Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-15-21, 05:55 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Thursday to All.

My workouts have been sporadic but I plan to do the new CL today.

Kate- Hang in there!

Chel- I am sending good vibes your way.

Going to the Theatre is one of my favorite past times. I am sure that I have seen just about all of Broadway’s plays and many more off Broadway productions.

VF- I too love Bye-Bye Birdie. Do you remember the song Honestly Sincere and the scene? I love it when everyone passes out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JXUA8oFWCc

Linda- I like anything with Marcus. I have done the Kettlebell Difference several times and I randomly do the workouts in MB45.

Everyone- Have a great Thursday.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-21, 10:32 AM  
manleym

Hi Team Watulan! I hope everyone is doing well!

Not sure where I left off in my workouts, but Monday I did Cathe Live #121 Sweat, Jump & Pump. It was a great workout! Just a good, sweaty, cardio + metabolic weight workout. I followed it with Sydney Cummings 20 Minute Total Body Deep Stretch, which felt great! I haven't done many of Sydney's workouts - mainly her stretching, but I've liked all of the ones I've done. I do subscribe to her channel and I know alot of people like her. Just too many other things to do! But she often crosses my mind since she has alot out there and I see so many of her workouts on YT.

Tuesday was CleanMax and Cathe Live #156 Oh My Quad. Another great LB workout. I really liked the floorwork at end because we just don't do it much anymore. Not like the good ole' days where you'd strap on a pair of ankle weights, turn on the boom box and get toning. My hip flexor did pretty well, just really felt it on the cross back lunges holding weights. I didn't have as much range of motion on that side. But I forgot to wear the knee brace, so that's means things are healing. Yay!
Yesterday was YardMax. Spent about 2 hours weeding and trimming flower beds. Anyone know how to keep crape myrtle suckers from growing back? They were just everywhere. And the blooms had fallen from the trees, making new babies in the bed. I love them but they are high maintenance. And you can NEVER get rid of them. We had 2 removed from our front beds and they're popping back up again. Glad I like them. Oh, speaking of babies - there are 2 cardinal nests in those aforementioned crape myrtles. It's been fun seeing and hearing all of the activity.
After YardMax I did Cathe Live #139 Upper Body w/ Core Express, perfect for post YardMax. It was efficient - not too long, not too many reps, but just enough to feel it and get a good workout. Great as a 2nd workout or when you want enough to feel a workout but not enough to wear you out. I was trying to remember how similar it is to Perfect 30 Upper Body and my guess is pretty similar. I liked it.
Today is Cathe Live #353 Metabolic Conditioning 2. Looking forward to it!

Any suggestions for Fun Friday?

Hugs and waves everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-21, 11:02 AM  
fanofladyvols

Sorry manley I don't have any ideas on the crepe myrtles..they are lovely though!

Asking again because I think I heard only no...Any Watulans considering the Cathe trip? Awfully long road trip for me, so I'm still only considering.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-21, 12:43 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

WATULANS!!!!

Great week so far! I am having so much fun doing these Cathe Lives and I have been mixing and matching with other Cathe workouts tracks too.

Wed was Cathe Live 305 Burn Sets Express Legs Heavy Weights + ICE Lower Body Blast. I did the ICE Lower first to prefatigue and then the 305. LOVE these heavy lifting workouts. I just wish they were longer but adding on other tracks is working great! And a bit more cardio too.
Yoga was from Udaya and Caley Blockasana. Supposed to be Hatha..I didn't care for it much or how the blocks were used

Today I did Cathe Live 181 Jabs and Kicks for the first time. That was fun! I started out using my 3lb gloves then took them off about halfway through. I loved the combos!
Getting ready for some sweet Yin yoga shortly.

Hope you all are well. I can't get over how fast the days go by!!
I've also got the go-ahead to put in a few more hours. Right now I'm just working 4 hours a day so now can add in a little more. I kind of like the half time hours. More time to do other things around the house and yard.

Speaking of movies, my favorites are the Indiana Jones series. I am STOKED that Harrison Ford is doing one more!!! At 70 whatever years old, he is bicycling 40 miles a day to get in shape for the filming.

More later.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-21, 01:59 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Hail Watulans!

horusosirus - "Honestly Sincere" is a great number! The fainting cracks me up.

manleym - I'm no help with plants. I have a brown thumb. We've had crow nests in one of our outbuildings. Unlike most babies, the crow chicks are as homely as the day is long.

Kate - Harrison Ford is awesome, but I worry about him. He is very accident prone. (Not including at least 3 air crashes.) He recently had another on-set injury on the Indiana film. You can find lists online of all the injuries he's had on sets. He must be tough as nails!

Yesterday's workout - The original Body Pump with Dr. Jackie Mills. I haven't done it in years and forgot about the zilllions of reps. Lot of fun though!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-21, 04:57 PM  
horusosiris

To all of my Watulan friends

Manelym -I sorry but I cannot help you with keeping them from growing back. Usually in a good garden store, the associates will know the answer to you question. How exciting- baby cardinals. How are they doing? I did Metabolic Weights and Loops - CL 352 today. I was going to do 353 Metabolic Conditioning 2- but Cathe was late posting it to the WEB page, so I will do it tomorrow. Actually I was going to do it live with her but I did not finish up some work items in time.

