Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-14, 02:15 AM  
RubyBlue

Is there an 'official' Tonique rotation using all the videos?

Hi everyone,

Does Sylwia (or anyone else) have a rotation that uses all her videos? (I have them all, just want to use them!)

If there isn't a rotation, some ideas about how you use them all would be helpful- I work out daily although not for more than an hour, usually.

Thanks!
RubyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 03:53 AM  
Sinclair

There are some rotations on her Tonique Woman website (they are also posted here somewhere) - but they do not incorporate her two newest (FF, AtM).

When I'm doing a Tonique rotation (30 Days) it looks like this:
Day 1: AtM
Day 2: SD (at least an hour)
Day 3: BtM 1.1
Day 4: FF 1 + SD Arms
Day 5: BtM 1.2 + 2 / AtM
Day 6: FF 2
Day 7: FF 3 + SD (one or two segments)

Now I also own Premier, CardioMat, Express, Energy Mat and Mat. But I don't use them anymore. I find AtM to be much like CM but harder and Premier too easy. I don't use her Mat workouts (even though I really like EM) because I also use TA Continuity. If you want to do all of her workouts (for no more than an hour) you might consider something like this?

Week 1:
Day 1: CM (until 60 minutes)
Day 2: BtM 1.2 + SD (one to two segments)
Day 3: FF 3
Day 4: AtM (until 60 minutes)
Day 5: Premier
Day 6: EM
Day 7: Express / FF 1

Week 2:
Day 1: AtM (until 60 minutes)
Day 2: SD (until 60 minutes)
Day 3: BtM 2 + Express
Day 4: Mat
Day 5: CM (until 60 minutes)
Day 6: FF 2 (until 60 minutes)
Day 7: BtM 1.1 (73 minutes)

Note: Mat and Energy Mat moves are mixed into AtM, FF, Premier and CM (to some level into SD, BtM, Express Cardio Sculpts) so I don't used them more often. I also tried to vary the intensity level.

I'm not sure how helpful that is since I don't know at what level you currently are concerning Tonique but it might still be useful as inspiration

ETA: I feel like I should add a disclaimer - so here goes:
1. I treat this rotation like Asylum - meaning I never do it longer than 30 days. I add Tonique in all my other rotations though but never every day.
2. My fitness level is probably advanced so I can only say what works for me right now (I never did her workouts 7x/week when I wasn't as fit as I'm now). You can easily switch some of her more demanding workouts with her 'easier' ones (like Premier, CardioMat, EnergyMat, Mat, Express) or do 'Halfsies' to work up to it.
Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 04:47 AM  
RubyBlue

Hi and thanks so much! I think that will do the trick. I'm happy to work up to things and see how it goes; my knees and back are not great and so I need to be careful and just try it out (carefully).

Thank you- that's so helpful! Much appreciated.
Old 02-19-14, 07:45 AM  
momof10

Sylwia does have some rotations as said by Sinclair on her website, but most people found them too much, meaning long and doubling up her workouts, plus not the newer ones in there.

Once you get to know her workouts, you can tell which ones work different areas and learn how to rotate them. I have been doing Tonique for over 4 years now and have come quite far with them. I have found that FF Phase 2 has lots of core work and not as much legs/glute work, for the length of this workout(128 minutes). So, the day after I do FF Phase 2, I will do BTM 1.1 which seems to be more glute/leg work because it's shorter (73 minutes). I feel like that rounds it out. I like to mix up FF Phase 1 & 3, because I together they are only 70 minutes and Phase 1 has only a few minutes of plank work and the rest is standing leg/glute work, whereas Phase 3 mixes things up and has a variety of up and down moves with plank work and leg/glute work, but it's not super long. It's only about 38 minutes. ATM is very similar to Phase 3, except it's about 78 minutes and that one is a fun one.

So, I will alternate between the last two I mentioned and in between do BTM 1.2. There are so many ways to mix these up. Like Sinclair said, even though we may have all her workouts, we don't do them all anymore. I outgrew Premeir and Tonique 2.

You could join our check in and get support and some great input and feedback on how to work them in a rotation.

Cheryl
Old 02-19-14, 08:12 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyBlue View Post
Hi everyone,

Does Sylwia (or anyone else) have a rotation that uses all her videos? (I have them all, just want to use them!)

If there isn't a rotation, some ideas about how you use them all would be helpful- I work out daily although not for more than an hour, usually.

Thanks!
Here is a link to the rotations that Sylwia developed. You don't do 1, 2 & 3 all on the same day. You pick just one of them to do each day. The numbers 1, 2, & 3 represent different weeks.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...hlight=tonique

I don't have Sculpt Dynamics, Mat or CardioMat, so I had to adapt the rotations to fit which ones I have, but I have done Tonique rotations before and really liked it. I'll definitely do it again.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-14, 10:34 AM  
RubyBlue

Thanks Cheryl and LoveVA- that's fantastically helpful. I'll use your ideas as a basis for a rotation and write something up tonight.

Thanks again; interesting to see how you use the new ones (which I haven't done yet, yikes!)

I'm not very good at check-ins but I have been reading and might jump in ince I get more adept.

Thanks again!

Tags
halfsies, sylwia wiesenberg, tonique, tonique rotation