Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-21, 08:48 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I did a Pilates DVD at bedtime last night.
Slept 10 hours (don 't slap me, Diana!)
And yet I feel tired today, so I'm resting.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-21, 11:07 PM  
seabliss

Rest day today!

Cynthia, you're absolutely right about weight loss. And as for weight gain--I can gain 2 pounds overnight from one meal, and it does not go away after. Ugh! But the doctor upped my thyroid dosage from 30 mg to 45 mg, so here's hoping it works!

Diana, I hope you get some good sleep tonight. Have you tried taking magnesium at bedtime?

Our visas for Portugal were approved today, so we are celebrating!

Cheryl
Old 05-29-21, 07:03 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

So I test drove an idea last night. You know about my never ending neck tension that I deal with. Last night I slept on a wedge pillow, on my back. I put a small neck roll under my neck. I woke without as much neck tension. Something about sleeping on my side is causing the neck tension. BUT sleeping on my back messed with my lower back. It has worked its way out and doing better.

Cheryl Yay for the approval!

Cynthia Yay for good sleep!

Steps for yesterday: 14,665
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-21, 04:04 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, another step closer!

Diana, it's funny, I can't go to sleep on my back, I've tried. But I often wake up on my back.

Had another good night's sleep & was ready to work out. I did MBFA Upper & got more use out of my 17.5's.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-21, 07:55 PM  
seabliss

Today was lots of walking with shopping and an outdoor walk. Already almost 11k steps. I was going to work out but it was too late, so I will tomorrow.

Diana, that's good about the neck roll thing! I carry a lot of tension in my jaw and chin, for some reason. I'm always trying consciously to relax them, and sometimes it seems impossible. It causes achiness. I wish I could find a solution like you did!

Cynthia, great about using the heavy weights and getting good sleep!
Old 05-29-21, 08:18 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

My neck and upper body felt a lot better today. I still have pain but that's to be expected since I have degeneration in my neck. But I didn't feel like my upper body and neck was as tight as a banjo string like I have been feeling. But I didn't like waking with lower back pain, although it worked it's way out within a couple of hours. Our crazy bodies, LOL.

I had a opportunity to walk with my friend today and then with our Deacon's wife, who is my normal walking buddy at home.

Check-In: 1 1/2 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-30-21, 05:28 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 18,245

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-30-21, 11:58 AM  
lynnf

Hi, had a rough migraine patch, but am back. Going off today for a shopping trip to the nearby Victorian town. Lovely cool weather.

Cheryl, your plans sound fantastic and I had no idea how easy it was to become an expat. You guys really have this well researched and I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Portugal. I have lived for periods of time in Belgium (weather is horrid, so not recommended, but the food is great), and for 3 months in Munich, which I very much enjoyed. Plus I have spend summers in Paris (can't complain about that) and did live a year in Oxford in my youth (fun, for sure), plus teaching in Rome for a summer (totally great, and the food there was amazing). It is so fun to be able to be in Europe and get to another city so easily. There certainly is always some culture shock, but it sounds like you and your family is ready for the adventure and it sounds like the set up in Portugal is great for you. I definitely encourage you all to get as good as you can in the language and not worry about making mistakes, but just keep trying and trying because eventually you will get better and better and not even realize that one day you will be getting along fine. Of course, your DD will do the best of all. So excited for you. I was wondering if you had the latest Jessica Walk Strong set as I wouldn't mind that one.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-21, 09:59 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

No workout to report. Took a rest day.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-31-21, 08:01 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

We are going on a day trip so I won't be able to get a formal workout in. I will try to get my steps in.

Steps for yesterday: 5,755

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy! Have a great start to your week!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana