Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-19-21, 04:40 PM  
suzysoho

I have 4's 6's and 7's. I ordered them several years back. I remember feeling guilty at the time because of the expense. But I find them all useful. Very glad I purchased them. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of them. I use my 7 lb. ones all the time with my KCM dvd's. Enjoy your four pounders....you will use them often.
Old 03-20-21, 09:57 AM  
LoveVA

So I just found 17.5lb and 22.5lb dumbbells for free.....

I was doing Day 68 of 80DO and whining (using my inside voice) about the fact that I couldn't move from 15 to 17.5 and 20 to 22.5 on a couple of the moves when my eyes settled on my 2.5 lb ankle weights.

Once they became wrist weights, I had my 17.5lb and 22.5 lb dumbbells. Problem solved.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-21, 10:31 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
So I just found 17.5lb and 22.5lb dumbbells for free.....

I was doing Day 68 of 80DO and whining (using my inside voice) about the fact that I couldn't move from 15 to 17.5 and 20 to 22.5 on a couple of the moves when my eyes settled on my 2.5 lb ankle weights.

Once they became wrist weights, I had my 17.5lb and 22.5 lb dumbbells. Problem solved.
I have the same ankle weights, but tried to put them around my dumbbells, and they were too big for the handle. I didn't think about putting them on my actual wrists, Duh, lol. Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-20-21, 10:48 AM  
red1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
I’m always amazed when I hear this kind of story.
How does this happen? I mean, who buys one weight??
I only have single 30 and 35 dumbells. At the time I just wanted them for one arm rows and didn't think I'd need the set. It's been at least 5 years and I'm fine with just one of each. I have a barbell if I want to go heavier than my 25's for deadlifts, and deadlifts are the heaviest thing I do besides rows.
Old 03-22-21, 10:09 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I totally get the excitement. I have pairs of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,12,15. The 8,10,12 and 15s are the iron hex dumbbells which are great for renegade rows. . The 6and 7 are neoprene hex ones and the fives are iron ones I inherited from my FIL which roll around cause the ends are round. I wouldn’t mind replacing these with hex ones of any material. The 2s and 4s are neoprene covered and came with a weight bench I purchased. I initially thought I wouldn’t use them but I use the 4’s for reverse flyers for my upper back and some other upper body moves and am glad I have them. Rarely use the ones or twos but I think I used the 2s when I was doing Margaret Richards Getting Better after my foot surgery. Her upper body work was killer. I got the 1s for DD when she was about 5.
Before I had all these weights I used my 1 lb. weighted gloves to get an intermediate weight.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-21, 11:57 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I found 4lb dumbbells in my dad's basement and I did a little happy dance!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 10:48 AM  
Floren

I've wanted 4 pounds but never made the move. I scooped those puppies up! Thanks for posting where to find them.

I have the FIRM weights where the pink core is 1 lb you can add 1 lb disks to make either 3 or 5 lb dumbbells, and would rig the 3lb + wrist weights for 4 lb. Never again!
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 03:28 PM  
Leonana

I just bought two 12 pounds! I found a sports store that sells new and used sports equipment. They had iron for $1.40 per pound, neoprene for $1.60, and Hex for $2.00. It seemed a good price compared to Amazon, and I wasn't having any luck on FB Marketplace or Craigslist.

I thought I would get neoprene, but the handle was too bulky for my hand. I splurged on the Hex, although the handle isn't as smooth as the iron. Now I think I need gloves, lol.
Old 03-26-21, 08:14 PM  
alisoncooks

That's a great price! And it's like "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" where one thing leads to the next, lol. I've never had lifting gloves; all my weights are neoprene except 10 and above (which I don't often use...)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-21, 12:54 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
That's a great price! And it's like "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" where one thing leads to the next, lol. I've never had lifting gloves; all my weights are neoprene except 10 and above (which I don't often use...)
Ha ha, so true! My weights up to 8 pounds are neoprene, which is my favorite. My tens are iron and the new twelves are Hex.

Tags
dumbbell, dumbbells