weight and Bands over Travel Fit but when I was doing TF this week I realized I liked TF better. It felt a bit harder and like you said, there is a small cardio factor.

Vannie - That is quite a display you've got going there.

Cher - I've never heard of that cake before. It looks seriously sinful.

Gibbee - I hope all is well with you.

Have a good day, all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 09:16 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: 3 mile run. Back to work after having 9 days off. Sigh… really not too bad though.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-21, 05:37 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was LITE Cardio Party Calorie Crush premix, Perfect Pump Chest & Triceps, and LITE Pyramid Pump Shoulders.

Vannie - I get the putting up your Halloween stuff so early. I have so much Christmas stuff that I like to have it all up usually by Thanksgiving so I can enjoy it before I have to do all that work to take it down.

JBliff - Your day to Shenandoah sounds so nice! Glad you went to the movies. We went to the movies about a month ago for the first time since before the pandemic. There was hardly anybody in the theater so I felt perfectly comfortable without my mask on since they have the recliners (it holds less people) and nobody was near us at all. I think there were maybe 6 people total including us.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-21, 07:54 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk with DH in the morning and 40 minutes on the elliptical in the afternoon. Wednesday's workout was LITE Stacked Sets Lower Body + Xtrain All Out Low Impact Hiit.

Cher - Wow, quite a mishmosh of workouts for you yesterday. It looked like fun. I think there were no more than 10 people in the theater when we went, and we also had those nice big recliners.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 09-17-21, 08:50 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Rest day yesterday and 4 mile run today. We’ve had 2 days where it looked like rain with low ranging clouds and even some thunder but no rain.

Guys we are getting some cooler weather next weekend. Yippeee! Even if it does not last it will be a nice change.

Jbliff and Cher, DH and I want to go to the movies soon too. I can’t go during the week but several patients have told me that if you go to the earliest matinee on Saturday morning there is almost no one there. I guess the theater employees have been able to deep down clean too. Jbliff 10 degrees cooler in Shenandoah sounds wonderful.

Vannie I was able to view some of your Halloween displays. They are awesome! What a great imagination you have. Are you an artist by trade?

Cher I have been meaning to ask how you and your DH have adjusted to his retirement.

Gibbee thinking of you.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-21, 05:51 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Inner Dimension TV Flexibility and Beyond Hips. My subscription for this expires Monday and wanted to get this one in one last time. It is so good for my hips. I wish it was on dvd but I’m not renewing my subscription. I got it last year for 50% off but I really don’t use it enough to pay full price.

Karen - I bet you are looking forward to some cooler weather. We will be about 75 for a high today and 78 tomorrow. I’m trying to enjoy it since by Tuesday we will only have a high of 67 and into more fall like temperatures.
I guess I’m getting used to DH being retired. Sometimes it’s nice to just go do somethings without worrying about him having to work. However, I do wish he would find a hobby outside of the house. Sometimes, I would just like to have a day or evening back where I can just have the house and the tv to myself. When he cuts grass once a week (about 1-1/2 hrs), I try to enjoy my alone time. When winter comes I won’t get to be alone in the house unless we get a snowstorm and he has to clear the driveway.

We watched Cruella on Disney + last night. I was surprised how good it was. It was nothing like I was expecting it to be based on the previews. Presently surprised! We both enjoyed it.

Waves JBliff, Gibbee & Vannie!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-21, 08:00 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was LITE Pyramid total body up only premix + Sara Ivanhoe's Yoga on the Ball.

Cher - Too funny about waiting for your DH to cut the grass or clear the driveway. Do you have another room you can go to for some alone time? As I mentioned before, sometimes DH and I don't even see each other for hours at a time because we are in two different rooms on different floors. Interesting about Cruella. The reviews were so negative so I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Karjoy - I don't mind watching the more subdued movies on TV but for an action movie you really have to see it in the theater, IMO. We do try to go to the first showing of the day so the theater doesn't have the chance to get dirty.

We're getting a slight cooldown here too. We're in the low 80s instead of 90s so I'll take it.

Have a good weekend, everyone.
Old 09-18-21, 04:46 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Karen. You should see the village displays some people have. There are people who have way more than I do! The buildings aren't cheap so usually I don't buy till later in the season but of course the ones I want most go the fastest so I bought a few early this year. I don't know how to answer if I'm an artist! I used to draw a lot, I used to make jewelry and I crochet, but I don't consider myself super creative. Generally the ideas in my head lose a lot in translation!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote