Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-22-17, 10:44 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
it is high rep using just your own body weight. i also recommend making sure you do the stretching that is built into the moves. for example when you elongate, really take advantage of that.
I actually think that it's continuous contraction. Lacey mentions this - I believe near the end no of Countdown 3. It's also noted in the form videos, despite the tiny pulses we never release the contraction. So one long rep with many tiny pulses for each exercise. Even the pelvic work maintains thigh contraction throughout. Thinking of it this way has been a game changer for me.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-17, 05:41 AM  
Lannette

Results

I had taken some measurements last October because I was feeling like I was pudding out and wanted to check. I finally took repeat measurements and was so surprised that I repeated them three times!

- I've lost 2.5" off my hips
- About one inch off my waist - This is likely more but my mommy tummy/menopot is lifting up and in and it makes my waist measurement a bit larger.
- About an inch of each upper most thigh - I'm hoping this will improve more now that my pelvic floor is more balanced.

These changes happened over a 7 month period of time but these changes also never back slid during that time, so slow and steady progress.

I'm starting to integrate Sandra's spiraling Technique and can't wait to see what that will bring.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 04-28-17, 08:27 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Lannette, congratulations on your results!!!

I don't have the streaming, what is the spiraling technique?

I reflected more on your earlier post, when I said it was a leg workout and you mentioned it was more a core/ab workout for you. I love the lower body work the most, but actually most of my muscle engagement (the continuous contraction like you describe it) is in my side waist/"muffintop" area, even more than in my glutes and legs. I guess in my head I was thinking leg work since it is the lower body engagement, but yes, core is more accurate! Although the open and close and the inner thigh squeezes at the end do really engage my inner thighs and abs.
Old 04-28-17, 02:56 PM  
Lannette

Thank you! I'm just learning the spiraling but a real over simplification is that the UB spirals away from the LB during hip and behind work.

There are a bunch of form pointers and it's an advanced technique so I'm not able to really explain it here. You really need to see it or at least I did. Sandra mentioned the possibility of new workouts, not sure if she's talking streaming or DVD but I hope it's soon.

Do you do downloads? I'm pretty sure there are a couple WOs on the site that use it. Body Beautiful is the newest but I can list the others when I figure them out.

Old 04-29-17, 03:10 PM  
Lannette

I did Adelaide's 30 minute Beach Workout this morning. It's a power packed and pretty demanding short workout.

It contains multiple non traditional takes on the various Callanetics movements and the sequencing is also not what you typically expect.

It also uses Spiraling but I wouldn't suggest learning it from this video. Adelaide cues it well but doesn't really explain it, probably because it's assumed that you know and understand it.

Old 04-30-17, 11:19 AM  
Lannette

Today I did Sandra's 25 minute WO. This one contains seated rotation and a decent lead in to them. This would be an inexpensive download or rental to get a feel for them.

Old 08-05-17, 02:03 PM  
Lannette

I just put up a board to share Callanetics reviews and rotations. There's also Pilates and Rebounding and I'll eventually add other WO genres. I wanted a place to review the various WOs and then be able to easily find them. Same with rotations... This seemed like a good answer. I've left two forums open and you can see the rest but in order to see them you have to become a member. It's free. I just want to avoid internet trolls and other nasties. Oh darn, almost forgot! It's HERE.

Old 12-30-17, 09:29 PM  
Lannette

Updating to say that we’ve had some great discussions on SA Callanetics and pelvic floor Activation on the forums. You can find us HERE.

Old 12-30-17, 10:57 PM  
pgun3

I have quite a few of Callan dvds now I should put them to use...Love the opening thread Lannette! thanks
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-17, 10:45 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I don't suppose the streaming has any sort of app so that it works on Roku or anything like that, does it? After months of working out from an iPad and laptop, I finally got a smart TV and now it's hard to think about going back to a small screen!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
callan pinckney, callanetics, lacey kondi, pretzel, sandra hanna