Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-03-21, 10:15 PM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, nice job keeping with the rotation and subbing as needed! Thanks. I stewed in a pool of pity party for a while today about my calf and another headache but finally shook it off and did PT stuff while I watched Beat Shazam. The calf is still tight but I'm hoping to try my short run on the elliptical tmrw where there won't be impact.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 11:20 AM  
Vantreesta

Goals set, spreadsheets printed and I'm marking them off for the first three days, feeling better and calmer already!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 08-05-21, 12:10 AM  
Leonana

I did Walk Strong 1 Prehab routine. I am really tired today. I think I overdid it with Lift and Shift, yard work and house work. I’m 61, and have never been good at endurance anyway. I’m going back to two L&S strength workouts per week. I can manage that. I’m just anal about following rotations, so it’s hard!

Vannie, I’m glad you are better!
Old 08-05-21, 07:41 AM  
MathTeacher

Vannie, I am glad you are better. Don't you just love a good spreadsheet???

Sherry, I agree about rotations. I want to follow them exactly as they are printed but I very rarely follow through.

Katie, What's new with you?

We go back to work tomorrow. We have 6 days of inservice. Luckily our principal sees the importance of giving us time to work in our rooms. I've had principals in the past who would make us sit in the freezing cafeteria for days with no time in our rooms. His response was "You can come up here Saturday and Sunday."
Old 08-05-21, 01:23 PM  
Catahoula Cate

MT, so hard to believe school already! I'm so glad you have a principal now who sees the sense in allowing you to have time in your rooms. How is your hip doing?

Sherry, That's great all the projects you get done in your home and outside. Good job on the work outs too. I don't have much endurance either. I have to work on things in small segments.

Vannie, glad you got your spreadsheet done. It took me years to get one going. I know I'd ask you and MT for advice on how to get one organized. Now I rely on it so much and it's so helpful.

I'm late to getting on the thread this month. I'm hoping for August to be a calmer, cooler and a wetter month. We are still relying on two window AC's instead of our central air. It's better than it was certainly but my exercise/office room still gets pretty hot...as it's on a second floor. The last few days of July we had a wildland fire a few miles from us. Had the wind come from another direction, our house could've been easily threatened. But it made a big run in another direction. Thankfully lots of resources were on it quickly and it was out in a few days. No one lost any homes or livestock. It was very unsettling though and took a while to decompress from that but the fire danger is still unusually high so everyone is keeping an eye out.
I've been doing my exercises and working on youtube videos. I've decided that Citizen Athletics is on my top list for info and exercise resources. Redefining Strength is still strong too. I really like Guerilla Zen Fitness a lot but they don't post much anymore ever since the pandemic.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-21, 01:36 PM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys! Still around and working out, just haven't felt like posting, I guess. Not sure totally why, although I think some of it may be bc I have a whole list of things every time I workout!

Feeling lazy and aimless lately. I need to get a plan together and get back on track. I did so much better in May and June!

Old 08-13-21, 03:57 PM  
Leonana

I'm still doing Lift and Shift, although I've pared it down to two strength workouts per week. I just can't do three, and keep up with housework and yardwork. I also can't do floor ab work, so those are out. And I don't like the Mobility workouts. That kind of eliminates a third of it, lol.

But on my light weight day, I've been trying other instructors. Last Friday was a Lively Ladies strength workout. Today was a Senior Shape Strength workout. I liked both of them. Lively Ladies does low impact cardio with light weights and high reps. Senior Shape was just strength, but with 8 pounds and it moved slower. I really liked this one, and it felt challenging. I'd like to work up to heavier weights.

Vannie, you do have a long list of workouts! But good job on doing them all.
Old 08-14-21, 07:25 PM  
Vantreesta

Got my new run schedule so I'm feeling a little more excited now that I can plan out the next 10 weeks! The base training plan had me doing short runs 4 days a week and the actual race training plan has 3 days a week, which is what I generally aimed for before I started using this app so I'm happy about that. Hoping it will help me not try to pack so much into a day!

Old 08-16-21, 01:22 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, do you have some races coming up this Fall? Your training schedule sounds like a nice goal.

Sherry, awesome that you're able to balance work outs with yardwork and housework. I wish I could be that organized but for now, not so much.

MT, how are things with you? School now in session full time?

I haven't posted much as our summer has been a pretty frenetic pace. It feels like things are starting to tone down a little except for the fire danger. The next few days will be "fire watch" days with heat, wind and very low humidity(like 10% or so). Continued prayers for rain for the whole region.

Workout wise, I've been doing my exercises, and taking dogs for walks. I have somehow managed to lose about 3-4 lbs so I'm kind of excited about that! I'm going to try very hard to keep that ball rolling. I continue to see the Physical therapist that specializes in myofascial release once or twice a month. I'm so fortunate to have come across her. She's been really helpful in helping me find and free up restrictions(or blind spots as Jill Miller would say) that were effecting my range of motion. We still have a little more work to do but I feel good about it and I'm getting more out of my exercises. yay!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 01:33 PM  
Vantreesta

Katie, glad you're continuing to see improvement! I found a YouTube channel called Movement Parallels Life that has a lot of mobility stuff. I've watched several videos but haven't actually tried them. I chose a few to add in over the next week or two.

Fire danger is bad here too. My dad heard there have already been 100 wildfires in MN this year. We are nearing the worst drought in MN history. It's surprising how green things still are considering that. Northern MN is worse than where we are but we still need rain.

There's a tough trail race in late Oct that I'm hoping to do, but we still haven't been able to choose a time for Mom's celebration of life so I figured if I train and can't do it there's no harm done!

Today already went off the rails as of last night when I realized the kennel forgot to put Cyric's collar for his muzzle in his bag so had to run up to get that this morning (we were at my father-in-law's for the weekend). Then I realized I still had a roast in the fridge that I hadn't cut in half and frozen so I decided we would have roast for supper so took time to get that in the crockpot with veggies. The kitchen was a mess so I cleaned that up. I had planned to pull weeds this morning while the garden was still in shadows bc the landscapers are supposed to come Wednesday to clean up some areas beyond my ability and I would hate to have that little patch look as awful as it does when that's smthg I can handle! Anyway, sun is out full force and it's 80 degrees already so I guess that will have to happen tmrw morning.