Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-01-21, 08:16 PM  
MathTeacher

I pulled myself together enough to do Donovan Green Chair Cardio (reflux is AWFUL today) and Jessica Valant Hips.
Old 07-01-21, 08:57 PM  
Vantreesta

Way to go, MT! Glad you had smthg to celebrate last night too!

I haven't done anything yet. At this point I'm just hoping to do bedtime yoga with Kassandra.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-21, 01:18 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Hope everyone had a Happy 4th! DH and I celebrated with baby back ribs, cole slaw and a to die for double chocolate fudge cake! We live too far out of town to take part in any fireworks celebration and as our Volunteer Fire Dept would say, "It's drier than a popcorn fart." around here so fire works are restricted this year anyway.

I've been getting my walking in early still to beat the heat. Cori from Redefining Strength posted a good tutorial on youtube on rotator cuffs so I reviewed that yesterday and today and worked on some of the exercises. I've been focusing so much on the lower body that I've kind of been ignoring the upper body and that's catching up to me. I'm so glad she posted a new one to help me dust off some cobwebs.

Stay cool everyone!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 09:04 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Yesterday I got three walks in. I need to start using my pedometer again. I'd been doing the same distance for so long, seemed pointless to use it but I'm hoping doing additional walks will add up. I also did a hip exercise youtube clip from Upright Health. They had some good tips.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 07-09-21, 08:06 PM  
Leonana

I’m still doing Lift and Shift. Kind of sad to see Peanut now. It is a hard rotation for me, so I’m doing just two of the longer strength workouts each week. Today was Jessica’s 5 Minute Standing Abs and her 15 Minute After Workout Stretch.

Katie, it sounds like you are doing well with your walking and exercises. I envy your walks, it’s way too hot here. I don’t know how I did it two years ago when I walked my dogs in the summer.
Old 07-10-21, 08:58 AM  
MathTeacher

Sherry, I admire you for doing Lift and Shift. The clips intimidate me.

Katie, I have been doing Jessica Valant Hips. I think it is helping. Who knows.

Vannie, the Cardinals have not been doing well lately. I hope they do better after the All Star Break.

The problems with this web site have been really frustrating. I could not log on for days.
Old 07-10-21, 10:31 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, is Lift and Shift you're doing from Jessica Smith? I've been doing some google searches and I do understand the principal now of Lift and Shift exercising. Probably not something I'm ready for but it sounds good and very functional. MT, where do you find the clips? I'm not finding much in the way of video clips to preview. I'm glad Jessica Valant seems to be helping with your hips.

Sherry, having a 7 month old puppy has really helped me increase how many times a day I walk. lol. We are not AZ hot I'm sure but it's been consistently in the 90's, low 100's for a little over a month now. Occasionally we get a 80's sort of day and a big sigh of relief. We finally got someone to look at our Air conditioner last night which has been wonky for over a month. He has to get some parts and should fix it next weekend. Yay!

Waves Vannie! Wishing everyone a great weekend!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 07-10-21, 01:40 PM  
Leonana

Today was Jessica's 20 Minute Back Friendly Strength workout. My lighter strength workout that I'm subbing in this week's L&S third workout.

MT, I'm not doing it per the schedule, it would kill me, lol. I'm doing just two of the strength workouts per week, with the two alternate lighter workouts. So, I'm doing four days per week instead of the five scheduled, eliminating one of the strength workouts. I'm also shortening the strength workouts, and not doing the full workout. And I'm using tens as my heaviest weight. I can't do crunches, so I'm subbing the core workouts. So lots of modifying. It's still tough though!

Katie, it's the lows that are the problem for me. If I walked at 6 am, it would probably be 85-90 degrees. And yay on getting the ac fixed! Yes, it is Jessica Smith's Lift and Shift. I like it, and I think it's effective, but it's a tough one for me. I think it's the length of the workouts and using heavier weights. I'm not used to it. At least the schedule is just five days per week, with three heavier strength days. But I still have to modify.
Old 07-10-21, 05:56 PM  
MathTeacher

Katie, I am sure I watched the clips from a link here. I cannot search for it. Sorry I can't help.
Old 07-13-21, 12:18 PM  
Vantreesta

Quickie for now: got home last night after a week in Indiana with my family. I did run two times and went for one walk but that was the extent of my fitness quest. I ate a bunch of desserts and hope Friday's weigh in won't be too painful! This week will be a reset getting back into my routine. I will run this week and next week I will resume my rotation. It was a good week but it's good to be home!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote