Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-28-21, 12:55 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

ditto.. some are a bit over the top on the walk walk walk duck talk.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 08:23 PM  
Bluebelle

I avoid the bat cave and solo workouts too.
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 08:41 PM  
Vantreesta

The bat cave doesn't bother me. But my basement gym is also painted dark: one wall chocolate, one olive and two rust orange.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 07:06 AM  
bethellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
The bat cave doesn't bother me. But my basement gym is also painted dark: one wall chocolate, one olive and two rust orange.
I don't like dark colors (picture me in pink, purple, anything bright ), but wow that sounds really awesome!
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 08:16 AM  
Vantreesta

I dreamed about it for years and when we finally finished the basement hubby said do your gym how you want! I love it!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 12:44 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
I have a lot of Leslie Sansone workouts collected over the years, and I have 2-3 that I realized lately I don't like very much because of the set that was used. The background is black, and the entire feeling is kind of "dark". The workouts are the same old thing and the music is fine, but most days I just can't tolerate the darkness. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Or am I just nuts?
I am sure we all "get it" it, if not on this background, then atleast one way or another. There seem to be so much "nuance" (is that the right word), besides the workout itself that make us enjoy it or be drawn to it, happy or concert backgounds (saying those as opposites), (I am weird, but even enjoy fake beach backgounds, lol),
lighting, voices, good modifiers that don't do the most lame moves possible are one of my things- but I love workouts that have like 3 options of levels because that helps me do a whole workout.
Definately the instructor's personality (Leslie and black backgrounds just do not make a good team that makes sense, she is the cheerful, lets all go on a walk together in the sunshine, vibe, so dark would be like going on that walk at midnight. haha (and making too much noise while people sleep in their houses. (too visual, but I think a vibe can send a story, maybe like that to our subconscious...... (yes, I get on my own nerves, sorry)
Jessica Smith seems to do everything right for me. I say that too much, but since I started being able to do her workouts several years ago, I haven't found too many others i can follow. I don't feel very good doing her yoga, so I follow others for that. I do like some of the older cheerful backgound workouts that show 3 levels. I think Ellen has done that and the other girl whose name escapes me that did one of those "choose your level" workouts. I think Ellen even did it in her Prevention Bell whatever workouts.
i still love Leslie. The only reason I don't do her's much these days is I did them with my mom daily, and it just hurts (she is still alive, but is in a nursing home with dementia- I did get her to dance the other day to some music they had outside while we held both hands.). That was a special time for us and we got a little closer and we'd never been close.
But Leslie is great in the right environment. They were probably trying to give it more of a modern concert look like so many tried for a while.

Sorry I rambled. I felt the feels of what you were talking about!! Blessings! (and you don't have to feel compelled to do every one of her workouts. They have some of hers on youtube now, even under her channel)

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 01:32 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
I am sure we all "get it" it, if not on this background, then atleast one way or another. There seem to be so much "nuance" (is that the right word), besides the workout itself that make us enjoy it or be drawn to it, happy or concert backgounds (saying those as opposites), (I am weird, but even enjoy fake beach backgounds, lol),
lighting, voices, good modifiers that don't do the most lame moves possible are one of my things- but I love workouts that have like 3 options of levels because that helps me do a whole workout.
Definately the instructor's personality (Leslie and black backgrounds just do not make a good team that makes sense, she is the cheerful, lets all go on a walk together in the sunshine, vibe, so dark would be like going on that walk at midnight. haha (and making too much noise while people sleep in their houses. (too visual, but I think a vibe can send a story, maybe like that to our subconscious...... (yes, I get on my own nerves, sorry)
Jessica Smith seems to do everything right for me. I say that too much, but since I started being able to do her workouts several years ago, I haven't found too many others i can follow. I don't feel very good doing her yoga, so I follow others for that. I do like some of the older cheerful backgound workouts that show 3 levels. I think Ellen has done that and the other girl whose name escapes me that did one of those "choose your level" workouts. I think Ellen even did it in her Prevention Bell whatever workouts.
i still love Leslie. The only reason I don't do her's much these days is I did them with my mom daily, and it just hurts (she is still alive, but is in a nursing home with dementia- I did get her to dance the other day to some music they had outside while we held both hands.). That was a special time for us and we got a little closer and we'd never been close.
But Leslie is great in the right environment. They were probably trying to give it more of a modern concert look like so many tried for a while.

Sorry I rambled. I felt the feels of what you were talking about!! Blessings! (and you don't have to feel compelled to do every one of her workouts. They have some of hers on youtube now, even under her channel)
Jenilu, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. You explained it well. I guess that's why I click with Jessica and do mostly her workouts. She seems to do everything right for me.

I do have a couple of Leslie dvd's with the bright sets and the larger crowd with her. I prefer those, they seem more cheerful and motivating.
Old 07-29-21, 01:53 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I don't like Leslie solo workouts too much, I prefer when she is with a group.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr41_8QOTF8&t=256s Is this the bat cave setting?

---------

Jenilu, I am sorry too about your mom, it is understable that you don't feel like doing Leslie wos now since it brings up so many emotions, hugs.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 02:06 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I don't like Leslie solo workouts too much, I prefer when she is with a group.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr41_8QOTF8&t=256s Is this the bat cave setting?

---------

Jenilu, I am sorry too about your mom, it is understable that you don't feel like doing Leslie wos now since it brings up so many emotions, hugs.
xoxo Thankyou <3

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
Old 07-29-21, 02:11 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Jenilu, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. You explained it well. I guess that's why I click with Jessica and do mostly her workouts. She seems to do everything right for me.

I do have a couple of Leslie dvd's with the bright sets and the larger crowd with her. I prefer those, they seem more cheerful and motivating.
Even with Jessica's kinda darker workouts, there was scenery outside (the youtube ones) and it didn't bother me. her cuing is the absolute best for me too. I always thought I was just never gonna be in shape enough to do slightly harder workouts til I realized, atleast with my personality, it totally had to do with cuing and environment. I do still have limitations, but I get a lot further than I would otherwise.

Thank y'all. Totally wasn't trying to turn this around. I still, very much like Leslie.

Tags
background exercisers, bat cave, leslie, leslie sansone, settings