Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-13-18, 09:43 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
There is a sample schedule on their website and meal times are there as well which let's you know the R+R schedule. Not all the programs are exercise based, so that might also be something to consider. Between the program and their regular yoga, I was pretty busy. If you want more down time don't do a program if you can't also resist doing additional yoga. Also, yoga classes with the same name will vary in intensity with day of the week, time of day, and instructor. Not something I would have thought of on my own.
I have only done programs with visiting instructors at Kripalu. Ana Forrest, Rodney Yee and Colleen Saidman, Sadie Nardini, Natasha Rizopolous and last year Ken Cohen for Qigong. Last year my friend did R&R while I did qigong. I might consider R&R one day but I like doing workshops.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 04:29 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Old thread alert

Hi everyone--I know that this is an old thread, but it's got great info, and I hope others will keep adding to it too!

Last weekend I went to two workshops with Jennifer Kreatsoulus, a yoga teacher and therapist who specializes in yoga for eating disorders. I'm a yoga teacher and psychologist myself, so I went to both her morning workshop, which was on body mindful yoga, and the one in the afternoon, which was on cueing for teachers. Both workshops had about 11-12 participants (some overlap, some different).

In the morning workshop, Jennifer talked about "appreciation," asking us how we view appreciation and how we show it for others, ourselves, and for our bodies. There was a lot of discussion/sharing (all in the room identifying as women) plus a short yoga practice. At the end, we gave each other a "gift"--e.g., people chose gifts such as kindness, caring, acceptance, etc. (My gift was "see the good.")

A lot of what we did in the afternoon was familiar to me, is it centered largely around language, and I've done a lot of reading in this area as it relates to trauma-informed and accessible yoga. Jennifer built on some of the things introduced in her own book, Body Mindful Yoga, which I had already read. She introduced 4 concepts for cueing that are relevant for how I teach my yoga classes (and really, how I conduct much of therapy sessions as well): 1) curious inquiry, 2) neutral observation, 3) purposeful pauses/silences, and 4) permission for comfort. We also discussed being mindful of the effects of certain words on particular populations--for example, the use of "belly" with eating disordered folks.

Jennifer was very friendly, humorous, and down-to-earth. I would definitely recommend her!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 04:31 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

One more thing--as I mentioned on another VF thread, later this month, I'm going to be taking a series of 4 workshops with Allison Ray Jeraci, who some of you might know from Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/allisonrayjeraci/

I will definitely report on those as well!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-09-20, 08:26 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Interesting Beth, thank you for reviving this discussion.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-24, 05:41 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Old thread update

Sadly, the workshop series with Allison Ray Jeraci never happened due to the pandemic.

Back in 2021 I started a new workshop reporter thread here:
https://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231563

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
christine felstead, eye bag, legs up the wall, old thread alert, proprioception, yoga audios, yoga workshop reporter, yoga workshops