Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-13, 06:09 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy View Post

I always enjoy trading with you. Every time I get that sweet note you include I think, "Man! I meant to do that." But I never think of it.
You made my day. Thankyou!
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-13, 08:11 PM  
buffmama

Trading is like a VF holiday that rolls around when it rolls around. I used to have more that I was trading and most went. Now I have less and it seems to go slowly sometimes but persistence definitely pays. I have SASE-ed certain DVDs only to see people put them on their wish list. If they had something I could use I traded, if not I gifted. It's all good.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-13, 08:36 PM  
lselbach
VF Supporter

On my last four trades, the person I traded with waited until they received mine before they bothered to send theirs. I can understand if something comes up that causes a delay in shipping, but this was just bad manners. I stopped looking at anyone's list for a long time after that.
Old 07-01-13, 09:00 PM  
ncl

I don't trade because I don't ever get rid of DVDs, I just accumulate. Buying used would be more my style. Since I use kineticflix, also, I don't buy as much as I tend to try out before I buy and only buy things I like and that doesn't turn out to be that much...I am picky!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-13, 09:01 PM  
MARIKA

The only way I find trading is if its hot off the press items. If i just go through random old dvds i have there will be no takers.
Old 07-01-13, 10:45 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen01 View Post
I agree it's amazing when a person out of the blue contacts you and offers to send you a DVD you were discussing in a thread. Even more generous and kind sending to an overseas address. I was thrilled but concerned about costs but the person just sent the DVD. I am still very touched by that gesture and still having fun with that DVD.
I've had VF'ers send me DVDs too - all the way down here in Oz without wanting reimbursement for the postage. That's so sweet and makes the DVDs more special. On other occasions, people have SASE'd me DVDs they have seen on my wish list.
Old 07-02-13, 06:12 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
There are some SASEs I will remember for a long time, even if I passed them on! When someone PMs you out of the blue and offers you something for free, it warms you up inside in a way that you don't forget that easily, especially if other aspects of life are a bit crappy at the time. My first P57 workout was a gift from a very generous and kind VFer that messaged me out of the blue offering it (and more workouts) to me for free
This happened to me once and it was amazing. I had just made a comment on a thread, such as we do here, and out of the blue someone pm'd me and offered me the thing I commented on. Didn't even ask for an SASE! I was so touched by that, it was so unexpected and kind and generous.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-13, 07:01 AM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
This happened to me once and it was amazing. I had just made a comment on a thread, such as we do here, and out of the blue someone pm'd me and offered me the thing I commented on. Didn't even ask for an SASE! I was so touched by that, it was so unexpected and kind and generous.
I have had several people do that for me too! There are so many nice people here. I am always on the lookout for someone to mention something that I have that I could give away as well because I would love to brighten someone's day!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-13, 07:27 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Yes, I have been blessed with VF'er generosity - some of my most prized DVDs. I try to reciprocate.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-13, 08:54 AM  
sewoodson
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmact View Post

However, I will admit that I avoid some traders because (1) the lists are entirely too long and complicated, (2) they have all kinds of caveats, exceptions, stars, and admonishments about how traders are supposed to treat used DVDs like they're the crown jewels or something, and (3) past experience with certain traders.
Thank you for the post above. If I see a trade list with alot of exceptions I just move on to the next one.

I traded two big items Les Mills Combat and Met RX 180 and I did receive what I wanted. I took a loss on both but I have DVDs that I will do now.

I agree with some peopl thinking their DVDs are the crown jewels and mine are in good and excellent condition but I don't want to deal with them.

I had a very bad experience when I was first on the list. I traded a DVD that had some scratches on it. It came that way because of the packaging. The DVD was also DVD-R and I had no idea what that was back then. She posted to the list and asked about the DVD and then told this story that made it seem like I had tried to cheat her. When I responded to her on the list she replied back that I didn't tell your user name because I didn't want to embarrass you. She also posted to the list that she didn't want to trade back because she wanted to protected the other VF's from receiving the scratched DVD-R. I was done with her. I promptly sent her crown jewel back to her. Good riddence to her.

When I see a list with people who are in love with their DVDs, and yes they can be if they want, I choose to pass on them. I take care of my DVD but they are not the be all end all of my life.
sewoodson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exchange, trade, trading