Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-11, 10:27 AM  
Liz K
VF Supporter

I've done a couple complete rotations of P90X and STS. Hands down, my vote goes to STS. I consider it the best exercise investment I have made.

Some reasons I prefer STS was each workout was different. I got very tired of the same 12 DVDs on P90X, especially on my second rotation of it. On the flip side, I'm looking forward to beginning STS again at the end of October and have used separate workouts in other rotations since receiving. Don't even want to look at P90X.

I also liked the fact that I picked my own cardio. This added a lot of variety for me. I also have trouble sticking to a set rotation and this added some flexibility and made it easier to hang in there.

Another variety thing was that there is only one leg workout in P90X and it is combined with back. I enjoy all the leg workouts in STS and appreciated the variety.

Results - I never looked so good as I did after my first STS rotation. For the first time in my life, I had arm definition. I leaned out and people were commenting on my muscles. I looked more toned after P90X but it just didn't do it for me like STS.

Also got tired of Ab Ripper and liked having a variety of ab routines.

I like both Cathe and Tony but if I have to see one everyday, I have to choose Cathe. Since each STS workout is different, I didn't feel like I was hearing the same thing over and over.

I know a lot of people comment on the length of the workouts but I don't think they're any longer than a lot of the P90X workouts. The workouts went by quickly for me.

Liz

Looking back over this, I see that the variety thing is a big factor for me even though I have done 2 90 day rotations of P90X and have also ordered P90X2.
Liz K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe friedrich, halfsies, p90x, sts, sts weights, tony horton