VF- Conrad Birdie, he was a great Elvis impersonator. Dick Van Dyke was wonderful in the movie too. Well, I guess that I am biased because I love anything with Dick Van Dyke in it. Mary Poppins is another of my favorite movies that he is in.

Kate- I love all of the Indiana Jones series too. My favorites are the Temple of Doom and The Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Linda-
I am considering going on the Cathe road trip although I would much rather go on trip that we could all meet.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-21, 11:32 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Waves to Watulans!

Yesterday's workout was a Team Body Project starter one. I'm having sleep issues, so I'm apparently doing an "Insomnia Max" rotation for a while.

I really like TBP. They have workouts for all levels and Daniel is a very fun and motivation instructor. The music is good and the moves are basic.

Have a great weekend all!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-21, 11:52 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Friday, Watulans!!

Let's see, workouts, Wednesday was Mix It Up and Thursday was Shape It Up. I have a brand-new respect for these workouts, I'm telling you!! Baby mentioned Slim and Limber recently which reminded me I have that one and have never done it! So today is going to be some sort of cardio plus that. I'm thinking one of the mish mosh premixes from Cathe's Perfect HIIT is going to do the trick so I can maybe combine the high and low impact and see where my back/hip really is. I'm also thinking maybe I'll stick with this Slim Series rotation until the new Cathe workouts arrive because I feel like it's just what I need right now and I'm still having some back pain and hip stability issues.

Nathalie, wow, I feel the SAME way about adjusting bands to the right intensity or for comfort, and that's been a concern of mine for this new Cathe series! Glad I'm not alone. I'll have to see how I feel after they arrive.

Horusosiris, so good to see you! Are you happy to be back to CL?

Manleym, yay on the healing hip flexor!! Goodness, injuries suck, don't they? I don't know a thing about the crepe myrtles but they sound pretty! And baby birdies are always good!

FOLV, are you Cathe roadtripping? I wish I could but for me, it'd be a reallllllly long travel situation, and there are too many scheduling unknowns in my future. Plus, my husband would likely accidentally let all the cats get out and also burn down the house if left alone. Kidding, but you all know what I mean, I'm sure.

KateTT, yay on the job hours? I hear you, having down time for me between projects is both stressful but also really nice! You're rocking the Cathe Lives!!

Baby, is that Body Pump workout you mentioned on DVD? And insomnia sucks so bad. I'm a middle-of-the-night insomnia type gal.

It's nearly the weekend, so stay fierce, Watulans!! Waves and hugs to all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-21, 01:34 PM  
ChelePA

Jealous of those considering the road trip. Hoping nothing changes as the variant infections go up. It looks like some cities are becoming strict again.

So glad everyone liked the new Kat step video. Looked perfect as an add on or a shorter workout day.

I’m continuing my range of motion and stretching exercises daily.

A little update on my progress in therapy. 3 weeks and ROM of knee area is now 85 degrees. Normal is 140. When we first started, I could barely bend it. It was mostly straight that first week. Also some progress with ankle but I don't remember exact numbers. I always experience increased pain and some swelling 24 hours later. Hoping that will decrease with time.

It seems a few members here also have some injuries that they are slowly recovering from. Always impressed how you all continue with workouts with modifications. Sending positive healing vibes.

I am always intrigued with our little group— so many have such interesting backgrounds and life stories. Kittybug a dancer. VVfer theater and music. Such talent!

Have a wonderful weekend!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-21, 02:00 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Jealous of those considering the road trip. Hoping nothing changes as the variant infections go up. It looks like some cities are becoming strict again.

So glad everyone liked the new Kat step video. Looked perfect as an add on or a shorter workout day.

I’m continuing my range of motion and stretching exercises daily.

A little update on my progress in therapy. 3 weeks and ROM of knee area is now 85 degrees. Normal is 140. When we first started, I could barely bend it. It was mostly straight that first week. Also some progress with ankle but I don't remember exact numbers. I always experience increased pain and some swelling 24 hours later. Hoping that will decrease with time.

It seems a few members here also have some injuries that they are slowly recovering from. Always impressed how you all continue with workouts with modifications. Sending positive healing vibes.

I am always intrigued with our little group— so many have such interesting backgrounds and life stories. Kittybug a dancer. VVfer theater and music. Such talent!

Have a wonderful weekend!
ChelePA, you took the words out of my mouth regarding variants and the like. I was thinking the same thing and I too hope nothing changes with the road trip for those able to go!!

And YOU ARE ROCKING your PT!!!! Way to GO, fierce Chele!!!!! Where is FOLV and her bells??? That is excellent progress and I'm so happy to hear it! You inspire me (and us all) to keep going and to modify as needed!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in